Gnomeo & Juliet

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Gnomeo & Juliet

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The retelling of "Romeo & Juliet" by Shakespeare came out last weekend... So, it has been able to show for about ten, eleven days now.

I have seen it twice already... ha. Boredom in a small town does that.

It is BEYOND the cute factor and into ADORABLE, I LOVE YOU kind of factor. Very very very cute and wonderful animation. It doesn't look great from the previews, but with a retelling of Romeo & Juliet and as many Shakespeare cracks as you can GET *haha, no, really!*, it is really really amazing. It is a kids movie, but there are moments when you just want to cry. And then get happy all over again.

I honestly recommend seeing it. Emily Blunt is Juliet, James Mcavoy is Gnomeo, Maggie Smith *Harry Potter* is Lady Blueberry, and Michael Caine is Lord Redbrick, and Jason Statham plays Tyblat *Transporter movies*. Ozzy Osbourne... Patrick Stewart and Jim Cummings.

And you might just find Gnomes are cute and cuddly... or not for some of you. haha. The bunnies are hilarious!

And the music score is pretty much hits of Elton John. And the song "Hello Hello" by Elton John... and Lady Gaga... Love doesn't accurately describe *sadly, it didn't get on the soundtrack to buy... oh well*

Have you seen Gnomeo & Juliet?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

No, I have not seen it. I really didn't have any interest in it. It looked very childish and boring, but after reading your thoughts, DAM, I may reconsider where I stand on this movie. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Same here. I might consider watchhing it now.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I saw a promo for it, but that 'tis all. :yes: It looked...interesting.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Patrick Stewart is in it?!

No way!

*Runs to watch it*
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm going to see it tonight with my friend! :)