Letters to God

Seen it? Good. Haven't? Do it. Now.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

When will you see Letters to God?

I've seen it!
44%
Sometime in theaters
No votes
On DVD
25%
Probably never
31%

Total votes: 16

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Letters to God

Post by American Eagle »

So yeah... my brother and I went to see Letters to God on its opening day! \:D/ It was absolutely fantastic. In my opinion, the movie was better than Fireproof, Facing the Giants, Amazing Grace and Faith Like Potatoes, and I loved all of those movies. It's in my Top 10 movies of All-Time. \:D/ (Trailer | Wikipedia | Facebook)

Unless you religiously don't go to theaters, go see it now! You'll laugh, cry and smile to death. ;) Anyone else seen, or heard of, it?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

I went and saw it today for my birthday. We took my grandmother and she was moved to tears as well as 'my kids' (ones I babysit). I teared up towards the ending. Honestly, though I can only rate it a two and a half stars. The plot didn't flow as well as Facing the Giants or Fireproof; I found myself overly distracted by trying to piece everything together, some clips just didn't seem to fit in, and there was a lot of weepy scenes (with good reason, of course). It had a bit of a darker feel and the ending left me in confusion. The storyline of salvation wasn't that strong as in the other movie (Fireproof) and that bothered me.

But the boy's relationship with God through the letters was a pretty good concept. The actual story itself is touching.

Like I said. 2 1/2 stars from me.

~Rose
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I really want to see that movie. It looks like a good one.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I got to go to an early screening of this a month or two ago and it's really good. Probably better than most Christian films (sadly) and a really, really sweet story. Not the best acting ever but the kids actually did a pretty good job. Bailee Madison was as cute as ever! :) If you can, go see it!

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I was impressed with the trailer and so that makes me want to see the movie. It looks pretty good and sincere and like it would be worth watching.

Till the end of the line.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I just heard about this movie through my school: Apparently the director graduated from my school. Anyway, I'm sure I'll see it at some point.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

If AE says it's good, that's good enough for me! ;)
If somebody from Fireproof was directing it, that sounds better. The movie sounds real good; they won't show it here though. :(
*cries* But it seems emotional.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:If AE says it's good, that's good enough for me! ;)
If somebody from Fireproof was directing it, that sounds better. The movie sounds real good; they won't show it here though. :(
*cries* But it seems emotional.
I've heard lots of people on Facebook say they cried through the whole movie. I, however, only teared up once or twice. ;) Don't worry, though; you'll be sad because of how sweet it is, not because it's depressing. (And you'll laugh just as much!)

I guess I liked it more than you, LadyMaxwell. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

American Eagle wrote:
lol. Yeah. I can be picky about media and art but I guess that's what happens when you aspire to work in those fields...

It wasn't bad. I WOULD suggest seeing it; it's just not an instant favorite/hit for me. It was lacking something that I can't put my finger on; that irks me.

I saw a commercial for the babies movie coming out and I SO want to see that. It looks priceless. :D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

LadyMaxwell wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
lol. Yeah. I can be picky about media and art but I guess that's what happens when you aspire to work in those fields...
Well, seeing as I'm an aspiring filmmaker, it didn't have that effect on me. ;)
LadyMaxwell wrote:I saw a commercial for the babies movie coming out and I SO want to see that. It looks priceless. :D
:-s I'm trying to think of what baby movie...

LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

Hm. I didn't know that. That's awesome. 8-)
Ah well. O:) Opinons vary.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi867173401/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020938/

That baby movie.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

*thread merged*

Has anybody read the book or has seen the movie Letters to God? I have and I will tell you now it is really sad, but I still like it. It is about a boy with cancer who has a sweet personality.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've seen it twice - once on opening day in theaters, and another time when it first released on DVD. I've amazed at the different crowd responses I partook in during the two viewings. In theaters, I cried twice and laughed often, and gave the movie an A+. The second time, the people I watched it with hated it, and I didn't like it as much.

It's still a pretty good film which I recommend. B+

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I saw it a long time ago. I can't remember much, but overall, I liked it. (B)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I saw it about 2 weeks ago... it was pretty good. I like sam :P
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Hey, I just saw it like....two days ago. I didn't think it was the best, (it totally reminded me of 'Miracle of the Cards' which was a pretty good movie) but it was still pretty good. I second AE's rating.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

It also reminded me of the Miracle of the Cards!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

orangie wrote:It also reminded me of the Miracle of the Cards!
Shweet! That's an awesome movie.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I saw it a while ago. It was a really good movie. Sad but good. I would definitely recommend it to others.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I saw it this summer, and thought it was a very original and touching movie.

Till the end of the line.