Thor (PluggedIn Loves It)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Termite wrote:You did vote for it in 'Best Movie of the Decade'. :-
The other options were probably like.. Narnia and Fireproof. :noway: How do you remember this stuff anyway?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*cough* Though I honestly really do have a good memory, I did look that one up. ;)

And yay. More superheroes. I'll see it in six months when it comes out on DVD. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Out of all comic book movies...Out of all movies, period...Plugged In liked a movie about pegan gods...very interest. That's pretty cool. I can't wait to see it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Me and my dad saw it yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. Interesting characters, perhaps not the best script (or acting sometimes) but it's worth seeing again :)

Till the end of the line.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I saw it last night. It was awesome. :inlove:
The Top Crusader wrote:Just be sure to stay until after the credits. :yes:
And I didn't see this until now. :x What happened after the credits?
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Shadowfax wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Just be sure to stay until after the credits. :yes:
And I didn't see this until now. :x What happened after the credits?
The setting up for a sequel. \:D/

I saw it today, thought it was pretty good, cheesey ending though. Otherwise pretty good.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Cheesy ending? More like cheesy story. Give me Loki ANY DAY.

I saw it at the push of two of my friends, Maggie and Paola, and quite enjoyed it for not only a superhero movie, but just great acting and awesome laughs. The story was a little... predictable. It was done well though. I didn't stay to the end of the credits for time reasons, but haha, sequel... well, The Avengers comes out in 2012 with Thor and Loki and Tony Stark and Captain America. Many others too. Directed by Joss Whedon *instant midnight must see? Yeah*

Slight crush on Tom Hiddleston *Loki*, and Chris Hemsworth's *Thor* smile is adorable.

Right now, it ranks #4 in my list of best movies I've seen recently. Tangled, Pirates 4, and X-Men: First Class beat it by mere hairs. :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah it sets up Avengers, not directly a Thor sequel, presumably.

I thought it was odd that Thor is stuck in Asgard at the end, although I assume they know what they are doing. But that kind of will waste time in Avengers, then. >_>
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah it sets up Avengers, not directly a Thor sequel, presumably.

I thought it was odd that Thor is stuck in Asgard at the end, although I assume they know what they are doing. But that kind of will waste time in Avengers, then. >_>
Yeah no kidding :? It was pretty epic though and good proof that he was "Humble" again. He sacrificed his love, for his enemies. Sounds like Jesus to me. I thought it was good.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah it sets up Avengers, not directly a Thor sequel, presumably.

I saw it a second time and still didn't wait... lol. -_- Something tells me I'm going to see it a third and actually stay till the end. lol.

Well, I doubt much will be taken away from the fact that Thor is stuck in Asgard. I really can see him getting back to earth an easy fix - even though they make it out to be "a hopeless cause". They are bringing back Loki, and -_- How do you bring HIM back? *not that I won't be incredibly excited for Tom Hiddleston to show back up on screen, oh, and to see more of the god of mischief* but I'm curious as to what they do. Joss Whedon is directing, and he makes some amazing movies *and TV shows!*. I have faith he's going to do well - along with the screen writers and everyone else working on "the Avengers".
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This was completely different than the other movies. This isn't a random human happening to gain abilities and deciding how to use them, it's a self-contained story with already established characters that are simply new to the audience, not new to existing.

It was a good movie in retrospect, but while watching I had trouble getting into the story so I didn't enjoy it to a terribly high degree. It was entertaining though.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I personally have never been a fantasy fan of that sort so while I'm okay with Thor in NYC or New Mexico I get bored with the Asgard stuff pretty quickly.

I may have said that earlier in this thread, I don't feel like reading it all again. >_>
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The sad thing about Thor is that the story is not executed well. While the other Marvel movies have better stories, I feel Thor and Thor 2 are the most thoughtful of Marvel movies (though, perhaps, even the ideas they present are not well fleshed out). In essence, these two movies are looking at what makes people good. In the first film it's what makes a person good individually, and in the second it is how can a good person be good as a leader.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.