Post Post subject: 24
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:28 am 
SS Random
SS Random
The secret to being a saint...

Cash: 0.15
Bank: 0.00
*threads merged*

I just finished watching the first and second seasons!
Awesome show.
Anybody else watched it?

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: 24
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:24 am 
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Old... but not obsolete.

Highscores: 1

Cash: 9,999,999,994,415,304.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Blog: View Blog (1)
I love 24, I'm only on season 5 now, though... \:D/

I'm bored today so come ask me questions here as the topic suggests.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:37 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!
SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Cash: 121.94
Blog: View Blog (4)
I've seen season 7, which I liked, and am now watching (sorta) Season 8...but it's really really lame. :(

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 am 
The Council is GREAT!
say waddup saints!?!

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I watched all of season 1 and most of season 2 this past winter break. I'm a huge fan of Jack Bauer. =] I watched the first 4 episodes of this season but think I will just wait until the seasons over so I can watch them all in rapid succession. =]

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:12 am 
I got this...

Cash: 57.24
Blog: View Blog (4)
No . I guess I'll give it a shot if you people say it's good .

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:46 pm 
Isaiah 6

Cash: 147.87
Bank: 1,649.48
I have watched seasons 1-7 with the exception of 2, which I am watching right now. My favorite was 3, but all of them were pretty good, getting progressively worse after season 4.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 pm 
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Cash: 16.58
Bank: 1,653.48
My parents & my brothers LOVE it & have watched every season. I don't like it. Boooooooo....
But, now that the show has ended, & there will be no more new seasons...NO MORE LOUD & ANNOYING BOMBS & CAR CRASHES WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!!! \:D/

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:17 am 
Isaiah 6

Cash: 147.87
Bank: 1,649.48
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
My parents & my brothers LOVE it & have watched every season. I don't like it. Boooooooo....
But, now that the show has ended, & there will be no more new seasons...NO MORE LOUD & ANNOYING BOMBS & CAR CRASHES WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!!! \:D/

Blasphemy! ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 am 
A Beautiful Gem
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
My father loves it. I think it's his favorite show in the world. My mom use to like it, but she doesn't anymore. It's okay for me.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
it's not if you fall down, it's the picking yourself back up and trying again - lbug

Cash: 18.74
Bank: 539.35
jack bauer is a personal hero of mine.. if i could be like him i would.

he does what it takes to get the bad guy hes a sorta anti hero... i suppose.

i like the things in 24 i shouldnt like the knee capping and the ways well.. never mind.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 682.12
Bank: 55,000.00
Is anyone here excited that there’s going to be a new season?

I’m really surprised I haven’t seen much buzz about it. As I recall this was a huge show when it was on and people were extremely upset when it ended. They hoped for years it would come back, but it seemed to definitely be over. Then came word that after all this time it was actually returning, an announcement I expected to shake the television world, but I’ve hardly seen any reaction at all.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:11 pm 
Random sister
Random sister
figuring out life: one dream at a time

Cash: 1,369.33
Blog: View Blog (13)
bookworm wrote:
Is anyone here excited that there’s going to be a new season?

I’m really surprised I haven’t seen much buzz about it. As I recall this was a huge show when it was on and people were extremely upset when it ended. They hoped for years it would come back, but it seemed to definitely be over. Then came word that after all this time it was actually returning, an announcement I expected to shake the television world, but I’ve hardly seen any reaction at all.

I think it did shake the world when it was first announced, and the first trailers started to air, but now that there have been a lot more trailers, maybe people are more impatient for it to hurry up and start instead of putting out all these extra TV spots, etc.

I definitely like this show, and I'm curious to see what it will be like this time around. Part of me saw maybe it was time to end, but who knows maybe this will restore the doubters' faith

Till the end of the line.

Last edited by Shennifer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:21 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

I’ve meant to check out the original series for years, a bunch of my friends were crazy about it and kept telling me I had to watch it because I would love it too, but I never got around to it for whatever reason. I’m finally doing it now because I do want to watch the new series when it comes.

On a superficially related note: I know someone named Jack Bauer \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21 pm 
Random sister
Random sister

bookworm wrote:
I’ve meant to check out the original series for years, a bunch of my friends were crazy about it and kept telling me I had to watch it because I would love it too, but I never got around to it for whatever reason. I’m finally doing it now because I do want to watch the new series when it comes.

On a superficially related note: I know someone named Jack Bauer \:D/

That's awesome. Are you sure they're not a government agent? lol

I rewatched some of it last summer with my sister and her boyfriend (who had seen all of it before, like me.) it was fun to have something to discuss

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:23 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

I finished season one. I liked it overall, but there were a few particular things I had problems with.
Janet's dad being fake was too predictable. The way they kept reminding us that Jack didn't trust him, it made the twist expected instead of surprising. They should have left it entirely to the viewer, then if they suspected it fine, but it wasn't spelled out for them.
Same sort of thing with Tony. The way he seemed shady from the beginning made me pretty sure he wasn't really the traitor.
Nina on the other hand I never saw coming. But that was because there were no hints on that one way or the other, it was just dropped in.

I found it unrealistic that no one showed hardly any signs of being tired through any of this ordeal. Maybe the adrenaline of the situation kept them focused, but they still would have been at least drowsy from time to time, because remember that this started at midnight meaning they were still awake from the previous day. So by the end of this they had been awake for at least 36 hours straight.

It took me a long time to understand the assassination plot in relation to the photographer. I thought the photographer was the assassin all along, which made me really confused why they would blow up the plane to kill him and then switch one of their guys in. I finally realized that the original photographer was actually legit and they killed him to switch their guy, the assassin, in and that was the plan all along. But that makes me wonder why they didn't just pose their guy as a photographer from the beginning. Then they wouldn't have had to go through all the trouble of killing the original and all the plastic surgery to assume his identity. I suppose they needed someone with a reputation to secure the presidential event, but still it seems more elaborate than was necessary. And I never understood what happened to the fake photographer after the first assassination attempt failed; he just disappeared and was never thought of again.

I got the impression that a lot of what happened was done out of necessity for the format over necessity for the story. Like they needed to stick extra stuff in to make the real time events fit together. It ended up giving the storyline some skepticism, having so many major things breaking all at once.
Like, would all the stuff with Palmer's son really happen to happen at the same time as this? I guess maybe, because they wanted it to come out at the primary, but it seems like a stretch that everything would come to a head at once, especially since it turned out the assassination wasn't political after all it was for the anniversary of that raid, and that arbitrary date just happened to coincide with the primary.
And then the extra drama of the random amnesia incident, that really seemed like desperation in dragging out the Teri and Kim story because they were running out of ways to keep them involved in the events yet not involved with Jack because he was off on his own thing.

And man, talk about your abrupt endings! That's just terrible. Both what happened, and that it just ends on that.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm 
Random sister
Random sister

Ah, season 1. Such humble beginnings.

I never saw Nina coming either. Also, I forget what episode but I remember legitimately thinking that Jack had shot Nina and that she was dead. At that point I thought she was dead for a minute.
My sis says (and I kinda agree with her) that if Nina hadn't told Jack that his daughter was dead, then he wouldn't have gone after the bad guys. There was no guarantee that Jack would die and not find out about Nina's deception. That kinda tipped off Jack that something was wrong.

You do have a point, bookworm, about all the events coming to a head at the same time. I think they were trying to keep the story interesting and try to not have too many boring moments. Though in my opinion if no action is happening, it doesn't have to be boring, just give us characters interacting.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:31 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Oh yeah, I forgot about that moment somehow. (So much happened in here.) I also thought he shot her for real.

No he wouldn’t have, and that was the point. She needed him to go in there so they could finish him off, that’s why she told him that, knowing it would send him after them. And you’re right, that was what tipped him off once he found out the truth about Kim, which is why when she told the guys she would get him to go after them they had to be sure to kill him, since if he survived he would instantly know she lied and her cover would be blown.

I agree, it doesn’t have to be nonstop action to stay interesting. It really depends on the story they choose to tell though in a format like this. Once they set off on something they are fully committed, since the entire season shows nothing else. It’s not like a regular show where you can follow a story along for a while, then change to something completely different.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:41 pm 
Random sister
Random sister

I guess Nina was confident in their abilities to kill one man. Still, I'm not sure I would've risked a scenario where my cover could be blown because it's too close. But of course, we all know he's the main character and wouldn't actually die

Offline Profile Facebook  

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:47 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

What 24 may have looked like if it had been made just seven years earlier:

How technology changes.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:36 pm 
Random sister
Random sister

hahaha that was great. All those old computers, Windows, AOL chat rooms. I love collegehumor

\:D/

Offline Profile Facebook  

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next