The Hangover

In the spirit of Xiao posting about vile R-rated films

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Have you seen The Hangover?

YES! And I love it!
8%
NO! But I love it anyway!
15%
No, but I want to!
8%
Yes, and I hated it!
No votes
Obviously not! >:(
62%
I will eventually!
8%
I understand the deep meaning within this film, just like Bruno and Borat had!
No votes

Total votes: 13

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

The Hangover

Post by The Top Crusader »

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust..."

\:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm suprised Top would watch such an awful film...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

American Eagle wrote:I'm suprised Top would watch such an awful film...
So you've seen it, too? Yay! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I'm suprised Top would watch such an awful film...
So you've seen it, too? Yay! \:D/
Most certainly not. Just read one of the seven long, detailed sections about the "Sexual content" contained in Hangover, on Plugged In Online. I cannot publish the writing as it is so explicit; that is why the top of the page says, "ONLINE EDITOR'S NOTE: THIS FILM FEATURES GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT. THIS REVIEW REFERENCES THAT CONTENT AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN." What more do I need?

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I kinda want to see it. :-

also...pluggedinonline is the worst movie review site ever.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Tyler wrote:also...pluggedinonline is the worst movie review site ever.
It is actually the best. Not for your type of people, but for families who care about what sort of media their family consumes. I was actually thinking earlier of sending them an email saying how much I appreciate them. :-

Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Well, I will say that pluggedinonline goes rather overboard on some things; however, when it lists sexual content, usually it's right-on with everything stated in the article being in the movie.

I, for one, will never watch The Hangover.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Iron and Light wrote:Well, I will say that pluggedinonline goes rather overboard on some things; however, when it lists sexual content, usually it's right-on with everything stated in the article being in the movie.

What sorts of things do you mean? I think I've noticed some things in their reviews which I could understand that it's going overboard, but what are you meaning?

Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

American Eagle wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:Well, I will say that pluggedinonline goes rather overboard on some things; however, when it lists sexual content, usually it's right-on with everything stated in the article being in the movie.

What sorts of things do you mean? I think I've noticed some things in their reviews which I could understand that it's going overboard, but what are you meaning?
I mean that there have been times where pluggedin has overreacted. I don't have a for instance right now, I just remember that they have done it- many times.

However, their 'sexual content' section is usually pretty right-on. I mean... if pluggedin writes about something GRAPHICALLY sexual, usually it's in the movie. After all, they don't go around dreaming up possibly sexual stuff to write in their reviews :p. When they have misinterpreted (at least, in my opinion) 'sexual' situations (that weren't really 'sexual' at all.. but you get my point), it's been something that was really just hinted at- nothing explicitly shown. Basically, if pluggedin says something emphatically sexual under their 'sexual content' section- IT'S IN THE MOVIE.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Iron and Light wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

I mean that there have been times where pluggedin has overreacted. I don't have a for instance right now, I just remember that they have done it- many times.

However, their 'sexual content' section is usually pretty right-on. I mean... if pluggedin writes about something GRAPHICALLY sexual, usually it's in the movie. After all, they don't go around dreaming up possibly sexual stuff to write in their reviews :p. When they have misinterpreted (at least, in my opinion) 'sexual' situations (that weren't really 'sexual' at all.. but you get my point), it's been something that was really just hinted at- nothing explicitly shown. Basically, if pluggedin says something emphatically sexual under their 'sexual content' section- IT'S IN THE MOVIE.
Yeah, I agree. I don't mind as much when movies imply something bad, as long as it's not shown (because it doesn't). Still, it is bad, and I think pluggedin should mention the implications.

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Since I don't use PluggedIn, I went over and read some of their reviews to see how they are. I think PluggedIn is ideal for families who are trying to decide if they consider something appropriate for their children. Let's face it, people have different standards and children of different ages. PluggedIn is trying to do people a favor by including everything that might be objectionable. If it's not objectionable to you, then don't pay attention to the review, as simple as that. No need to criticize them. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Chandler wrote:Since I don't use PluggedIn, I went over and read some of their reviews to see how they are. I think PluggedIn is ideal for families who are trying to decide if they consider something appropriate for their children. Let's face it, people have different standards and children of different ages. PluggedIn is trying to do people a favor by including everything that might be objectionable. If it's not objectionable to you, then don't pay attention to the review, as simple as that. No need to criticize them. ;)
I totally agree. Very well-said.

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

American Eagle wrote:
It is actually the best. Not for your type of people, but for families who care about what sort of media their family consumes. I was actually thinking earlier of sending them an email saying how much I appreciate them. :-
Yeah I guess my type of people don't care about what my family consumes....ya got me. :(

What else does my type of people do? Enlighten me. You seem to be quite an expert on it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, AE, don't be such a rude, jerkish snob in my thread! \:D/

Pluggedin Online listed GOOGLEY EYES as sexual content in Curious George! \:D/ AAAHHH!!! SHIELD ME FROM THE SEXUAL GOOGLEY EYES THAT ARE SEDUCING ME!!!!!!!! :mad:

They are good in getting every possible thing that might be wrong in a movie (I think its kind of funny they count swear words... what, 5 is okay but 6 is too many?), but they don't accurately portray things IMO. I saw an early screener of The Hangover, and it didn't contain the sexual content Pluggedin claims... dunno if it was cut from the screener or if they made it up--but in my experience, if something was implied they will just say it was in the film. \:D/

But regardless, this isn't a topic to discuss Plugged In Online and its good and bad points. :noway: This is a place to discuss the HIGHEST GROSSING R-RATED COMEDY IN HISTORY, The Hangover! \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I like the actors in it, and I'm just as "liberal" as others said Tyler happened to be... but just I'm not into the cheap laughs shocker-comedies made to revolt you. So this will not be a movie I would pay to see.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

darcie wrote:I'm just as "liberal" as others said Tyler happened to be....
I mean c'mon guys....bible belt Georgia kid vs fruits n' nuts California girl...WHO'S MORE LIBERAL!? :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Tyler wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Yeah I guess my type of people don't care about what my family consumes....ya got me. :(

What else does my type of people do? Enlighten me. You seem to be quite an expert on it.
Hmm... someone above said, "Not everyone's as liberal as you, Tyler," so I assumed it was a well-established fact that Tyler didn't exactly a family-friendly movies. Didn't mean to offend. :-
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, AE, don't be such a rude, jerkish snob in my thread! \:D/
:shame: \:D/

The Top Crusader wrote:Pluggedin Online listed GOOGLEY EYES as sexual content in Curious George! \:D/ AAAHHH!!! SHIELD ME FROM THE SEXUAL GOOGLEY EYES THAT ARE SEDUCING ME!!!!!!!! :mad:
Hehe, that is a bit much. \:D/

darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Tyler wrote:
darcie wrote:I'm just as "liberal" as others said Tyler happened to be....
I mean c'mon guys....bible belt Georgia kid vs fruits n' nuts California girl...WHO'S MORE LIBERAL!? :x
OK, I admit it. Me. :anxious: But I'm old, so that makes me less liberal in this regard?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

darcie wrote: So this will not be a movie I would pay to see.
Well, sure! I didn't pay to see it myself! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

American Eagle wrote:
Tyler wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

Hmm... someone above said, "Not everyone's as liberal as you, Tyler," so I assumed it was a well-established fact that Tyler didn't exactly a family-friendly movies. Didn't mean to offend. :-
Whoa! Whoa! Put the breaks on right here! I was teasing Tyler when I said that. I don't really think of him in those terms. :x

Remember what else I said, PluggedIn works great for families trying to decide what films their children should watch. I've seen and heard parents expressing regret that they let their children see a film that they heard was good or funny because their source neglected to mention some negative aspects. I've never heard a parent complain that they were over-informed when making a decision.

But unless Tyler has some kids I don't know about (besides Top), he doesn't apply to the above. He's free to make his own choices about entertainment and if you disagree, don't attack him personally because many others here wouldn't agree with you either. He's not some kind of anti-family freak. :noway:
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, AE, don't be such a rude, jerkish snob in my thread! \:D/
Somewhat agreed, AE. I see your point but personal attacks will never help you influence people.
The Top Crusader wrote:Pluggedin Online listed GOOGLEY EYES as sexual content in Curious George! \:D/ AAAHHH!!! SHIELD ME FROM THE SEXUAL GOOGLEY EYES THAT ARE SEDUCING ME!!!!!!!! :mad:
:grineyes:
Simple explanation: Some people want to screen romance from their kids. Does PluggedIn have a separate category for that? No? Then it fits better there than under bad language or violence. :noway:
(We all know that Googley eyes lead to sex. Unless you're ugly. Then it may lead to bad language or violence.)
The Top Crusader wrote:They are good in getting every possible thing that might be wrong in a movie (I think its kind of funny they count swear words... what, 5 is okay but 6 is too many?),
I wouldn't want to be the person who has to compile all that info. ;)

That's partly why I wouldn't ever want to use PluggedIn before going to watch a film myself. I don't want all the itemized negatives floating around in my head before I even get in there. It was bad enough ahead of time with Prince Caspian listening to people complain about Susan having a leadership position on the battlefield. Oh, come on. :roll:
The Top Crusader wrote:But regardless, this isn't a topic to discuss Plugged In Online and its good and bad points. :noway:
It is now! \:D/
(Do we really need more threads about films that a good portion of our board can't see anyway?)