The Adjustment Bureau

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

The Adjustment Bureau

Post by jelly »

..so who's seen it?

Needless to say, it's quite an interesting concept that raises some very interesting questions concerning free will, choice and the weight of our decisions. I was really hoping to enjoy this one.. but ended up having a lot of problems with it. :P
Last edited by jelly on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I might see that tonight.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Judging just by the picture that appears on the youtube video, I'm certain I'd never see it.

\:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

iluvsns wrote:Judging just by the picture that appears on the youtube video, I'm certain I'd never see it.
Same here!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

It looks like an interesting movie, however I doubt that I will see it.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

wow guys, you honestly aren't required to post in every single topic. If something doesn't interest you, don't post anything, because nobody cares. >_>

I was really hoping others HAD seen it, because it has quite an interesting concept that must be DISCUSSED. :x
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I would love to see it but haven't had the chance yet :(

And I like posting in every single thread :x

;)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Jelly wrote:wow guys, you honestly aren't required to post in every single topic. If something doesn't interest you, don't post anything, because nobody cares. >_>

I was really hoping others HAD seen it, because it has quite an interesting concept that must be DISCUSSED. :x
*Likes*

I am very tempted to see this film, but is it one of those movies that is going to turn into a bandwagon such as Avatar and Inception?

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

31899 wrote:I am very tempted to see this film, but is it one of those movies that is going to turn into a bandwagon such as Avatar and Inception?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but.. I doubt it. For most people, and the people I saw it with, it was just kinda "that was pretty cool". And it's mostly a love story, which is unfortunate in this instance. The main problem I had was that they didn't do justice to their own concept. It was such an intense idea... and then it was almost like they broke their own rules in order to have a happy ending.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I might see this. It looks really intersting. I'll most likely rent it when it comes out on DVD.
~Mark Prescott~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Jelly wrote:wow guys, you honestly aren't required to post in every single topic. If something doesn't interest you, don't post anything, because nobody cares. >_>

Take a chill pill Jelly Really :sick:

:lol:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Now I want to see it. Looks awesome. \:D/ No Dark Knight thinking, though? Bummer.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

thegreenringC wrote:

Take a chill pill Jelly Really :sick:

:lol:
I think he was telling you guys to take a chill pill :sick:
~Mark Prescott~
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

So it is a good idea that was ruined with a romantic plot, poor writers and a happy ending? Other than that it was a good film?

Edit: It sounds like I might be waiting till it comes out on DVD instead.

Last edited by 31899 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

thegreenringC wrote:
iluvsns wrote:Judging just by the picture that appears on the youtube video, I'm certain I'd never see it.
Same here!
Sorta thirded.

I may see this on DVD, but the YouTube cover is irritating. I wish there was a way to advance the screenshot by like... one second.

I've heard a lot of good remarks about the positive plot (even from PluggedIn). I will save my criticism/praise until I know for myself. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

31899 wrote:So it is a good idea that was ruined with a romantic plot, poor writers and a happy ending? Other than that it was a good film?
Eh... I wouldn't even say the idea was good. It was definitely clever, but a concept like that instantly starts raising questions concerning God, and of course being a secular movie it didn't exactly paint 'Her' in the best light. ;) But besides defending Christianity, I just really thought it was lame how they introduced this massive, grandscale idea and then limited themselves in order to make the love story plot work out in the end. Yes, I dislike happy endings if they're unrealistic. ;)

But ya other then that... it was enjoyable, i guess. :P

edit: Here's a review I just read...
An entertaining, if blasphemous mindbender suggesting that love conquers all, even the will of God.
...ya. ;)
Last edited by jelly on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wait, what is it about the Youtube picture that is making people never ever watch this? >_>
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

The girl's clothes :-
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I see. Apparently I live in an alternate universe where that is common enough dress that it does not even register in the mind. :(
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I saw the movie two nights ago. I was actually entertained and thought the movie was somewhat interesting. It was very silly, but it works because it chooses to be silly.

That said, I don't necessarily like some of the conclusions the movie (or the main characters) makes about God, and how He functions. The last two minutes are a little stupid, and are my least favorite part of the film. And, I bought everything except for "the power of the kiss" (you'll understand once you see it). Other than that, it was a perfectly entertaining, and sometimes cool, movie.

At the end of it all, I just wanted to go out and buy a new hat.