Captain America!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Will you see Captain America?

Definitely!
67%
No Way!
33%

Total votes: 9

UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Looks awesome. Really see it. Can't wait for the 22th!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I'm not into superhero movies like, at all-and I really want to see it!
he/him | a little stinker.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The only temptation to see it is the hinted Avengers teaser trailer. THAT IS GOING TO ROCK!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

What a surprise! It liked Thor to. I was shocked. I am going to see it soon :D
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Anyone seen it yet?

I saw it today. My sister is going to see it Tuesday. Gosh, while it can't out-bid Thor *my heart lies with Loki right now*, it was an AMAZING movie. Great EVERYTHING. From graphics to storyline. Not slow once. Just kept on trucking. The villain was actually scary. My friend and I were like "He's just freaking looking!" No kidding.

Captain America is an awesome superhero. He just become #1 in my book. :D Thor moved to #2. lol. There were a LOT of laughs, a lot of "wow" moments, and definitely worth the $9.50 I spent.

I actually geeked out a lot. Probably cause I can only reference what I know from Iron Man 1, 2 and Thor and whatever I know is the hinting of a plot for The Avengers - I'm so excited. CA at least filled in some holes. And the end credits scene - much better than the leaked I saw online. I mean, it was the same thing, but much better quality, and - I grasped it better.
Plus - okay, I don't encourage drinking, I don't like it when people drink, but can I stop them? Nope. The saddest thing about Captain America is that he... can't get drunk. I almost cried. He had just lost his best friend and he couldn't get drunk. I mean, if I were him, I'd pretty much want to. From the stand point of not being myself and being a man who doesn't like, cry and would want to get drunk kind of way. I just... felt so bad. Bucky was awesome too.

Overall, worth it. See it if you can. :D
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I saw it last Friday night. It was pretty good and Hugo Weaving did an excellent job playing Red Skull, he looked exactly like the comic book character.
The story line was generally above average and the Avengers teaser trailer at the end of the credits got me SO stoked for 2012!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I really, really enjoyed it. Wasn't necessarily how I would have made the movie entirely, but it was exactly what I expected from Marvel Studios with the storylines they are building to with Hydra, etc.

Teaser for Avengers was pretty awesome, too.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I watched it yesterday with a friend, I really liked it. I thought it told the story pretty well and the end was very cool. Can't wait for the avengers! I will have a MUCH more detailed review later.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Captain. America. Is. Amazing. O.O Seriously that movie is par with The Dark Knight, and I don't give that rank lightly! It's like the days when movies had actual plots, but they threw in some flashy effects to help the plot along (remember the days when movies had plots?)!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Plus - okay, I don't encourage drinking, I don't like it when people drink, but can I stop them? Nope. The saddest thing about Captain America is that he... can't get drunk. I almost cried. He had just lost his best friend and he couldn't get drunk. I mean, if I were him, I'd pretty much want to. From the stand point of not being myself and being a man who doesn't like, cry and would want to get drunk kind of way. I just... felt so bad. Bucky was awesome too.
Yeah. This. I mean, I really dislike drinking; it tears families and wastes money with addiction. But this did make me sad. I almost wanted the guy to be able to get drunk. And the guy is so pure and good that you know he's not going to misuse it. Still, it is what it is and I hate drinking. But at the same time...I feel bad for him. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

They are of course focused on The Avengers for now, but I'd say it is highly likely Bucky will be back if there is a Captain America 2 or 3.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I liked this one a lot! Definitely my favorite so far.

As with the first Iron Man I would have liked more hero action (I'm really looking forward to watching Winter Soldier now that the character is set up and ready to just go), but this time I didn't mind the origin and establishment. It was fun to watch because I liked the setting and the story. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I really enjoyed the 1940's setting. I enjoyed Cap 1 (as stated above) but I think Cap 2 may just be my favorite Marvel Studios film so far. Even things I nitpick about Cap 1 and Avengers, I really feel like they got the character of Steve Rogers down perfectly.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've been wanting to rewatch this for a long time but never got around to it, but I finally did last week when it was put on at a 4th of July barbecue I was invited to.

I liked it just as much the second time! I really don't understand why so many people are so underwhelmed by this one. It's a great story; I really appreciated this time how they bring him up as a propaganda character first, then he becomes an actual soldier, exploring different aspects of his journey to finally realize his goal to serve his country in a fuller way than if he had just been dropped in as a superhero from the start. And anachronistic technology in a WW2 setting is always neat.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I agree with you! I know somebody who thinks this is one of the worst Marvel movies, and I really don't agree. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, bookworm.

I also think this is a super fun 4th of July activity. As a Canadian, I don't have other parties on that day, so if I manage to remember, I should do a Cap marathon next year on July 4! :inlove: