Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel!

I just saw it!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel!

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Today, some friends and I met at the local theater and watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel." It took forever, too, for us to get our food (I had a large bag of Sour Skittles--go figure), so we ended up sitting in the front row and laughing the whole way through. Have any of you seen it? What do you think? And is Theodore not the CUTEST CHIPMUNK EVR? I've always wanted to hug him.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*pounds head on wall*

:anxious:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I have hugged him on numerous occasions.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Hahaha. I saw we just shoot the chipmunks now. :x

....I mean that in the most non-offensive, cute and cuddly, kind way possible. >_>

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks and I didn't like it too much. I'm not gonna bother with the "squeakquel" until it comes out on instant play at Netflix. ;)

They are rather adorable though.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I WANT to see it... the actors that voice the chipmunks rock! (Jesse McCartney, Justin Long, and Matthew Gray Gubler) It sounds funny! (Even though I haven't even seen the first one... :P )

PS: instant play at Netflix? (don't necessarily count on that... like, Roku?) :P Netflix rocks though...
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Oh trust me, I'm not counting on it. ;)

Some friends of mine may buy the movie some day or something and I'll watch it then, but I wouldn't pay any money for it.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Angel wrote:Some friends of mine may buy the movie some day or something and I'll watch it then, but I wouldn't pay any money for it.
That's the way to go... \:D/
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I won't be seeing it. Reason one being: I can't get into Alvin and the Chipmunks. The high pitched voices bug me. Reason two: I did not see the first movie. If I ever decide I want to watch them, I'll buy the DVDs. I prefer buying the DVDs over going to the theaters these days.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows

The movie itself is really funny to me, although the high-pitched voices sometimes get to me, too. LOVED Alvin and the dodgeball, though.

What annoys me is when people "chipmunkify" (in reality, take the voices several pitches higher on a computer program) songs and then put them on YouTube. I mean, what's wrong with listening to the regular song? Why do we have to make it painful and irritating to listen to?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

TigerintheShadows wrote:What annoys me is when people "chipmunkify" (in reality, take the voices several pitches higher on a computer program) songs and then put them on YouTube. I mean, what's wrong with listening to the regular song? Why do we have to make it painful and irritating to listen to?
...what's wrong with that? It's a funny idea, and if you don't want to listen to them then you don't have to. ;)
Last edited by jelly on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TigerintheShadows

I don't mind it for a few songs, and it's funny if not done in excess. However, if I'm in the library where my mom works, it's not uncommon to be subjected to about an hour of only chipmunked songs. There's also the fact that the earbuds don't work on the computers there. I have to blast about two hours of normal songs into my head upon getting home to get the chipmunk voices out of my head.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I havent seen the first one, so if I ever decide i want to watch the squeakwal, I would prob watch the first one first
TigerintheShadows

You should watch the first one first. It's the one that gets the continuity started, so it's pretty much the foundation for the Squeakquel. I saw the first one--it was really good--and normally (in the case of, for example, lots of Disney movies), the sequels aren't as good as the first ones. However, this is one of the exceptions, to be honest.
AIO tumblr sideblog
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks with most of my family this past Thanksgiving. We watched it with ClearPlay, which I'm guessing took out 5-10 crude words. I had high expectations after watching the funny trailer, but was 100% disappointed. There were 3-4 things in it that were funny (pretty much the things that we in the trailer). The rest was lame or we fast-forwarded it because it was rock music & sensual dancing with the Chipmunks' background dancers. The movie had 0 plot:
The Chipmunks release an album, they get famous, they get caught by the "bad guy", they are freed.
It was lame and boring. Needless to say, I don't plan to see the Squeakquel. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Jelly wrote:*pounds head on wall*

:anxious:
LOL! I saw it and it was pretty good but i can't really compare it to the first one because i haven't seen it. :-s