Terra Nova

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The sixers apparently have some other way of doing it, as well as good contacts in 2149.. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff we haven't been told yet. I'm kinda curious what the sixers are really after and how they managed to game the lottery or who sent them..
...I hate marquees.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

31899 wrote:This website might not like you http://video.citytv.com/video/show/terr ... 294965012/
The page loads, but I can’t get the video to play. :(
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

So, after the bar owner shot the sixer, I definitely don't think it is the bar owner.

Last edited by 31899 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We finally got caught up!

You’re right 31899, it would seem Boylan is not the spy. My mom still thinks it’s Dr. Malcolm. I still don’t, but he was acting pretty suspicious in the last episode. He seemed extremely eager to pin things on Jim. But it might have just been because he didn’t see how the dragonfly thing would be wrong, I don’t know.

Things are definitely coming to a head, I was surprised at how much was revealed in the last episode. We now know that Taylor knows there are people in 2149 that want to kill him. We knew that, because Mira told Jim, but I wasn’t sure if Taylor himself knew the full scope of things.

The first season is scheduled to end in December, so it will be interesting to see how they wrap it up. They haven’t decided yet if it will be the series finale or just a season finale. I don’t know how they’re going to end the show if they don’t know, because if it’s the series finale then you’ll have to tie everything up at the end, but if it’s just a season finale then you want to leave some things open for the next season.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Did you guys know that they use some painted Nerf Guns as props?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No, I didn’t know that. That’s interesting.

Wow, totally unexpected twist!
Skye is the spy? I couldn’t believe it. But just as I was asking myself what her motive would be we saw her mom. Probably could have seen it coming when she asked Taylor about a cure at the beginning of the episode.

So there’s just a few episodes left. From the teaser for the next one it looked like a lot of stuff was going to happen, makes me wonder if they aren’t going to wrap it all up and call it a series. I sure hope not though.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Have you all seen the conclusion to the season by now? I really liked the show, and am hoping that they bring it back for season 2.
For a moment at the end I thought that Lucas might end up reunited with his Dad, but no. It really makes me dislike him even more. I was thinking the whole scene: I hope this isn't a trick, I hope this isn't a trick, I hope this isn't a trick...
Also, I wonder if Mira will become one of the "good guys." I mean the only reason that she was working for Lucas was because they had her child. But now she can't get back to her anyway. Unless there is something in the badlands... my theory is two words: Bermuda Triangle
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Have you all seen the conclusion to the season by now? I really liked the show, and am hoping that they bring it back for season 2.
For a moment at the end I thought that Lucas might end up reunited with his Dad, but no. It really makes me dislike him even more. I was thinking the whole scene: I hope this isn't a trick, I hope this isn't a trick, I hope this isn't a trick...
Also, I wonder if Mira will become one of the "good guys." I mean the only reason that she was working for Lucas was because they had her child. But now she can't get back to her anyway. Unless there is something in the badlands... my theory is two words: Bermuda Triangle
Same here! I was totally hoping nothing like that would happen. As I was watching, I was thinking Skye should just shoot him again just to make sure. But I guess they wanted to keep Lucas around for another plot device later if they did a second season.
Do you guys know if they are making a 2nd season?

Edit:
Oh and I think Mira can contact 2149 because of something Lucas invented/built. But Terra Nova can also contact 2149 when the portal is open, as bookworm already said.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Yeah, but I think the portal was destroyed along with Hope Plaza, and (I assume) the receiver that Mira's contacts in 2149 were using. I believe that the men behind Lucas were all killed in the Plaza explosion as well.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I really liked the show, but the finale felt surprisingly anticlimactic to me compared to how good the rest of the season was. I can’t put my finger on exactly what didn’t sit right with me, but something definitely caused a disconnect.
For the previous two episodes I had a feeling that if someone was going to die in all this it was going to be Lieutenant Washington, I don’t know why but I could feel it, so that wasn’t a surprise, but it was still disappointing.

The final confrontation between Lucas and Commander Taylor was a shock to me. I may just be naive, seeing as the rest of you were expecting a trick, but that possibility never even entered my mind when I watched, I really thought that was going to be the end of it, with a great reconciliation between father and son. Then he stabbed him and I was like “What?!”

One thing I thought was well done was the backstory between Lucas and his father. The finale filled in the questions marks nicely. Now it’s clear why every time we saw Lucas he was alluding to Taylor supposedly being God, but not being all powerful.

Lucas disappearing at the end was another surprise to me. I probably could have seen it coming because it makes sense to have him live for a future plot point, but I mean he was shot right in the heart. I don’t know.

And then destroying the portal was something I didn’t see coming too. The way I thought they were going to end the show was with the colonists beating the bad guys and then pilgrimages could continue as usual and Commander Taylor’s original plan of a new beginning could be carried on without interference. I can understand why they went with this instead, but it still doesn’t feel quite right.

And I really feel sorry for Mira. The whole reason she did this was for her daughter, she wasn’t really a bad guy, and now she’s lost everything.
And along that same line, I was touched by the bitter irony of Cara’s death. After all that trouble Josh caused to get her there, that was what led to her demise. Really sad.

So yeah, loved the show but not so much the finale. I do hope they continue it though.
And what in the world is up with that ship? o.o
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm, I put your comments in the spoiler because I didn't want to read since I haven't watched the encore episode yet. I really want to though.

How did you watch it? TV? Online? Has Fox released it online? That would be awesome.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:I haven't watched the encore episode yet.
Then how could you respond to Blessed Cheesemaker?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:I haven't watched the encore episode yet.
Then how could you respond to Blessed Cheesemaker?
From what he was talking about, it sounded like he was referring to the last regular season episode.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:it sounded like he was referring to the last regular season episode.
He was. So were you. And so was I. :?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:it sounded like he was referring to the last regular season episode.
He was. So were you. And so was I. :?
Let me start over. Have you seen the encore episode? The episode they made after the season ended?
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The what? :shock:
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:The what? :shock:
Apparently Fox made an encore episode of Terra Nova. *link leads to twitter post*
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That was an encore airing of the finale.
(The finale is the final two episodes put together. When originally aired they ran back to back, a two hour show. On the Saturday encores they were split, last Saturday was the reair of ‘part 1’.)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Oh wow. I can't believe I just made that big of a blunder. Eh, whatever. Sorry.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, encore is just a synonym for rerun.
FOX ran encores of the previous Monday’s episode on most Saturdays.

Anyway,
Whitty Whit wrote:How did you watch it? TV? Online? Has Fox released it online? That would be awesome.
We watched it in a variety of ways because we got behind.
We didn’t see the true premiere, but we watched the encore on tv. Then we watched the episodes on tv until the one that was on Halloween which we missed because I forgot to set the timer on the recorder. So then we recorded the next episode but didn’t watch it and waited for the one we missed to be released online and watched it there, then watched the recorded one and then continued watching on tv until the finale. During the finale our tv signal went out in the middle, so my mom and brother decided not to keep watching because we wouldn’t know what had happened when it came back on, but I did so I saw the end. Then we all watched the encore finale last week so now we’re all finished.

FOX is releasing them online, but only for a limited time, so the beginning episodes are no longer available.