The Office

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

The Office

Post by Sarah »

He he, am I the only one who absolutely LOVES the show "The office"? =D>

I love how obnoxius the boss is, and how nobody but him, thinks he's funny. I also love the video diaries, and ackward silences.

Yeah, i'm strange...

What about you all?

Oh, g2g, it's on!
Sarah
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Yep, you're the only one! Shame shame! [-X
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I saw a little bit of it last week, and thought it was funny, but I haven't really had the chance to sit down and watch an entire episode. :)
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Actually, I would like to see it sometime. I love stupid humour movies, like Napolean Dynamite, and Jim Carrey movies, and that sounds/looks like it will be stupid humour. \:D/
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Oh, it's hilarious!

It has pretty... dry humor. This week looks pretty funny... It's someone's birthday in the office, and the guy is trying to figure out what to write in her card.

Sarah
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I understand the Brits have dry humor and I've actually seen the orginal, but it's not for me. Don't get me wrong I absoulutly love British Comedy, but I love the stuff that has to deal with facework and stuff (and stuff). Like Faulty Towers, Are You Being Served, Keeping up Apperences and Coupling.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have never heard of it. What station is it on?
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It is on NBC. And this needs to be bumped because this show is so awesome! I love the little romance and the fact that it pretends to be a documentry!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Woah, totally forgot I even made this thread!

I still love The Office. Probably the best show on TV at the moment - in my opinion at least.

I love the Dwight/Angela, Pam/Jim/Karen (I guess this would be a triangle), Ryan/Kelly "romance" going on right now.

Sarah
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

This show does rock. :D
We love it, and are super jazzed about the new Thursday NBC lineup. Scrubs and The Office and My Name is Earl! Yay! Oh yeah, and 30 Rock... well, jury's still out there.

(I still vote for Jim/Pam.)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yay! \:D/ Yeah now a year and a half after I posted in this thread, I'm a really big fan! \:D/ I like My Name is Earl, too. \:D/ But the Office moreso. \:D/
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

If you're talking about the Brit version, I think the show is great. Very funny, very dry humour. The characters are priceless (and it's got that guy from Pirates of the Carribean). I haven't seen the American one, though I've heard its good too.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay for old threads! \:D/ I've only heard of this show because Mackenzie Crook is on it, like Ferder alluded to. (Ragetti from POTC). I'd like to see an episode some time, since it sounds funny, but I never have. :(
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I have two words for you all...
Magic Marker.

Hilarious.

Sarah
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I've seen about 4 or 5 episodes. Very funny. \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

A boss the ladies love!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Re-bumping this thread! \:D/

I discovered The Office the same way I discovered Lost a few months ago: a friend recommended the show, and we eventually ended up renting all the available DVDs over a very short period of time :D I love the Office! It's very funny, and I love Jim and Pam :inlove: I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, but when it comes out on DVD you can be sure I will.

I'm very curious about the UK version of the Office now...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I had seen most of season two when it originally aired... though I missed an episode here and there.

Anyway, I have season one and watched it with the lovely CA, and soon thereafter we felt led to rent all of season two, which I believe we watched all of in about 3 or 4 days... ;)

Only two more episodes this season! \:D/ One of which being tonight! :shock:

Anyway, to add more to the discussion other than just that this is an awesome show... Steve Carell certainly has a budding movie career. If he were to leave The Office (and it looks like a cast member is leaving at the end of the season, he being one of the likely suspects), who would you cast to be the new "boss" of the Scranton branch? Of course, they might just promote Jim or Dwight or something. But they'd probably add a new castmember to be at least semi-Michael Scott like (though hopefully not a total ripoff). He'd be hard to replace, so I'm curious who ya'll would find "acceptable" to do so. ;)

My short list: Martin Short, Will Ferrel (though he obviously is too big a star :(), Jared Walczak, or Hulk Hogan.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I heard that Michael, Jim, and Karen were all up for the job, but I really don't think they would take Steve Carell off the show, him being such a main character and hilarious as the boss at Scranton.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I forgot about this thread...

I get the feeling that tonight's episode is going to be pretty hilarious - The Office + Survivor? That's quite an interesting combo. (I'm DVRing it, which is why I don't have my behind parked on the couch at the moment!)

Last week was...Umm... Uncomfortable, to say the least. But, it was still pretty funny.

Did anyone call the number that Dwight had on that flier? Some other fans wrote it down, and it actually works! \:D/

The number is: 1-800-984-3672

Sarah