Australia (The Movie)

I liked it...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Australia (The Movie)

Post by GlennAdams »

I went to see Australia the other night with my two brothers. We went to the 9:10 showing. There were less than 10 people! I was surprised.

Anyways, I really liked the movie. It was very intriguing and the landscape was amazing. I read online that they made the movie to increase tourism to the Australia because tourists aren't paying the big bucks with the way the economy is.

The movie was well done. It was very long, however. I kept on thinking that the movie would end but there was always another scene.

I really liked Nulah and the fact that he loved "Somewhere over the Rainbow."

Overall, I thought that the movie was very good. I'd definitely suggest watching it.

Any other thoughts on the movie??
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really liked the trailer that I saw but I haven't actually seen the movie, so I appreciate reading your thoughts on it! I'm glad to hear that it's pretty good. I might not have a chance to see it in theatres, but I do want to see it eventually.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I love Hugh Jackman and like Nicole Kidman, I might want to go see it.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
fireflygirl_01
Found
Location: just sitting in the hall; waiting for the darkness to consume me

Post by fireflygirl_01 »

My mother really wants to see it. her antics are really quite comical.
~O sNaP ItS fIrEfLy~
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

Haven't even heard of the movie. That might give some insight to the 10 people in the theater.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Actually, I went to see it again. It was almost sold out. This time I went at 7:10. I liked it just as much if not more the second time around. I was able to better understand the plot line and figure out Whos Who sooner.
I do what I do.
Kell
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Kell »

No offense to those who liked it, but I did not. I swear that movie was never going to end! To all those who have not seen it, not saying you shouldn't because thats up to you, but just a fair warning....its long, like really long, like 2 hrs and 45 mins long! I felt that the developing of the characters were very rushed, you really didn't know their story, you were just thrown these characters and were forced to like them. The only character I liked was the little boy, he was cute and a really interesting story line. He made the movie for me! I did also like the tie in to Wizard of Oz, I love that movie. But aside from that the movie did nothing for me, except make me want to sleep but thats it.

Not saying its not well done believe me, Australia is one of the most beautifully done movies I have seen in a long time. And the actors did a fair job, Hue Jackman is always great. But after the 1st hour and a 1/2, I wasn't wondering whats going to happen, I was looking at my watch and praying it would end soon.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Haha. It was long. I liked it though... It kept on getting better.

I too really liked Nullah (The little boy). He's such a great actor for his young age.
I do what I do.