Napoleon Dynamite cartoon?

never saw this coming

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Napoleon Dynamite cartoon?

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Did anyone post about this when it was released a few months back? I didn't see it 'til last night.

What do you guys think? Potential gem, or utter flop?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Napoleon Dynamite = spawn of satan. :x
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Jelly = brilliant.

SHOOT. ME. NOW.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

*sigh* I was hoping to find fellow fans... :mecry:

Have you seen ND Jelly, or are you just being your usual serious self?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Dude, who wants to watch some French playboy millitary guy run around blowing things up.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Of course I've seen it. I can distinctly remember staring at the screen while being surrounded by hysterical laughter, wondering how I could possibly be missing the humor in such mindless, deprived garbage.

..yeah, I have a strong opinion about these types of films. :noway:
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I thought it was actually quite funny.

Of course, there are two (or more) types of humor: intellectual humor, and stupid humor. And this movie falls into the stupid humor category.

Needless to say, I prefer intellectual humor any day.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

ric wrote:Of course, there are two (or more) types of humor: intellectual humor, and stupid humor. And this movie falls into the stupid humor category.

Needless to say, I prefer intellectual humor any day.
Thiiiis.

there's nothing worse then sitting in front of a screen wondering why you aren't doing something far more beneficial with your time.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Jelly wrote:Of course I've seen it. I can distinctly remember staring at the screen while being surrounded by hysterical laughter, wondering how I could possibly be missing the humor in such mindless, deprived garbage.

..yeah, I have a strong opinion about these types of films. :noway:
it's really not that bad, you make it sound like The Hangover or something... :anxious: I mean, it's basically very innocent, an awkward, geeky teenager has adventures with his friends Pedro and Deb, etc. I found it hilarious, though you obviously felt differently.

:shrugs: different sense of humour I guess.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

^^Except even if you find some of the content immoral, the Hangover is actually a well-written intellectual comedy that is actually funny.

Napoleon Dynamite was overhyped garbage. >_> Some friends of mine were obsessed with it and kept telling me it was my kind of movie and that I would love it... and it is really just awful. I typically like "stupid" comedy (I love Will Ferrell who basically makes a living off stupid comedy) but this was just too much.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:Some friends of mine were obsessed with it and kept telling me it was my kind of movie and that I would love it.
That’s exactly what some of my friends said! They lent me the dvd and I gave it back after about a month. Never ended up watching it.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Oookay... in retrospect, I think I shouldn't have left an option for negative feedback. I wouldn't have had any comments, but I also wouldn't be feeling like such an unrefined buffoon with poor taste in comedy. :(

This is like on my top three favourite movies list.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I like the movie, Smaug, sort of. \:D/ The second half annoyed me a little, but most of it amused me.

This TV show, however, looks like adult-cartoon-ified version of the movie.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Hey Smaug, I quite liked the movie, but I have to agree with AE on the cartoon.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: