The Avengers

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Your lack of Spider-Man is saddening. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

My top three superhero movies would be something like..

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spiderman 2
3. The Incredibles
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

American Eagle wrote:Your lack of Spider-Man is saddening. :noway:
It's not that I don't like Spider-Man. It's just that I haven't watched Spider-Man.

double post fixed - tkd.
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Steve wrote:
It's not that I don't like Spider-Man. It's just that I haven't watched Spider-Man.
Ahh, I see.

Well, if your problem is parental permission, I don't know how you watched The Dark Knight. ;) If your problem is anything else, fear not, because the trilogy is epic. As Jelly said, Spider-Man 2 is especially awesome, but they're all intense.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

American Eagle wrote:
Steve wrote:
Ahh, I see.

Well, if your problem is parental permission, I don't know how you watched The Dark Knight. ;) If your problem is anything else, fear not, because the trilogy is epic. As Jelly said, Spider-Man 2 is especially awesome, but they're all intense.
No. It's not parental. It's me not wanting to pay to watch the movies. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Steve wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Steve wrote:
Ahh, I see.

No. It's not parental. It's me not wanting to pay to watch the movies. \:D/
Hmm, you can't rent them from a local library or a redbox?

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The local library is my favorite place to find movies. Then comes Youtube.

*cough* I'm getting even more and more excited for when I finally get to see this movie. I just finished the Hulk... three down, one to go! And then the big one. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Termite wrote:The local library is my favorite place to find movies. Then comes Youtube.

*cough* I'm getting even more and more excited for when I finally get to see this movie. I just finished the Hulk... three down, one to go! And then the big one. \:D/
...err... you are missing one if you are three down and one to go. ;)

Since people are posting their top super hero films... \:D/

1. Avengers
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Iron Man
4. X-Men: First Class
5. Spider-man 2

X-men 2, the first Spider-man, Thor, Cap, the Punisher, Batman Begins, and others I'm forgetting were all pretty good... although I've noticed the older ones from a decade or so ago really don't hold up as well... standards in general and special effects have improved since then.

And yeah... no The Dark Knight on my list, ha! \:D/ I think it was fine but my hatred for overhype of things I think are decent has turned me against it. ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

...Well, I haven't really been considering Iron Man 2... at least, if I couldn't get it from the library before I saw the Avengers I wouldn't care as much... unless it's so much more important than I heard it was. :(
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Nah not overly so important... maybe worth seeing eventually but its the weakest out of all of them. There may be a couple random lines that reference it in Avengers but not anything noteworthy.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:And yeah... no The Dark Knight on my list, ha! \:D/ I think it was fine but my hatred for overhype of things I think are decent has turned me against it. ;)
How DARE most people like something more than you do. :x
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Top Crusader wrote:Nah not overly so important... maybe worth seeing eventually but its the weakest out of all of them. There may be a couple random lines that reference it in Avengers but not anything noteworthy.
It introduces Black Widow.

It also makes Nick Fury into more of a character, elaborates on SHIELD in general, introduces Iron Man's latest armor and sets up his new relationship with Pepper, which is featured in Avengers. Just off the top of my head.
Last edited by Caswin on Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, fair enough. I forgot it basically is an extended ad for Avengers which is probably why I didn't really care for it.

Still, Avengers would be easy enough to piece together without it, I'm sure.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Top Crusader wrote:Still, Avengers would be easy enough to piece together without it, I'm sure.
Agreed.

If you've seen all of the other movies, the pertinent facts you might be interested in:
-"Black Widow" is the codename of a SHIELD agent who can go through a hallway guarded by a dozen security guards about as quickly as she might have walked through it normally... after spending most of the movie undercover as a completely different person.

-SHIELD is interested in Tony Stark, but after getting a closer look at him, they decide that he's more useful in an "advisory" capacity. He's a loose cannon. Repulsor ray. Whatever. He's takes it in stride.

-Tony himself built yet another Iron Man suit. It looks slightly different, his voice isn't as deep, and it runs on a new element that his father left behind the instructions for. So it's pretty powerful.

-Tony and Pepper are totally in love.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I saw The Avengers today with my dad. I thought it was really good; I'm glad there was more heart and possibly more substance than some of the other superhero movies lately. But I was a bit overwhelmed with all the explosions and action; however, I appreciate it for what it was and stayed after the credits for both brief scenes. :D

Till the end of the line.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

I admit, movie totally met my expectations and I came in with one pretty high. +200 million at box office. I really don't see how the new spiderman or batman movie will be able to top avengers. Plus the scene after the credits was simply awesome!
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I saw this movie yesterday.

Man- I was blown away by this movie. I went in with expectations that it was going to be a PRETTY GOOD movie- but when I walked out I concluded that this was one of my top 5 movies I have ever seen. I loved the humor in almost every scene and it kept the movie fun and light which is a change from most superhero movies. I went with my dad and he absolutely loved it as well. This movie was very well done, my only complaint was the plot could have been a little more substantial- but overall I thought it was an incredible movie.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Agree with Taps. I didn't go in with many expectations (heard it would be good, but still expecting typical superhero movie) but it definitely ranks in my top 10 movies! I haven't seen a movie in quite a while that actually kept me guessing and hoping the movie wasn't close to over. It wasn't overly predictable (yeah, some things have to be predicted--it's a superhero movie!) and the characters were all played very well. They nailed the dynamics between characters and did a great job with the fight scenes. It wasn't ridiculous or over the top goofy, but it kept a sense of humor throughout to break up the tension. EXCELLENT movie!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the movie yesterday and quite enjoyed it. \:D/ I had the pleasure of not seeing it in 3D, which made me happy, because I don't like stuff flying towards my face, and in some battle scenes, it was easy to see where that would be happening in 3D. ;) I enjoyed the humour and got engaged in the story. Some parts could have used a little more explanation or something to figure out more about why the bad guys were doing what they were doing, since that was a little underwhelming at times, but maybe that's stuff that "real" fans know. ;) I became quite curious about Hawkeye and Black Widow's backstories, so if they make those movies at some point in the future, I'm definitely there! \:D/ Tony and Pepper were very cute. Being a girl :( their relationship is a significant part of my interest in the Iron Man movies, so it was nice to see them together in a few scenes.

I told my brother that we had to stay through the credits because people on the ToO had mentioned two ending scenes, and most of the people stayed in the theatre stayed for the first clip, but then left. A couple dozen people stayed for the last scene, so I didn't feel as ridiculous staying so long for such a scene. :lol:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Catspaw wrote:I told my brother that we had to stay through the credits because people on the ToO had mentioned two ending scenes, and most of the people stayed in the theatre stayed for the first clip, but then left. A couple dozen people stayed for the last scene, so I didn't feel as ridiculous staying so long for such a scene. :lol:
This exactly. ^.^ I went with my dad and informed him there was another scene afterwards. \:D/

Black Widow is seemingly so 'perfect', it was good to see her emotional side. She really is a female. ^.^ Hawk-eye was fantastic. I'll think of more things to say after the awesomeness of it dies down a little. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.