Shane Acker's 9

Produced by Tim Burton

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Shane Acker's 9

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Hey guys, long time, no see. :D Things have been pretty insane over the last little while so I haven't been able to post, but oh well, that's life for ya.

Anyhoo, over the last few months I have discovered and fallen in love with this fantastic little film called '9'. It was originally a 10 minute short created by a college student named Shane Acker. It was nominated for an Oscar in 2005, but sadly did not win. :(

Here's a link to the original short: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IQcMeNh7Hc

Anyways, Tim Burton watched it and liked it so much that he approached Acker and asked him if he would like to create *gasp* a full-featured film centered around the little post-apocalyptic world that he created in the short. Acker was delighted and accepted his offer, and the rest is history.

The animated film '9' will be coming out on September 9th, 2009 (9/9/09, get it? ;) ) and the film is rated PG-13 (which personally makes me very happy).

Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c&feature=fvw

Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB7P28RowVs

Trailer 3 (originally in French, but dubbed over in English): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqNQix1jJQI

Also, Focus Features released two several-minute-long clips from the movie itself (WARNING: Remember, this is a PG-13 film. Some people [I'm not one of them :P] may find this a bit scary).

Under Attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3uDjjFFRGQ

Winged Beast (WARNING! This contains some spoilers for the film): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5kViehR ... re=channel

So, what do you guys think? I don't know about you, but I'm counting down the days until Sept. 9. \:D/
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'll see this right after I see The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline... you got that right... never. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Reb Tevye wrote:I'll see this right after I see The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline... you got that right... never. :noway:
No one cares! \:D/

*COUGH* Anyways I love the two movies mentioned above but for some reason I'm a little iffy on this one.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

hux wrote:
Reb Tevye wrote:I'll see this right after I see The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline... you got that right... never. :noway:
No one cares! \:D/
...And we're all dying to get your opinion. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I hope it turns out well!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

So yeah, 9 IS COMING OUT THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW! :D I haven't been so excited about something since the Avatar finale!

Once I see the movie I'll be posting my review in here.
I'll see this right after I see The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline... you got that right... never.
:p What've you got against Henry Selick? FYI, no, Tim Burton did NOT direct this movie, he only produced it. Shane Acker is the brains behind all of this.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:
I'll see this right after I see The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline... you got that right... never.
:p What've you got against Henry Selick? FYI, no, Tim Burton did NOT direct this movie, he only produced it. Shane Acker is the brains behind all of this.
I don't really have anything against anyone, I'm just not a fan of horror, including animated stuff. My comment was a little rude, but I still don't have any plans to see this movie. Thanks for explaining that, and I look forward to your review of it. ;)

Kairi

Post by Kairi »

It looks interesting. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it, though. :)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
xiao

Post by xiao »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:I haven't been so excited about something since the Avatar finale!
lolz
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I liked 9! The visuals were stunning and the story was a little different. It had an awesome opening that was quiet and mysterious. But the movie was kind of ironic because it mentions evolution, yet this intelligent scientist creates these nine beings. All in all, it was still an awesome movie. I gave it 9 out of 10 stars on imdb. XD I've never seen the original short before. I'm going to watch it now. Thanks for the link.

-Robert