Despicable Me

"IT'S SO FLUFFY!"

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Despicable Me

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Has anybody seen it? I finally got to see it last night! It was great!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I never have. to me it doesen't seem very good.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

It was awesome!!!! You should see it!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I've been meaning to put a hold on it at the library, but have been too lazy to do so yet. :anxious:

EDIT: *blinks* I... take it back. It's already 'on request'. O.o I didn't do it...
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

takeitfromthetop wrote:I never have. to me it doesen't seem very good.
It really is. Good, that is. Actually, it's one of my favorites -- there's a lot I could say about it, but I can at least assure you that it's very funny.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I bought it on DVD when it came out, but have not watched it yet.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Watched this today! \:D/ It was pretty much what the trailers sold it as. Funny, charming, exciting — and that's about it. The plot wasn't all that special. If you've watched the trailer, you've pretty much seen the movie. The characters very fairly good (namely, Gru, Agnes and the Minions), but the ending was cliché.
Funniest lines:
"Oh you know dogs... they go where they want! ... Not if they're dead."
"I went to kindergarten, I know how the alphabet works!"
The roller coaster scene was awesome as well. My sisters were literally jumping around screaming.

B plus
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I want to. I have seen the mini-movies though. Those were funny. \:D/
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

A funny line:

*Minon punches another minon and the other minon punches back the other minons* "Fight (4x)"
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I haven't seen it, but I want to.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I <3 <3 <3 <3 That movie!!! :D I've seen it twice. Once in theater (in 3d) and once after my sister got it on dvd. I <3 it!! :D \:D/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Far from being my favorite computer animated movie (Toy Story 3 takes it by a long shot). But its none less incredibly funny and gets the job done. I enjoyed it as so did my friend who is incredibly picky on movies.
AIOluver wrote:A funny line:

*Minon punches another minon and the other minon punches back the other minons* "Fight (4x)"
I also like the part when the lady at the adoption place said: "Well, Debbie was a very lucky woman."
Gru: "Who's Debbie?
"Your wife."

Oh and
Gru: "Your dog has been leaving bombs in my yard."
Neighbor: "Oh you know dogs... they go where they want!"
Gru: "Not if they're dead."
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

So I watched this a couple days ago. Predictable, but funny. I love the minions. \:D/

I wish I could remember more of the funny lines, but I watched it at 5:00 or so in the morning. :p
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

No offense, but I get kind of annoyed when people talk about movies being predictable. For one, that's too general of a term; for another, kids movies aren't about surprising you or keeping you on the edge of your seat, they're about making you laugh and smile.

How was Despicable Me predictable? The good guy won in the end. LOTR? Same. Practically every other movie (except Knowing)? Same.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

....It was predictable cause you KNEW what was going to happen. :- But it's the angst of getting to the end what gets me. :-

I LOVED IT! GRUUUUUUUU! :inlove:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

ric wrote:No offense, but I get kind of annoyed when people talk about movies being predictable. For one, that's too general of a term; for another, kids movies aren't about surprising you or keeping you on the edge of your seat, they're about making you laugh and smile.

How was Despicable Me predictable? The good guy won in the end. LOTR? Same. Practically every other movie (except Knowing)? Same.
Well the thing is, this movie is predictable. Predictable in a sense that he starts out as some evil villain and turns good as soon as he starts to bond with the three girls. We've seen this done many times in movies. However, even if this movie was predictable I believe that a good movie is a movie that does its job right.

I agree that judging a movie because its predictable is pretty dumb on some cases, for example, my friend said he didn't like Passion of the Christ because the ending was so "predictable". Well duh!!! What is Jesus miraculously suppose to get a Gatling gun out at the last minute and shoot all the Romans nailing him up on the cross? Of course we know Jesus is going to get tortured and die on the cross for out sins and then resurrect to go to Heaven. But the main focus on the movie handles the plot and how it portrays it. In which Passion of the Christ does that to some greatness (though the excessive blood can be questionable).

As for Despicable me,this movie is an animated family comedy film and it just does that. It makes people laugh, animation is nice and fluid; the background is as detail and clean as a background should be; and it has great jokes for people of any age to laugh.

Well end of rant. :lol:

Also I really love the part where one of the minions use the other minion as a glow stick to see in the dark. That was pretty creative.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

^^Yeah, what he said. ;)
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

gunblader3 wrote:
ric wrote:No offense, but I get kind of annoyed when people talk about movies being predictable. For one, that's too general of a term; for another, kids movies aren't about surprising you or keeping you on the edge of your seat, they're about making you laugh and smile.

Well the thing is, this movie is predictable. Predictable in a sense that he starts out as some evil villain and turns good as soon as he starts to bond with the three girls. We've seen this done many times in movies. However, even if this movie was predictable I believe that a good movie is a movie that does its job right.

I agree that judging a movie because its predictable is pretty dumb on some cases, for example, my friend said he didn't like Passion of the Christ because the ending was so "predictable". Well duh!!! What is Jesus miraculously suppose to get a Gatling gun out at the last minute and shoot all the Romans nailing him up on the cross? Of course we know Jesus is going to get tortured and die on the cross for out sins and then resurrect to go to Heaven. But the main focus on the movie handles the plot and how it portrays it. In which Passion of the Christ does that to some greatness (though the excessive blood can be questionable).

As for Despicable me,this movie is an animated family comedy film and it just does that. It makes people laugh, animation is nice and fluid; the background is as detail and clean as a background should be; and it has great jokes for people of any age to laugh.

Well end of rant. :lol:

Also I really love the part where one of the minions use the other minion as a glow stick to see in the dark. That was pretty creative.
Very well said gunblader3! \:D/
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.