True Grit

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

True Grit

Post by Shennifer »

I just saw this movie tonight, so let's discuss it those who have seen or want to see it. :)

I thought was a very good movie; determination, humor, and a great story all rolled into one. I would definitely see it again and buy it on DVD.

Thoughts?

Till the end of the line.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I didn't like it too much. I'm not a big fan of many westerns to begin with, so I'm a little biased, but aspects of the movie bugged me. Some parts seemed kind of slow, and while there were some good aspects like the determination of the girl, I didn't majorly like the other characters. And I really didn't like the end. It seemed that they did this huge build-up to the ending, then the movie just dropped off. I felt like they tried to do a big ending, then realized they didn't have time to do it, so they just did a quick ending to get it done, instead of taking the time to neatly wrap it up.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I've haven't seen the new one but I have seen the older one with John Wayne.
That one was good but the girl just really bothered me with her attitude that the whole world should stop because her father's killer needed to be found.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

My best friend saw it and he said it was really good.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I really should see it. I haven't yet.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Truly marvelous movie, so good I even pre-ordered the dvd just for the heck of it on amazon.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I really wanna see it. The original was a great movie.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

ric wrote:I really wanna see it. The original was a great movie.
I liked the original too; I want to see it again though, it's been a long time.

Till the end of the line.