Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I hate to bump this post after so long, but I have some 24-related information that definitely stinks. Apparently, this coming season has been postponed indefinitely because of a writers' strike. Read more about this unfortunate event here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309397,00.html

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Heh, everything except like... South Park and reality shows... are on hold to some degree until they get things ironed out. :(
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I just heard more info about the strike. Apparently, the last time a writer's strike of this magnitude happened was in 1988 and that lasted for 22 weeks.

Let's hope it ends quicker this time :pray: .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I saw 24 action figures.They didnt look all that great.and they made lego 24 action figures.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

*thread merged*

So who here is a fan of 24? It is one of my favorite shows ever I mean Jack Bauer is off the chain so is Tony and Chloe and Edgar (may he Rest in peace :( ) and Curtis (what a dumb way to go out) *rambles off several more names*

So this Season might not be my favorite but I like it so far. I know its kind of 14 as well but who is interested in it?
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I heard my cousin talking about it... But she said it was meant for people a bit older than fourteen... It sounded somewhat interesting, but I don't watch anything else on TV aside from my beautiful football! \:D/
(note: When Termite says "football" she means "soccer")
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Termite wrote:I heard my cousin talking about it... But she said it was meant for people a bit older than fourteen... It sounded somewhat interesting, but I don't watch anything else on TV aside from my beautiful football! \:D/
(note: When Termite says "football" she means "soccer")
Heh heh I've been watching it since I was a little younger then 14. My mom loved it, she got me hooked then I got hooked more then her and now I am obsessed.

I guess its one's perspective I guess the whole viewer discretion thing that runs at the beginning of the show is why many people on this site might not have seen it :(

However I still love the show I keep on remembering all this stuff Jack Bauer yells at his victims err, enemies :anxious: that has been a trademark of parodies.

Like WHERE'S THE BOMB!!!

That's the only thing I can think of that doesn't include his well known and well used favorite word. But putting all that aside I really like the characters, storylines, drama ect ect
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am way behind on 24. ;)

I only recently got into it, and started from the beginning (via DVD), so I have seen the first two seasons and really enjoyed them! \:D/
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Yeah you might see some major changes but trust me starting from the beginning is exactly the right choice. I did that last summer cause I got hooked around season 4 or 5.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I only watched part of that special 2 hour showing a couple months back. My dad loves that show. In fact, it's the only show he actually watches and that's saying something.
I do what I do.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

GlennAdams wrote:I only watched part of that special 2 hour showing a couple months back. My dad loves that show. In fact, it's the only show he actually watches and that's saying something.
Heh that's the only show I really watch too I just quit on Heroes its so :sick: to me nowadays.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I've never seen an episode, but it definitely looks interesting.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Haha, so I watched the 2 hour thing with my friend, and when it was over, they were showing the next season preview. I was sort of kind of watching it and not really paying attention, and then all of the sudden, my friend jumps off the couch and starts screaming, "I KNEW IT! TONY'S BACK! I KNEW IT!". Yeah, that show pretty much makes you crazy. It's the kind of show that has you yelling at the tv, either about how awesome Jack is, or how stupid and/or evil everybody else is. :D
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Jugglah wrote:Haha, so I watched the 2 hour thing with my friend, and when it was over, they were showing the next season preview. I was sort of kind of watching it and not really paying attention, and then all of the sudden, my friend jumps off the couch and starts screaming, "I KNEW IT! TONY'S BACK! I KNEW IT!". Yeah, that show pretty much makes you crazy. It's the kind of show that has you yelling at the tv, either about how awesome Jack is, or how stupid and/or evil everybody else is. :D
Oh man that is exactly what I did. When Tony died I threw something at the t.v. I swear I kinda emberassed myself cause my friends were over lol

Then when Tony came back I nearly said the same thing your friend said. Tony will never die NEVER!!!!
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I love love love 24! i started watching last year :( but im caught up on all the seasons... i rented them all. my whole family watching every monday.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Rio wrote:I love love love 24! i started watching last year :( but im caught up on all the seasons... i rented them all. my whole family watching every monday.
Cool! What's your favorite season and character?

I think Almeida is liked a little more then Bauer lol
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Q wrote:
Rio wrote:I love love love 24! i started watching last year :( but im caught up on all the seasons... i rented them all. my whole family watching every monday.

Haha, you think?!
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Jugglah wrote:
Q wrote:

Haha, you think?!
Oh my goodness all the parodies of him are spot on.

Actually I think everyone likes Tony for his accent and affinity towards saying
yeah
all the time[/quote]
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i started re watching the first season again this weekend.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

My parents introduced my little sister and I to 24 this season. I've enjoyed quite a bit of it.
So, I just watched tonight's episode.
Warning: Spoilers!!! wrote:Tony is evil? O_o Boy, I didn't see that coming. I'm glad that there is something more than Jonas Hodges behind all of this. *feels a little bad for Larry even though most of the time he annoyed me* As soon as the chopper was fired on, I knew he wasn't going to make it. Kim didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would. Sure hope she tries to help find the cure even though Jack was so stubborn about her not helping.
The President really needs to stop channeling some talk show psychologist. I liked her at first, but now...I think getting captured by Juma made her lose some of her intelligence.

Next week looks interesting, to say the least. Sure hope Renee makes it. (And doesn't captured by Tony/random bad guy, blown up or something equally lovely like that.) She was getting on my nerves in the past few episodes, but last episode and this episode she stopped being so melodramatic. Looks like Jonas will escape custody. Yay. Just what we need. /endsarcasm. Well, looks like next week will once again be exciting.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*