Calling All Pirate Fans!!!

a Pirates four? O.o

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

gosh keira knightley was terrible. i'm so excited. thinking about seeing it on the day it comes out. \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Jelly wrote:I'm GLAD Orlando Bloom isn't in it. :x His and Elizabeth's characters drove me crazy. The entire complex web of weirdness that was strung in the second and third movies was waaay over the top and tiresome. If this was a Part 4, I wouldn't be excited for it in the least.

Thankfully, Disney realized that the only thing anyone really cared about is Jack Sparrow, so they got rid of most of the other characters and gave him a staring role in the new film. Jack Sparrow will make this movie sell, and they know this. Throw in Blackbeard and a few mermaids, and you've got a movie of EPIC proportions. ;)

Not to mention Zombie's \:D/ I can't wait for this movie! I really liked the third one and this is my order

1st Curse of the Black Pearl (9.5/10)
2nd At World's End (9.0/10
3rd Dead Mans Chest (7.3/10)

I think this movie will probably be either an 8.5 or a 9.0 we will see!

TGRC
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

Dead Man's Chest was incredibly disappointing. I'm very glad to be rid of the whole Will & Elizabeth drama. It was getting old. :) Jack Sparrow is the best!
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Guess what!?!

I've got a jar of dirt! (in jacks British accent)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

\:D/
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Eh, I personally thought "The World Ends" was the perfect way to end the movie series. While this next one does seem to be more comical than the other movies (from judging by the trailers) I personally don't look forward to it.
Shadowfax wrote:

LOL

I like this one as well
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Shadowfax wrote:

Haha! I love it!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Anyone see it at midnight? I DID! And other than some hilarious parts and actually saying it was worth my time and sleep, I have to say one thing: They throw a lot of religion in. Not that they were mocking it - far from it. But there was a strong mix of religion and voodoo dolls and of course the Fountain of Youth. I have to confess, the Spaniards in the movie were useless - almost. o.0 Religion was used to an advantage, and I'm glad they didn't make it look horrible. There was a boy, Phillip, who walked around with a Bible. He's actually pretty important in the movie. He grew on me as the movie progressed. I think the themes were pretty well laid out.

Overall, awesome movie. :D
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I heard it was amazing haha
I'm going to see it tonight! :)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

It was cool. I saw it at 12:30 today, and I was impressed. Like they said, it really was like the first one in that it was a fresh start. The voodoo was amusing, coming from Blackbeard. \:D/ Isn't Depp signed on to more Pirates movies?
And I loved the mermaid attack, lol.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I enjoyed it immensely. \:D/ There were quite a few plot-holes and things that just... didn't make sense, but I was totally entertained the entire time. Jack Sparrow, of course, is absolutely amazing; the Blackbeard character was also pretty awesome, I didn't hate Penelope Cruz as much as I thought I would. \:D/ Somehow, almost all the characters were likable, and I enjoyed the mermaid love story that unfolded.

I wouldn't say it's better then the first one, but it's definitely better then the other sequels. By far.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I have to say, the first one still takes all the awards. lol.

I hear a rumor about more Pirate movies. Eh. We'll see.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Jelly wrote:The entire complex web of weirdness that was strung in the second and third movies was waaay over the top and tiresome. If this was a Part 4, I wouldn't be excited for it in the least.
Glad I'm not the only one who describes the second two movies as such! I just commented to one of my friends after the movie saying...almost exactly what you said--that they just went over the top on some things and just weird...and only kind of funny.
Jelly wrote:Thankfully, Disney realized that the only thing anyone really cared about is Jack Sparrow, so they got rid of most of the other characters and gave him a staring role in the new film. Jack Sparrow will make this movie sell, and they know this. Throw in Blackbeard and a few mermaids, and you've got a movie of EPIC proportions. ;)
I don't think it was just Disney who decided that...I heard Orlando and Kiera didn't want to be in any more of the movies and pretty much just told Disney they wouldn't do it.

I loved the new movie--not quite as good as #1, but definitely awesome!
Last edited by SoccerLOTR on Sun May 22, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I acknowledge this is the weakest of the movies, but I still like it personally. I'm just so taken with this world that I'm on board for any new adventures that we get in it.

Barbossa turning to privateer was an interesting development for the character and reinforced that this world they're in is always changing, with different politics and powers moving about. It's neat seeing how that affects how they choose to live, that's what gives depth to the world and makes it so interesting to me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hmm, apparently I never posted in this thread! I agree with bookworm that it's the weakest, but it still has its moments. It's still got some of the fun without the (slightly) deeper storytelling and characterization of the other movies.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I forgot to mention that this was the first of these movies I saw in the theater, that was fun. (I came to this series late so the first three were seen on dvd.)