180: The Movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
180: The Movie

Post by American Eagle »

31899 and Amy mentioned this in another thread, so I figured a discussion was in order.

Who has seen the new movie called 180? It's a 33-minute documentary on World War II, Hitler, abortion and the Gospel. It has 1.3 million views on YouTube, and hundreds of thousands of copies have been given out in the last few weeks.

Produced by Ray Comfort, it has been endorsed by John MacArthur, John Piper, Mark Hall, Francis Chan, Kirk Cameron, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, Randy Alcorn, Kay Arthur, Joni Eareckson Tada, Paul Washer, Steve Camp and Bill Gothard.

Here's the full movie on YouTube. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it! Even if you're pro-life and saved, it's still a good film. (Note: Some fairly graphic pictures from the Holocaust, but thankfully, no photos of slaughtered babies.)

My friends and I gave out 2,000+ copies to students at the University of Michigan. It was quite a day! \:D/

Discuss, fight and enjoy. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I watched this instead of going to church today. \:D/

Really well done, I hope the mohawk dude gets saved and becomes an evangelist but keeps the hair.

It was depressing how many didn't even know who Hitler was, though. I mean, he's the guy that killed Hitler with a headshot, afterall, you'd think people would realize that.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

That was...
Powerful. And very disturbing really. I wish more people could see this. I'm all for anything pro-life and this was very well done.

\:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Extremely well done. It had a great message, and the production overall was amazing.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I haven't seen the whole thing, but I've heard great things about it from everyone (except liberal, pro-choicers, of course). I know some people who were passing it out at a Third Day concert last week.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Christian A., just to be clear, just because someone is liberal does not mean that they are pro-choice.

redacted
Last edited by 31899 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

31899 wrote:Christian A., just to be clear, just because someone is liberal does not mean that they are pro-choice.
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to make that insinuation at all. Poor choice of words.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

My brothers and sisters showed me this one night, and it was amazing! I was surprised that no one knew who Hitler was. I mean, I've known Hitler's name since I was 3, and known what he did since I was 6. I am so smart! \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

'Man-on-the-street' videos always leave me completely disgusted with how horrendously stupid so many Americans are. >_>

...am I the only one with real problems concerning this video? The interviewees are absolutely tricked and taken advantage of. Picture yourself walking along by yourself, and suddenly this camera crew walks up to you and a strange old guy starts asking you questions. The only thing you're really going to be concerned about is how you appear on camera. If he starts grilling you with misleading questions about evolution and natural selection, you're going to probably spout off the answers that sound 'right'. There's no room for legitimate, subjective opinion. Eventually he traps you in a corner, and since you aren't in any away equipped with any kind of prepared response, you're forced into agreeing so that you won't look like an idiot in front of the camera.

I'm not saying that any of those 'conversions' were't legitimate... maybe some were. God can speak to someone's heart in any kind of circumstance. But I was mostly disgusted that some evangelicals apparently feel the need to stoop to manipulative means of witnessing to people.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Jelly wrote:'Man-on-the-street' videos always leave me completely disgusted with how horrendously stupid so many Americans are. >_>

...am I the only one with real problems concerning this video? The interviewees are absolutely tricked and taken advantage of. Picture yourself walking along by yourself, and suddenly this camera crew walks up to you and a strange old guy starts asking you questions. The only thing you're really going to be concerned about is how you appear on camera. If he starts grilling you with misleading questions about evolution and natural selection, you're going to probably spout off the answers that sound 'right'. There's no room for legitimate, subjective opinion. Eventually he traps you in a corner, and since you aren't in any away equipped with any kind of prepared response, you're forced into agreeing so that you won't look like an idiot in front of the camera.

I'm not saying that any of those 'conversions' were't legitimate... maybe some were. God can speak to someone's heart in any kind of circumstance. But I was mostly disgusted that some evangelicals apparently feel the need to stoop to manipulative means of witnessing to people.
I finished watching this video today (i had started like... 2 months ago, but never finished)

I thought it was very good except for what you mentioned, Jelly. That type of stuff does kind of irk me, but the thing is: it works. It may get people to change their view. ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:That type of stuff does kind of irk me, but the thing is: it works. It may get people to change their view.
If your view is something worth changing to you shouldn’t have to trick people into it.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

One thing I noticed about this movie was that he mostly picked on the younger, less educated (as evident) people who didn't know anything about Hitler. That itself destroys some credibility in this movie. I wish he would interview "pro choice" extremist and get into good debates with them.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

He probably isn't capable of 'good debates'. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Jelly wrote:He probably isn't capable of 'good debates'. :P
Now that's actually kind of rude and insulting. If he were on the board, "certain members" would pitch a fit.

Just saying, man.
gunblader3 wrote:One thing I noticed about this movie was that he mostly picked on the younger, less educated (as evident) people who didn't know anything about Hitler. That itself destroys some credibility in this movie. I wish he would interview "pro choice" extremist and get into good debates with them.
There was at least one person who knew about hitler. the man with the accent.

And the people he asked are pretty much what the world is putting out.. So while they may be a minority now, they will grow in numbers if nothing changes.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY

Post by 31899 »

Whitty Whit wrote:
Jelly wrote:He probably isn't capable of 'good debates'. :P
Now that's actually kind of rude and insulting. If he were on the board, "certain members" would pitch a fit.

Just saying, man.
Jellyfish is correct and his conclusion may be viewed through simple observation.

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

chills down my spine but I laughed a few
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I have a special fondness for 180 Movie. I've always been pro-life, but this movie is what really cemented the urgency in my head: thousands of innocent people are dying every single day, and it's completely legal. Shouldn't that deeply disturb us? And as you go beyond 180 and start looking further into the issue, the injustices keep compounding: a lack of accountability in the abortion industry, the hidden dangers and damages, and the unbelievable distortion of information in the media. Abortion is the silent holocaust of our society, and we need to stop downplaying the truth of the matter and admit that abortion is legalized murder--and then we need to stop it.

Post by 31899 »

It is not something that can be stopped. It happened before it was legal and it will continue to happen if it were to become illegal.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

You can't stop regular murder from happening either, but it doesn't keep people from trying. Besides, legalized abortion isn't all that helpful: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/27/refu ... abortions/ And hey, the US Supreme Court once ruled that slavery was legal. Nothing is impossible.

Post by 31899 »

[insert heavily opinionated article here] [Insert something of opinion here]
[insert comment about how logic has apparently become irrelevant in modern society]
[insert comment about how some would argue slavery is still legal in a different way in the U.S. and other "first world countries."]
Beware: Giant Squids of Anger!

Last edited by 31899 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.