Fantastic Mr. Fox

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Fantastic Mr. Fox

Post by Catspaw »

I'm wondering if anybody has seen Fantastic Mr. Fox yet - it's gotten lots of good reviews, and I'm interested in seeing it. My brother and I were going to see it this coming Friday, but then I looked at the movie listings and realized it's no longer listed for the theatre I usually go to, and the two theatres it is still showing at are further away and would involve driving places I rarely go when I am the one who has to figure out the directions. ;) I just don't know if it's good enough to be worth the extra trouble. So if anybody has a personal recommendation either way, that would be great! :D Otherwise we'll probably see A Christmas Carol, but I'm not desperate to see it or anything.
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

I haven't seen it, but I want to see it. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I guess that makes two of us! We decided to stick to a closer theatre, since the one theatre still showing the movie really is out of our way. We'll pick something else to see, and hopefully see this one some other time, since it really does look good!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I'm dying to see it!!! I hardly ever go to movies, none of them are ever ones I care about, but I really want to see this one!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I've seen it, and yeah, it's a good movie; I would recommend it.

no idea what to say in terms of 'things I liked about it' though
the presentation was just generally well-put-together?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hope you get to see it, Trixie. :D

A Sonuna recommendation cannot be wrong! That sounds like a good overall comment about the movie. \:D/

EDIT/BUMP: So I finally saw the movie tonight! It was in the theatre affectionately known as "cheap seats" and I was headed really close to the theatre for something else anyway, so my brother and I saw the movie. I see what Sonuna meant by being "generally well-put-together" - it was definitely different than a lot of movies, and quite interesting and enjoyable! :D I liked how they did the chapter headings throughout the movie. There were definitely funny moments, as well as more poignant ones. I'm glad that I finally got to see it!
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

My dad was watching tv and this old guy was interviewing the director and it sounds really good.
very humorous