G.I.JOE

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

G.I.JOE

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Has anybody seen it. I like it.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I actually saw it a few days ago. I had read that it was hated by most critics, so I didn't have very high expectations. It was better than I thought it'd be! Fun characters, good action and an interesting plot. Overall, about a B+. \:D/ The only negitives were scattered language and constant low-cut/tight outfits by girls... arrg. :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Good movie I thought but the ending was a fail! ](*,)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I thought it was just okay until the ending, myself. >_>

I was never overly into the toys or cartoon but I would have liked to see more characters that I recognized. You had the ninja dudes and a few others of course, mostly the more "main" people, but their interpretation of Cobra Commander was kind of lame, and I'd have liked to see Sgt. Slaughter and Shipqreck and funny guys like that, at least in a cameo.

I mean seriously, Sgt. Slaughter is a REAL PERSON so they should've at least given him a cameo. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:I mean seriously, Sgt. Slaughter is a REAL PERSON so they should've at least given him a cameo. ;)
Sequel plans, anyone? ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

GI Joe Is one of my favorite movies coming like 3rd after The Blind side..and something else but I can't remember what! I didn't want to see it, but some friends made me go to the theater to watch it with them.. I was shocked how much I liked it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

American Eagle wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I mean seriously, Sgt. Slaughter is a REAL PERSON so they should've at least given him a cameo. ;)
Sequel plans, anyone? ;)
We can hope. The main dude from GI Joe is going to be busy if he gets the lead in Captain America, though. >_>
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

The Top Crusader wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Sequel plans, anyone? ;)
We can hope. The main dude from GI Joe is going to be busy if he gets the lead in Captain America, though. >_>
There is a Captain America Movie coming out?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

ShadowSa1nt wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Sequel plans, anyone? ;)
There is a Captain America Movie coming out?
It is generally confirmed, but the cast hasn't been chosen, and I doubt they have a script. Joe Johnston, who made Jumanji, Jurassic Park III and some others, is directing. Assuming they get it together, it is expected to be released on July 22, 2011 as The First Avenger: Captain America (and I'm looking forward to it).

From what I read on IMDb, Chris Evans is actually rumored to be Captain America, not Channing Tatum. :-k (Just a rumor, of course.) I don't like Tatum a whole lot, so Evans sounds good for CA and Tatum for G.I. Joe: Revenge of the Bald Guys. ;)

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah they have been talking about the Cap movie ever since Marvel Studios formed in 2008 and Iron Man and Incredible Hulk came out. >_>

Iron Man 2 is in a month and a half then next year we are getting Thor pretty much for sure at this point (they are fairly far into development, I believe) and Captain America later that summer... although he was supposed to be cast by March 1st, although it should be any day now. >_>

Cap is one of my absolute favs and the fact that the film is going to be set in WWII is just totally awesome and I'm really excited! \:D/ Tatum is somewhere on the list of rumored people but yeah, last I heard Marvel basically wants Chris Evans, he just hasn't accepted it yet, since he doesn't want to play two different comic book characters or something. :( John Krasinski from the Office was basically confirmed at one point and that fell through so now I don't know what to believe until they start filming. :(

But yay... WWII + Comic book character should be a pretty good film. \:D/

Joe Johnston also did Rocketeer, which was a fairly decent WWII flick with comic booky-ness thrown in.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I know he did the Human Torch, but I heard they were rebooting the Fantastic Four series with new characters. (Probably just a rumor, but it's highly unlikely they do another sequel with him.) Hmm... I guess he's acting in both Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and The Losers (comic adaptions). If you ask me, though, both of those looks like bombs. ;)

That means Evans will be free for CA, so Tatum can do the G.I. Joe sequel! \:D/

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

...and it just came in on my secret hotline that he has accepted the role of Captain America... so cool, he was one of the best choices from the list that was floating around. \:D/

I don't think its 100% confirmed but its making the comic book news site rounds.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Apparently it is.

Not that I care, but I guess you guys do, so. =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I think G.I.JOE was AMAZING.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Random kids: "Thanks! Now we know."
G.I. Joe guy: "And knowing is half the battle." :yes:

Oh, wait... you're not talking about the 80s cartoon? :anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

The Rocketeer was a good movie i liked it
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Sam15
Gold Member

Post by Sam15 »

I really like G.I Joe its the best movie ever!!!!
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Nathan Baker wrote:I really like G.I Joe its the best movie ever!!!!
OH YEAH *high five*
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I thought it was surprisingly good. Decent, anyway. It accomplished what it set out to do and it made me want to watch the inevitable, clearly-set-up sequel.

(That said, Sherlock Holmes did a better job of both.)
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.