Monsters vs. Aliens

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shadowfax

Monsters vs. Aliens

Post by Shadowfax »

Who has seen the Dream works movie, Monsters vs. Aliens? \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I haven't yet... I plan on watching it in the next few days. though. It looks pretty cool/amusing. \:D/ Seth Rogan's voice alone cracks me up. :(
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I saw Monsters vs. Aliens last Saturday - it had me laughing so hard my sides began to ache. :hilarious:

:anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Is the 3D aspect of it cool? Because I'm only going to watch it in... 2D. :(
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The theatre I went to didn't offer it in 3D - not that I would've gone to see it in 3D for my first viewing, anyway.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I haven't seen it yet. I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I want to see it but who knows, I havent see alot of movies. :( Is there anything at all immoral or anything?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have not, unfortunately, but my brother and I cannot wait to see it!!!!!! :D
Last edited by Sapphire on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Fang wrote:I want to see it but who knows, I havent see alot of movies. :( Is there anything at all immoral or anything?
Aliens die. :(

I think it's pretty hard to watch any movie that doesn't have some degree of "immorality." But if you want a complete rundown of the "questionable" aspects of the movie, check out Plugged In's review.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Fang wrote:I want to see it but who knows, I havent see alot of movies. :( Is there anything at all immoral or anything?
Aliens die. :(

I think it's pretty hard to watch any movie that doesn't have some degree of "immorality." But if you want a complete rundown of the "questionable" aspects of the movie, check out Plugged In's review.
Aaannd...this is ensaddening? \:D/

Thanx, I shoulda thought o' that.. :- *reads* Wows..slightly awkward content. :-k
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

It's been my experience that Plugged In makes things sound a lot worse then they are in the actual film... but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for sure in this case! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ah, the age old debate about movie standards. How fun. ;) Plugged In takes a much more conservative approach to appeal to those families with higher standards - and there's nothing wrong with that. It's up to the discretion of the viewer (or the parents) to determine whether or not the movie is appropriate to watch. I don't know if I'd take a eight or nine-year old to see this one, but I think anyone who's old enough to be on this message board would enjoy and appreciate it. ;)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Plugged In is still a good reference point to determine if the movie is 'worth' seeing or leaving alone. Although they sometimes take things oddly, I still prefer to go there and "preview" what the movie might contain (usually so I can argue against watching whatever Top is wanting to see :noway: ).

Back on topic: I would really like to see Aliens vs. Monsters. \:D/ I'll probably wait 'til it comes out on dvd, though. I've liked the previews I've seen thus far.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

It's been sitting on my hard drive for a couple weeks now. \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

You should email everyone a copy! \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

The Top Crusader wrote:It's been sitting on my hard drive for a couple weeks now. \:D/
And you know how I feel about that. :noway:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.