Sunday School Musical

Yes, yes, it is what it sounds like...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Sunday School Musical

Post by Kairi »

Sunday School Musical

:roll:

So, uh, discuss? ](*,)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I would have been less surprised to see this if it was April 1, but it isn't. ;) Interesting...I hadn't heard of this movie, and I'm guessing that it isn't experiencing wide distribution. Have you actually see the movie or know somebody who has, Katrina? :-k The IMDB doesn't have much info about it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've never seen or heard of this movie until this topic. It is not playing in my area that I am aware of.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I express similar sentiments to those posted by the user above me. I have limited access to new movies, but the teens in my youth group haven't mentioned this at all (for some reason, that doesn't surprise me).

Have you seen it yourself?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I haven't seen it, I heard about it on NarniaWeb first. I might see it if I could see it free though. :D What's next? Camp CCM? :? ;)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

NOOOO!!!! As an enthusiastic High School Musical fan, I don't appreciate people trying to copy it. Last time they tryed to copy it, we got Camp Rock, and that was a disaster..... not to mention the Cheetah Girls movies. Ugh. Although some of those songs in the Cheetah Girls movies were good.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Looks like it was direct to DVD, so don't expect to see it in theaters. In a shocking turn, however, RedBox is renting it. Since the rental is so cheap, I'll take one for the team, and report back late tonight. Watch this space.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Way to take one for the team, Me! \:D/ I will credit this to Frank and I for some mysterious reason. O:)

*watches the space, as instructed*
Me
An original

Post by Me »

You watch in vain. :( I went to three RedBox locations, and contrary to what the website said... two were out of order, and the third didn't have it.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Catspaw wrote:Way to take one for the team, Me! \:D/ I will credit this to Frank and I for some mysterious reason. O:)

*watches the space, as instructed*
*keeps watching the space* I'm sure you could find a lot more Redboxes in your city, Me. ;)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

So... after striking out more than six times, I finally got my hands on a copy of this.

It had potential... a lot of potential. Unfortunately, it fell flat on its face due to a horribly written script, and incompetent directing (same person co-wrote and directed). Cinematography was about what you would expect from something of this budget class. The cast was very likeable. Most had the potential to turn in solid performances, but again, the director wasn't skilled enough to bring out those performances. I'm talking bad student film level in most cases. Continuity was a nightmare, editing weak, sound design awful.

On the other hand, most of the songs were very well done, even if they used mostly the same style and instrumentation. Other than the performance pieces, the score was unfortunately very weak. At one point they blatantly ripped off the beat of "RÉSISTANT" by Iron Sy and D. Roques.

If this thing had a decent budget (they didn't even have extras in big scenes at a school, in the middle of the day), and a different writer/director, I would have enjoyed it. My recommendation is to look into the soundtrack, and avoid the movie itself.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, talk about dedication! Me = my hero. :inlove: Thanks for tracking down this movie and reviewing it for us. I saw it at Wal-Mart a while ago, but I really doubted that it was worth $20 or whatever it cost, and it sounds like I was right. :( I still wouldn't mind renting it at some point, since it doesn't sound totally awful, and since I don't have a filmaker's mind like Me, I'm sure that I wouldn't be quite as bothered by the bad filmmaking. It's too bad that it didn't live up to the potential that Me saw in it. :( Oh well....life goes on.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I first heard about this back in October.

I still want to see it...
Love is stronger than death.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Wow..if this seriously comes out in theaters or wutever I think I'm gonna like HSM better.. Maybe not HSM2, but... :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This was a straight-to-DVD release, and based on Me's review, I'm guessing it will never be seen in theatres, and because of the limited audience appeal, it probably won't be aired in TV much either.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Catspaw wrote:This was a straight-to-DVD release, and based on Me's review, I'm guessing it will never be seen in theatres, and because of the limited audience appeal, it probably won't be aired in TV much either.
*snicker* What makes you think it has no audience appeal? :-
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

JesusFreak42 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:This was a straight-to-DVD release, and based on Me's review, I'm guessing it will never be seen in theatres, and because of the limited audience appeal, it probably won't be aired in TV much either.
Limited, not none. ;) Obviously some people are watching it, but it doesn't have much mass appeal, for some reason. ;)
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Catspaw wrote:
JesusFreak42 wrote:
Limited, not none. ;) Obviously some people are watching it, but it doesn't have much mass appeal, for some reason. ;)
Oh why, oh why, we canst never understand.. O:)
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I watched the trailer for this video, and I have a few thoughts. The filming looks good, not cheap like a lot of past christian movies sadly. The story looks original enough and okay. The main downfall of this movie is the title. If they gave it an original title, maybe it would have a better chance. The other thing about this movie is it's made by this company that gets it kicks by making parodies of big movies. Go to their site see what I mean and watch some of their weird teasers (Warning: don't watch ALL of their movies trailers, some have nudity.) http://www.theasylum.cc/production.php Click the drop down tab of their Recent Releases and browse the madness.

-Robo
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The asylum is apparently only the distributor? The production company can be found here: http://faithfilms.cc/