How to Train Your Dragon

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Trixie Belden »

So, who's gone to see it, and who's going to see it? My dad took me to see it yesterday, and I really enjoyed it! Typical hero-sacrifices-himself-for-the-good-of-the-community ending, but all in all, I liked it. I had one major complaint with it, and that was that none of the kids voices sounded accurate. All the kids sounded like 25 year olds trying to sound like 12 year olds. Also, one of the girls wears an outfit that would definitely be considered too tight.

But all in all, it had a nice plot, good animation, and it was quite heartwarming!
Sorry, you've followed a red herring. Take a closer look at your clue.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Our sister saw it just yesterday and said it was really good. We may go and see it sometime. I'd really like to.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have not seen it in the theater. From the ads that have aired for it on TV, it looks good. I am going to wait and buy it on DVD.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

My dad said we might go see it this week, so here's hoping. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

This movie was surprisingly awesome (and I am SUPER picky; hardly any movies I watch do I give good ratings to). I thought it was spectacular. The dragons were imaginatively done, the characters' voices fit them perfectly (especially Hiccup) and they had very believable features and clothes with a modern-day twist. The score was swelling and spectacular (actually I would recommend the soundtrack), the action was convincing, the shots (especially at sunset and night) were awe-inspiring, and the ending actually had a twist to it I was NOT expecting. Fluffy, mind you, but a twist that made it "not bad"...

Really, I would recommend watching it in 3-D to get its full effect. It truly is a great animation film--the best I have seen in quite a while.

And I also found it refreshing that Hiccup was not overly sarcastic towards his father. I really get tired of all those know-it-all teens in movies these days. So yes, it's a good film. Three and a half stars from my rating booth.

~Rose
Last edited by LadyMaxwell on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will probably see it when it comes out on DVD. It looks very interesting.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I WANT TO SEE IT SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Trixie Belden wrote:Typical hero-sacrifices-himself-for-the-good-of-the-community ending
Is this the ending you've just spoiled? :anxious:

I plan to see it... probably on DVD. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

We may go see it tomorrow.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I saw it again a few days ago, (I was babysitting my brother), and quite honestly, I was amazed at the different values expressed. As has already been mentioned, Hiccup is never overly disrespectful to his dad, something that isn't often seen in media lately. Hiccup is persistent and determined in becoming friends with Toothless, there isn't a great deal of violence in the film either. Overall, I would give it four out of five stars. The acting was superb, the story flowed well, and there was a great deal of moral character shown by the characters.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?