Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Has anyone ever watched this show? None of my friends have ever heard of it, I didn't think it was that old! (I like watching old shows like Leave it to Beaver, Robinhood, etc...) If you have, did/do you like it?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I... remember it being on television. I never regularly watched it, though. :(

It's not THAT old, though, from the 90's I think.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

yeah it was a 90s show. I've seen a few episodes, had some friends who liked it, but i was never a fan.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I wondered if this show would ever be brought up. The following contains some minor show spoilers, in case you planned to watch it. :-

My family rented the first season from the library, and I watched it with much enjoyment! It had some quirks; very feminist, some swearing and repeated references (in a negative way) to prostitution in the Old West, but for every down there was an up. When Dr. Mike was shown drinking once, it ticked me off greatly. A few episodes later, the bar-tender had an amazing change of heart and life - my faith in the show was completely restored.

I started to watch the second reason, but was incredibly disappointed. All the positive character changes were gone. The town "villains" had really begun to improve by the end of the first season, but it was all gone - Lauren and Hank were back to being total selfish jerks.

My faith in the show was lost... and I also read up on further changes to the show (notably the re-casting of one of the main characters :x). This did not please me, so I stopped watching it altogether. I tried to get back into it later on, but alas, my opinion of the show was already unsalvagable. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I really like Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, however I do have a few disappointments in it. The re-cast of one of the characters, the death of a character, some swearing, and some viewpoints that I don't agree with. Besides those issues, it's a great show. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've watched a few episodes. I am not and never was a fan though.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Yeah, some of the things that AE pointed out bothered me as well, I've only seen the first season, but I heard about the recasting of that character, and my dad said that the show kind of went downhill from there... But yeah, I like the first season a lot!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I liked Jane Seymour better in Live and Let Die. \:D/