Alias

Any fans?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Fletcher
Hexadecimal teenager
Location: Smallville, Kansas, with regular commutes to Odyssey, Ohio

Alias

Post by Fletcher »

Calling all "Alias" fans! I just finished watching the first two seasons on DVD (I have two more to go) and I think its awesome. Its created by the same guy who created "Lost," so, as expected, its very intelligently written. The storylines are extemely surprising, and all the characters, even the bad guys, are complex. Any fans of the show here?
EUGENE IS BACK!!!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

When I first saw this thread, I thought you meant the software company, for which I have great respect. Then I saw what it's actually about. I've never seen it.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

i used to watch it a lot..but after a while it began to get to predictable. vaughn-stop obsessing over sydney. when she says we're taking it "slow"..take it slow. sydney-stop flirting with vaughn. yeah..but the action stunt stuff is pretty aweseom though.. :D
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

never heard of it
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

it has jennifer garner and some other famous peoples in it..
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Alias rocks! Did you see the season finale? Probably the worst - on-the-edge-of-my-seat finale ever! Even worse than LOST's!
CAST:
Jennifer Garner
Michael Vartan
Victor Garber
Ron Rifkin
Carl Lumbly
Kevin Weisman
Mia Maestro
Greg Grunberg

http://abc.go.com/primetime/alias/profi ... =primetime
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

no i didnt. what happened. i saw in the previews that....

EDIT: Just in case Fletcher doesn't want to be spoiled ;). - Shadowpaw
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Alias is actually my favorite show currently on TV :). The first two seasons are certainly some of the best seasons of television ever with one of the best cliffhangers in TV history at the end of season 2. Season 3 I also really enjoyed, though it had a much different feeling. Season 4 was a mixed bag... some truly terrific episodes, but a bit redundant. It would probably be more enjoyable watching it on DVD though, where you're not waiting from week to week for the new episode.

With that said, I'm very much looking forward to season 5!

On a related note, if you look at my AIO Collection that I posted in another thread, you'll see Seasons 2 and 3 of Alias on DVD on the right. Season 1 was in my DVD player at the time ;).
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Alias? Never really heard of it till now. Isn't the main character in lots of movies? I remember seeing an add or something of her.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Jennifer Garner is in a few movies. Elektra, Daredevil, 13 going on 30, she was also on Dawson's Creek- I mean she was on Felicity for a while. She was married to Scott Folely and divorced him for Michael Vartan (her boyfriend on Alias) and now she's dating and pregnant with Ben Affleck. YUCK.

I like her as an actress but I really feel sad that she divorced her husband to date other guys. :shame:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

well yeah those movies ring a bell. I dont know much about her or even care but really you shouldnt believe everything you read or hear. I m not a big fan of gossip on all levels even if its on tv and newspaper.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Fenix wrote:well yeah those movies ring a bell. I dont know much about her or even care but really you shouldnt believe everything you read or hear. I m not a big fan of gossip on all levels even if its on tv and newspaper.
Is it gossip if it's true? And it's not like I heard someone talking about it in the halls at school, it's true. :-
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

I checked the first season out of the library. It was better than I'd expected--as you say, even the bad guys are complex, and that was super cool. It wasn't the rip-off of The Pretender that it was advertised as. On the other hand, I didn't like it enough to watch any other seasons--the characters didn't grab me. (Maybe I should give it another shot, though?) I prefer The Pretender, which is a different premise but similar execution--there's mad intrigue, characters to love, characters to love to hate, characters to feel firmly ambivalent about . . . and above all, the show is uplifting. It was on from 1996-2000 and is finally being released on DVD--glee!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I can't wait for it to come back. I have a bad feeling that Michael Vartan's character was involved in SD6 or something worse...and was that crash an accident or something to try and kill them?
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I hate Alias. Absolutely hate it. To the core of my being I hate it.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Do you think Mandy hates 'Alias'? :-k

Well, I love it and can't wait for it to return. I was so shocked when the car hit them and them the season ended. What with Sydney's mom talking to Vaughn and telling him that he has to tell her the truth. And then he's about to tell her and they're hit by a car out of nowhere. HAAAAAAAA!

Has anyone heard when the new season starts? I heard that it might be Jennifer Garners last season, and that they might have some new agent-in- training take her spot. And they'll also work into the script her pregenacy. So it'll be an interesting season.

Oh, and I don't know about where you live, but they are going to be running past shows on the weekend here.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:I hate Alias. Absolutely hate it. To the core of my being I hate it.

Mandy
And why is that, pray rant?
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Because I tend to be adverse to anything and everything that is popular. And it was obsession #1 in our youth group for the first season and half of the second.

Besides that, it just doesn't interest me.

And I was only allowed to watch part of an episode before it was outlawed in my house.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

You poor thing!

The season starts in like two weeks. I wish that they hadn't moved it to thursdays, because I am not home then. ](*,)

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:Because I tend to be adverse to anything and everything that is popular.
I totally understand! I get that way about people. Like small children that are coddled by everyone at my church or something. Or movies like Neo Dynomite! So, I totally understand and kudos to you because of it.