The Young Victoria

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

The Young Victoria

Yes. I've seen it! It's great!
25%
Yes! I want to see it.
50%
No, I haven't seen it and don't want to.
25%
No, I have seen it and don't like it. (Period dramas...bleh)
No votes

Total votes: 8

LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

The Young Victoria

Post by LadyMaxwell »

http://www.amazon.com/Young-Victoria-Em ... TK68P32W71

So this actually looks like an interesting film with an accurate storyline and Pride and Prejudice feel. But I don't know if I should see it, though. Any recommendations from anyone? Should I see it; not see it?

Comments and Suggestions are welcomed!

~Rose
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, Plugged In Online loved it, so it must be good. :o

*cough* Having said that, I saw the preview and REALLY want to see it... However, I won't until it comes out on DVD. *grumbles*
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

I think it's coming out on April 20, 2010 according to Amazon. With that said, I suppose it's not that much longer until it is available on DVD!! Yaya. Hopefully it will go to the red box so I can rent it the college kid way. haha. Reasonable price. ;)

~Rose
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I'm planning to see it with my friend next Saturday. She's coming over to my house, and I'll rent it. Personally, I am SO excited to see it! I love princess stuff, (just NOT Princess Diaries), and this looks a lot better than most. And a HUGE plus, Paul Bettany is in it! As my all time favorite actor, (and one my friend says I have a crush on, but I don't), I'm excited to see him in a soldier's uniform..... :p

I'm really not all that hopeless. Really.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Soon, I am going to rent the movie to watch!! I really want to watch it, I love movies with beautiful costumes & royal families in it!!
*insert provocative quote here*
alma_b
Gold Member

Post by alma_b »

you should ttlly see it . It's beautiful . . . xo . :)
do you . ? do you really . ? why . ?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I saw it on Saturday, and it was truly gorgeous. Since Victoria wasn't supposed to be real pretty, they made Emily Blunt not drop dead beautiful, but just right. And the costumes! They won an Oscar award, and it was earned! All the costumes were amazingly historically accurate.

Cons: There was one very awkward scene in Victoria and Albert's bedroom after they get married. There's nothing major, but they do kiss in bed several times, which kinda ruined the movie for me.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I enjoyed the film - it wasn't anything utterly fascinating but it was a good drama that fit pretty accurately into the typical historical drama/BBC series fare.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Trixie Belden wrote:Cons: There was one very awkward scene in Victoria and Albert's bedroom after they get married. There's nothing major, but they do kiss in bed several times, which kinda ruined the movie for me.
.....That's like, nothing compared to what it could be. >_> And the characters are married... they kinda have a right...

I'm still patiently waiting for 40 people in the library to watch it before I can. :( The good thing is, they can only have the movie three days, but still...
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:
Trixie Belden wrote:Cons: There was one very awkward scene in Victoria and Albert's bedroom after they get married. There's nothing major, but they do kiss in bed several times, which kinda ruined the movie for me.
.....That's like, nothing compared to what it could be. >_> And the characters are married... they kinda have a right...
That doesn't mean we have the "right" to watch it... ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

American Eagle wrote:
Termite wrote:
That doesn't mean we have the "right" to watch it... ;)
Then we don't have a right to see couples kiss at their wedding either then, hm?
Love you always, SnC
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

well, no because weddings are public, but seeing them in bed is definitely not public.

Till the end of the line.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I agree. It's the only thing that pushes the movie into a PG rating, and it definitely is pushing it a little bit. And they're laying ALL OVER each other! And it's quite private, and not something that needed to really be there. It's their business, not ours.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

When I first heard about it, I just knew that I wanted to see it. I am trying to get my mom to get it so we can watch it together. She will get it eventually...
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

If you go to pluggedinonline.com you can read the review about it. That's how myself & my parents decided it would be okay to watch. I can't wait to see it, I'm so excited!!
*insert provocative quote here*
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've been looking at the subject title for this thread and wondering what is was about for quite awhile (as I hadn't 't heard of the movie before). I finally guessed it was some movie or TV show about Queen Victoria, and I was right! \:D/

I watched the trailer, and it definitely looks like a movie I would enjoy -- that whole "lavish period film" thing. :p I did notice the Pride and Prejudice vibe, but the fact that they used the same music in the trailer for this movie as they did in the trailer for the 2005 P&P may have had something to do with it.
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

I saw it in theaters shortly after it came out. It is a very cute movie, quite a nice period drama and very instructional, I didn't know anything about Queen Victoria before I went ;)
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn