Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Since I'm watching it right now, I won't read Kairi's post yet. :noway:

But anyway, yes, I've been following this season. Not entirely sure what I think yet. :-k

EDIT: Yeah, didn't like what ... did. ](*,)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My dad loves that show.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Kairi wrote:My parents introduced my little sister and I to 24 this season. I've enjoyed quite a bit of it.
So, I just watched tonight's episode.
Warning: Spoilers!!! wrote:Tony is evil? O_o Boy, I didn't see that coming. I'm glad that there is something more than Jonas Hodges behind all of this. *feels a little bad for Larry even though most of the time he annoyed me* As soon as the chopper was fired on, I knew he wasn't going to make it. Kim didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would. Sure hope she tries to help find the cure even though Jack was so stubborn about her not helping.
The President really needs to stop channeling some talk show psychologist. I liked her at first, but now...I think getting captured by Juma made her lose some of her intelligence.

Next week looks interesting, to say the least. Sure hope Renee makes it. (And doesn't captured by Tony/random bad guy, blown up or something equally lovely like that.) She was getting on my nerves in the past few episodes, but last episode and this episode she stopped being so melodramatic. Looks like Jonas will escape custody. Yay. Just what we need. /endsarcasm. Well, looks like next week will once again be exciting.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :insane: :x :x ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :insane:

I'm soooo angry I love that guy!!!! :insane:

Why did they have to do that?

Oh and Kairi every FBI members gets on my nerves. Janis is a Chloe wanna be , Larry is the typical guy that gets in Jack's way though he did grow on me in the recent episodes. Renee is ok but she just ticks me off.

Edit:

I love Olivia! I can't mention what she did because of this site but she is so smart. She's one of my favorite female characters man...

Raise your hand if you like Olivia! :D
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

24 is the my favorite show. I wonder has anyone sued them because they watched it all night and then trashed their car or something?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I used to watch the show. I watched more than half of this past season, then God convicted me of something. What am I doing watching it? What good is it doing me? Here is a brief synopsis of the show:
  1. Cut someone's head off (and show it onscreen)
  2. Swear about it
  3. Show a man and a woman in a VERY bad scene
  4. Her slice his hands off
  5. Him use God's Holy Name in vain
Why should I watch it? A quick thrill? I think not.

To watch a movie that is bad, while shielding your eyes to bad scenes, is one thing. But to watch the same garbage, week after week, is something my conscience can't tolerate. Maybe others' can. :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

American Eagle wrote:I used to watch the show. I watched more than half of this past season, then God convicted me of something. What am I doing watching it? What good is it doing me? Here is a brief synopsis of the show:
  2. Swear about it

To watch a movie that is bad, while shielding your eyes to bad scenes, is one thing. But to watch the same garbage, week after week, is something my conscience can't tolerate. Maybe others' can. :)
Ok I had to literally laugh at that post for five minutes before I realized that I could have been insulted if it were a different forum.

I don't watch it for a quick thrill if that is what your implying. Those actions are not a synopsis of the show. They are actually just actions that went on during the show.

Here is what a synopsis is in case you didn't know:
a brief summary of the plot of a novel, motion picture, play, etc.
That pretty much means that you have to give me an idea of what the t.v. show is about. And it is much more than the violence than you bothered to describe. There's an actual good plot ect ect

I apologize that you feel you can't handle some of the more graphic scene s in there. It may not be for you. But I suggest that you refrain from implying that people watch it for a quick thrill.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Johnathan wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I used to watch the show. I watched more than half of this past season, then God convicted me of something. What am I doing watching it? What good is it doing me? Here is a brief synopsis of the show:
  2. Swear about it

Ok I had to literally laugh at that post for five minutes before I realized that I could have been insulted if it were a different forum.

I don't watch it for a quick thrill if that is what your implying. Those actions are not a synopsis of the show. They are actually just actions that went on during the show.

Here is what a synopsis is in case you didn't know:
a brief summary of the plot of a novel, motion picture, play, etc.
That pretty much means that you have to give me an idea of what the t.v. show is about. And it is much more than the violence than you bothered to describe. There's an actual good plot ect ect

I apologize that you feel you can't handle some of the more graphic scene s in there. It may not be for you.
LOL! I can't handle the violence? No... I totally can, but like I said, God convicted me that is was a waste of time and I shouldn't be watching it.
Knight Johnathan wrote:But I suggest that you refrain from implying that people watch it for a quick thrill.
Alright, then why do you watch it?

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Ok let's get one thing straight. Very few people watch t.v. shows or movies for some quick thrill.

I watched it because the plot was interesting and it drew me in. That simple.

And yes, the action scenes are amazing and awesome but that isn't why I watch it.

Ok good for you if you can handle the violence. You don't have to come preach to me about watching things for the quick thrill. Especially since this thread isn't about the quick thrill. Its about how interesting the tv show is, none of us were talking about how awesome it was to see some guy's hand chopped off.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Johnathan wrote:Ok let's get one thing straight. Very few people watch t.v. shows or movies for some quick thrill.

And yes, the action scenes are amazing and awesome but that isn't why I watch it.

Ok good for you if you can handle the violence. You don't have to come preach to me about watching things for the quick thrill. Especially since this thread isn't about the quick thrill. Its about how interesting the tv show is, none of us were talking about how awesome it was to see some guy's hand chopped off.
So... you don't watch it because it is thrilling... you watch it because the plot is interesting? Don't beat around the bush. The show is a "thriller", and so is the plot. The reason why you like the plot is because it is a thrill-ride, and so did I.

But you missed my point. Why "why would you watch it?", I was asking what good will it do for you? Do you think God likes we are "thrilled" at sin (or, we think sinfulness is interesting)? Answer honestly, please.

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

American Eagle wrote:
Knight Johnathan wrote:Ok let's get one thing straight. Very few people watch t.v. shows or movies for some quick thrill.

So... you don't watch it because it is thrilling... you watch it because the plot is interesting? Don't beat around the bush. The show is a "thriller", and so is the plot. The reason why you like the plot is because it is a thrill-ride, and so did I.

But you missed my point. Why "why would you watch it?", I was asking what good will it do for you? Do you think God likes we are "thrilled" at sin (or, we think sinfulness is interesting)? Answer honestly, please.
Ok. By thrill you probably meant because of the action scene.

24 has as much drama in it as thrill. Maybe more so. Take it from a guy who's seen every episode in every season. And I am not beating around the bush. And don't think about telling me why I like to watch something, because your dead wrong. As stated earlier I appreciate the show because of its plot. Yes I like the thrill and all that jazz. I also happen to like the plot.

And I honestly don't get it AE. Are you trying to make me feel guilty or prove something to me? I never said it did any good for me and subjecting me to this questioning about God being pleased isn't going to make me feel anything other than irritating that your trying to force me to admit what you want to hear.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Johnathan wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

Ok. By thrill you probably meant because of the action scene.

24 has as much drama in it as thrill. Maybe more so. Take it from a guy who's seen every episode in every season. And I am not beating around the bush. And don't think about telling me why I like to watch something, because your dead wrong. As stated earlier I appreciate the show because of its plot. Yes I like the thrill and all that jazz. I also happen to like the plot.

And I honestly don't get it AE. Are you trying to make me feel guilty or prove something to me? I never said it did any good for me and subjecting me to this questioning about God being pleased isn't going to make me feel anything other than irritating that your trying to force me to admit what you want to hear.
Err... I sort of understand what you're saying. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty or anything. I just want you to examine yourself, and your motives for watching the show, like I had to. I was exactly where you are at. But, God showed me the selfish motives I had, and that the show wasn't pleasing to God in any way. You don't have to answer on this thread, but think about it.

That's all I'm askin'. \:D/

Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

I watch 24 because of Jack Stinkin Bauer...who still checks under his bed for Chuck Norris....lol
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

*threads merged*

I just finished watching the first and second seasons!
Awesome show.
Anybody else watched it?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I love 24, I'm only on season 5 now, though... \:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I've seen season 7, which I liked, and am now watching (sorta) Season 8...but it's really really lame. :(
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I watched all of season 1 and most of season 2 this past winter break. I'm a huge fan of Jack Bauer. =] I watched the first 4 episodes of this season but think I will just wait until the seasons over so I can watch them all in rapid succession. =]
I do what I do.
alma_b
Gold Member

Post by alma_b »

No . I guess I'll give it a shot if you people say it's good .
do you . ? do you really . ? why . ?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I have watched seasons 1-7 with the exception of 2, which I am watching right now. My favorite was 3, but all of them were pretty good, getting progressively worse after season 4.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

My parents & my brothers LOVE it & have watched every season. I don't like it. Boooooooo....
But, now that the show has ended, & there will be no more new seasons...NO MORE LOUD & ANNOYING BOMBS & CAR CRASHES WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!!! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:My parents & my brothers LOVE it & have watched every season. I don't like it. Boooooooo....
But, now that the show has ended, & there will be no more new seasons...NO MORE LOUD & ANNOYING BOMBS & CAR CRASHES WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!!! \:D/
Blasphemy! ;)