The Wizard of Oz

No spoiler warning needed :P

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

The Wizard of Oz

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I just saw the Wizard of Oz again, and I must say that it was much better after watching Wicked. I was like being very sympathetic to the "Wicked Witch."

So discuss the Wizard of Oz. \:D/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

!!!! I love that movie! I really like the Tin Man when he does that thing. You know, where he, like, leans to one side so they go over there, and then he leans the other way so they all go over there b/c they think that he's going to fall over. Ya know? but his feet our firm on the ground! You know what I'm talking about. you just saw it. And i really don't like the Wicked Witch of the West. she freaks me out. and that bike. it look like my moms bike, yeah, it's really old, so whenever she gets on it, we sing that music while she's on it in the movie. Ya know? Well, yes, I heart that movie! :D
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I like the movie. I remember being scared of the flying dogs or whatever. (Have not seen the movie for a while.) In US History we learned about the significance of the characters and the plot. Some probably already know, but I want to watch it along with the Pink Floyd CD to see how similar they are. But I can wait. I'm not gonna buy a CD just for that... You can also see some on youtube, I think.

Here's a link to some information on The Dark Side of Oz. Fascinating...
http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/
I do what I do.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I like the Wicked Witch because I have seen the broadway musical Wicked on youtube.

In the movie, I really didn't care for Glinda, "Because, she wouldn't have believed me. She needed to learn a lesson." Me:"......... What in the world! You just came down from a bubble! She would have believed anything you said!" However, I really like Glinda in the musical Wicked.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

A classic. I love the Scarecrow's dancing. And I'm pretty sure every kid is afraid of the flying monkeys when they're little. Poor flying monkeys, forced to be evil by the mean wicked witch. ;)
GlennAdams wrote:In US History we learned about the significance of the characters and the plot.
Wow, that's an interesting and unexpected history subject. :-k
GlennAdams wrote:Some probably already know, but I want to watch it along with the Pink Floyd CD to see how similar they are.
Yes, it's pretty cool. Very interesting coincidences.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Darcie wrote:Wow, that's an interesting and unexpected history subject.
If you don't know about it, you should look it up. I can't tell from your post if you know how it relates to the Gold and Silver currency, the various social classes represented... etc.
I do what I do.
Forte
OK

Post by Forte »

I've never really liked the movie. I've always been scared of urban legends, so hearing about all the legends (and actual truth) surrounding this movie always scares me for some reason.

And now, I probably won't be able to fall asleep. x_x

(what is the offical "-phobia" word for fear of urban legends, anyway? I remember there was one...)
|My LiveJournal|My Facebook (Add me, please! I need a reason to use it! :P|

I like changing my avatar a lot, so expect a new one every now and then.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I like the Tinman.

*Laughs at his accidently A Christmas Story refrence*

-Robo
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

*thread merged*

My school is putting on a production of "The Wizard of Oz." I'm the Wicked Witch of the West, which is still a little annoying--singing is my life, and I get the ONE role without a singing part. Period. Still, it's been pretty fun. So what do you guys think about it--the musical, the movie, the book, whatever.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Psh. Just look at my username and it's easy to guess my opinion on WoO. =]

Apart from Gone With The Wind, The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie. I also enjoy the musical and book. As a child, I'd read myself the book, sometimes the entire story or just chapters, every night before I went to sleep. I have wonderful memories of being a little girl and playing Wizard of Oz, cluthcing my miniature beagle, pretending she was Toto and I, Dorothy.

If you haven't guessed, Over the Rainbow is my favorite song. ;) I hum and sing it all the time. It really reflect's my hopeless romantic, optimistic and dreamer type personality. :yes:

Wow, you're in the show and you landed that large role? That's wonderful! Ever since I can remember, I've dreamed of being in the show and playing Dorothy. Our Youth Theatre group performed it this summer and I attended the workshop before auditions. I was told by the director and professional artist that'd I'd make a lovely Dorothy and had the sweetest voice. Unfortunately, due to my height (I'm nearly six feet tall) and some health issues, I could not be casted.

But I'm so glad you have the honor of being in it. Could you post pictures or a video? I'd love to see y'all's version. :D
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

When I was a kid I hated that movie. The wicked witch always scared me and the flying monkeys always gave me nightmares... But now? Its all right. I definitely like it better than when I was 5 or 6. I saw Wicked a while back. Its not really as good as The Wizard of Oz, (sequels/prequels rarely are in my opinion.) but I really like the explanations behind everything that happens in the WoO.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

I have never seen the movie and I don't know the story but I think that it will be a good production
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

like Jason, I was also scared of the Wicked Witch when I was younger. But now I like it fine, it's a cute classic!...even though I haven't seen it for awhile :anxious:

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I really enjoy the Wizard Of Oz. An AWESOME movie!!
*insert provocative quote here*
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I don't really like it that much....
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I love the movie.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I love the Wizard of Oz! \:D/

I think that I'm the only person in my family who likes that movie. :-k
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Oh, very exciting TigerintheShadows! You'll do well as the Witch regardless. :)

Hehe... *looks around* Yeah, um.. I've never seen the WoO all the way through... parts of it, sure. But its like Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music... Alice in Wonderland... basically any classic and I have NOT seen it. Because... the classics are definitely... lame. Yup... definitely out of the loop, but a loop I care not to be in sometimes... lol.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The thing I thought would be a tad ironic was if we got to do Wicked and I was, again, cast as the Wicked Witch (a character whose name is given in Wicked, but whose name I also don't remember). But I figure that that's highly unlikely. Anyways, we had our first production last night, and the second is tonight. Last night's went pretty well, even though some of the sound cues were off and the Tin Man accidentally knocked Dorothy's cage over. But he ad-libbed his way through it and PWNED. It went well, when all's said and done. Plus, I'm not green all over :D. That was good, because I had a girls' church thing to go to immediately afterwards.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad that things went so well! :D I hope tonight's performance goes just as well or even better! (With no adlibbing necessary.) ;)