Ice Age: Continental Drift

Coming in 2012. Watch the teaser!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Are you looking forward to Ice Age: Continental Drift?

Yes!
25%
Ehh... maybe.
6%
Not. At. All.
69%

Total votes: 16

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Ice Age: Continental Drift

Post by American Eagle »

Watch the teaser trailer/short film. \:D/

What do you think?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

nooo please let it die. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Okay, 5 is just waaay too much. ](*,)
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

I thought there were only four. But yeah, this- is overkill. ](*,)
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

yeah there is 4. ( now ) COME ON! we do not NEED this! they should have stopped at the first one.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm sensing a hint of groupthink going on here... :-

Six Star Wars movies?! They obviously should've stopped after the first one. Star Trek, James Bond, Godzilla... all had way too many movies. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:I'm sensing a hint of groupthink going on here... :-

Six Star Wars movies?! They obviously should've stopped after the first one. Star Trek, James Bond, Godzilla... all had way too many movies. :(
Not Star Wars. Star Wars continues a plot. Is there a continuing plot in Ice Age?
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Naw, Star Wars could go on a long while, because there are so many sides, species, and background stories to be told.

Star Trek they could have held out on a little bit, James Bond I don't know.

But Ice Age? I think the continuing plot is "live through the disaster until you get roasted on a spit".
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Well, James Bond was based on a series of novels, which were themselves planned to be a series to begin with. (I don't recommend them, by the way.) The Star Trek movies were based on a TV show with an established cast... and, well, that still makes ten of them (split between two shows) a pretty tall order.

I haven't seen beyond the first Ice Age, but I heard bad things about the sequel and figured it wasn't worth following after that. Not having seen it... well, based on the reaction I'm hearing, this does sound like overkill.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Ice Age = a decent movie. When an animation is successful like that, might as well kill it by adding a gazillion sequels. ;) Thing is, they MUST be making a decent amount of money from these things.

Personally, I'd rather just watch them for Scrat. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Scion's light wrote:Naw, Star Wars could go on a long while, because there are so many sides, species, and background stories to be told.
No, the whole Star Wars plot is defeating Lord Sidious. When that plot finishes, the series is over.
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

I said could, because of all the novel series there are. I didn't say should. :P
ImageImageImage

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Wait...yet another one. Overkill. I watched the first and second, then heard about the third and decently remembered the fourth. I think they should have stopped long ago, and I don't care for them anyways.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

*facepalm* Okay seriously... a fifth one? The original is one of my all time favorite movies, but when I saw the 2nd one, I knew I wouldn't be watching it again, and I haven't watched the 3rd and 4th ones. And I don't plan to either. In the case of this series, I'm saying that 5 films is overkill.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sometimes sequels are better than others. I really liked the first one, and I saw the third one in theatres because it was the only thing good (i.e appropriate and nobody was against seeing it) playing when I was with a couple of friends and we wanted to see a movie. The third one was fun, but hardly the theatrical release of the year. ;) Needless to say, I might see this one eventually, but I won't be going out of my way to see it. If they have a good story, then it could be worthwhile.
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Catspaw wrote:Sometimes sequels are better than others. I really liked the first one, and I saw the third one in theatres because it was the only thing good (i.e appropriate and nobody was against seeing it) playing when I was with a couple of friends and we wanted to see a movie. The third one was fun, but hardly the theatrical release of the year. ;) Needless to say, I might see this one eventually, but I won't be going out of my way to see it. If they have a good story, then it could be worthwhile.
I have to admit, I agree with you completely.
ImageImageImage

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've only seen the first one, but I remember it being pretty good. I may see the second one...but beyond that, I think it's seriously overkill.

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

ric wrote:
Scion's light wrote:Naw, Star Wars could go on a long while, because there are so many sides, species, and background stories to be told.
No, the whole Star Wars plot is defeating Lord Sidious. When that plot finishes, the series is over.
Neither your premise nor conclusion are accurate. But I don’t think this is the place to discuss that.

I've only seen the first Ice Age movie. I thought it was OKay. But I heard after that they got a bit... 'vulgarish' so I didn't make an effort to follow the rest.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have no interest in it. Ray Romano annoys me to no end.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

American Eagle wrote:Six Star Wars movies?! They obviously should've stopped after the first one.
:O Don't pick on the best movie series in the world. :x
*insert provocative quote here*