The Encounter

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

The Encounter

Post by The Top Crusader »

I know a lot of people here like Christian films so I figured I would post this. \:D/ Anyone heard of it or see it yet? The Youtube description says it was out in May but I have no idea if that is true or not. ;) Of note, it stars one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, Sting. :inlove: ...which is the only reason I stumbled across it. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I hadn't heard of the movie before this thread, but I know who the director is...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Oh yeah, we rented that movie. Acting was kinda bad, but it was pretty moving. Love the guy that plays Jesus.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

After having seen the "Mandy" film, I think I can take any degree of bad acting and look at it in a more positive light. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

...I forgot I started this thread and almost started another one, but since this is here I suppose I will bump it... \:D/

Finally watched the movie. It's on Netflix Instant Watch for those of you with Netflix. Like was said, it didn't have THE WORLD'S GREATEST ACTING and had its cheesy moments, but was pretty decent overall. Had a good moral. Kind of reminded me of "Malachi's Message" just slightly. ;) The best actor was of course Steve "Sting" Borden. :inlove: The dude that played Jesus (according to IMDB, he plays Jesus a lot) was pretty good, too. The others ranged from okay to "meh" in their acting skill, but of course the message of the movie is the important thing when it comes to this type of film.

So I suggest checking it out, then go watch some old WCW matches featuring Sting. \:D/ (which also exists on Netflix instant)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Woah, Jaci Velasquez is in this? I'd better check it out. \:D/ She was like the first girl I ever liked.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Dude! Me too! I was obsessed with Jaci Velasquez when I was about 6 or 7. I had about 4 of her albums. I wonder if I still have them...

PICKLES ARE GROSS.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: