Breaking Dawn

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shadowfax

Breaking Dawn

Post by Shadowfax »

What.. why is there no topic on this? lol. Who's gon' see it? \:D/

If you found this picture, send it to Jesus' Princess or Monty for a special prize!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Not me.

However. Sleeping at Last, a waaay epic band, has a song on the soundtrack. \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

lawl it's apparently even worse then all the others. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

No way, I don't even get what's so great about the twilight books, (not that I've read them, my cousin was telling me all about the books and I didn't get it.) much less a movie.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm more concerned by the women my age that think its the greatest thing ever. *shakes head at old schoolmates' Facebook statuses*
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm more concerned by the women my age that think its the greatest thing ever. *shakes head at old schoolmates' Facebook statuses*
THIS.

It's one thing for teenage girls to be crazy about Edward and Jacob, but all these "Twilight moms" freak me out. They must be in unhappy marriages or something and in desperate need of love.
Last edited by Aeva on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

lol you guys are no fun.

Top should take his wife to see it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jesus' Princess wrote:No way, I don't even get what's so great about the twilight books, (not that I've read them, my cousin was telling me all about the books and I didn't get it.) much less a movie.
You are not missing anything by not reading the books. I read up to Chapter 17 of the first book and had to stop. Haven't picked them up since nor seen any of the movies.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Shadowfax wrote:lol you guys are no fun.

Top should take his wife to see it.
She would divorce me if I tried to take her to that terrible mess. :noway:
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Breaking Dawn? And here I thought it was Breaking Wind...:-k

You know, if the roles were reversed and we had 40 year old men screaming for 17 year old girls, reactions would be quite different. Speaking of which, a friend of my mother's went to see New Moon with her daughter and there were these middle-aged women swooning every time Shirtless!Jacob appeared on-screen. Seriously, ladies, act your age.

Fangirls--and not just Twilight fangirls--almost make me embarrassed to be a girl. (Almost--I'm an HP fangirl, so what would I know? ;) )
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Saw it at midnight. Made crude commentary the whole way through. :P No regrets.

Jacob takes his shirt off like, ten minutes in. Everyone in my theater went "HOT!" I went "... no. Ew." I think Robert Pattinson is a fantastic actor. Just... not in Twilight. At all. In fact, he doesn't even like Twilight. Score one for him. lol!

I didn't pay for my ticket, so I really don't regret going to the midnight showing. Twilight is losing its ground. Making the last book into two movies - while will gain a lot of money for the franchise - was a terrible move. This first part was less than two hours long, and I'm sure the second one will be the same. o.0 The second one will also be much more exciting. Go figure. They could have put the whole book into one movie and been done with it. But, of course, in that business, it is all about how much money they can make. And with Twilight... that's the aim, honestly. Not every movie or franchise is like that, no. But Twilight already has a bad story line. Why drag it out further than it already is necessary to do? o.0 Oi.

lol. Tiger. It's Breaking Dawn. Have yet to understand any of the title names myself actually... huh.
TigerintheShadows

Oh, I know it's Breaking Dawn, but Breaking Wind is about as much good as it does.

See, at least with Harry Potter, splitting the last book into two movies was an actually decent move. Both parts are action the whole way through, and it's an actually decent storyline. With Twilight, however...I mean, how much was really in part one? From what you said, Danielle, obviously not much. They're just ripping off Harry Potter and doing likely a worse job of it.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TigerintheShadows wrote:They're just ripping of Harry Potter
I thought it was their idea first?
TigerintheShadows

Whose? The Twilight makers or the Harry Potter makers? And at any rate, honestly, that was a bit hasty. I don't think they were really intending to rip off the Potter films, but they set themselves up for those accusations, and just because Meyer thought it was good enough to be split into a two parter doesn't mean it's actually that way. This is also the woman who claimed that her writing was better than Shakespeare's.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

One question.

Does Edward always look like a hardcore geek with eye liner?
Just look at that hair-do...and his pants are kinda high-riding...
TigerintheShadows

They remind me of my brother and his hiking pants. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Here's an article I thought was quite interesting: http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture ... ot-vampire
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Whose? The Twilight makers or the Harry Potter makers?
I thought Twilight decided to split their movie first. I heard they were going to do it like a year ago, I didn’t know Harry Potter was until it came out.
TigerintheShadows

Oh, Harry Potter makers made it known quite a while before it came out. I don't know how long, mind you, but we fangeeks knew for a while.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Harry Potter ripped off the Hobbit. ;)

I will most likely see this movie when it comes out on DVD... I've seen the other three already, and I could use something to laugh at. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein