The Muppets

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

The Muppets

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I went to see the movie last night with my family, because we're big Muppet fans, and we were not disappointed. The songs are hilarious, the characters still got it...it's a great film, in my opinion. It's made me nostalgic for all the old Muppet shows and movies.

Has anyone else been awesome and seen it? \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Of course. \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I tend to be awesome all the time, and we also saw the movie yesterday. Day after my birthday present. \:D/ I adore Muppets. :inlove:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have not seen it yet but I really, really want to. I did not want to see it over Thanksgiving weekend. I'll probably go see it this week.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I would... But I am broke. I will probably get it from the library. I still remember season 1.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
TigerintheShadows

I remember watching old tapes of The Muppet Show with my brother (who used to be a Muppet enthusiast). I also remember that it really just wasn't Christmas without the Muppet Christmas Carol and I used to sit downstairs and eat apples like Gonzo and Rizzo do (or, Gonzo sells and Rizzo eats) at the beginning of the movie and I would eat the apple while I watched. \:D/ Good times, good times.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Knight Fisher wrote:I would... But I am broke. I will probably get it from the library. I still remember season 1.
We recently bought Season 1 and watched a lot of it over Thanksgiving.... it was okay. Sometimes it was really funny, but they had so many musical numbers that just dragged on. They weren't even trying to be funny. It was strange. :p
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Post by Ryan Matlock »

I might go see it. I am not sure. But I would like to. The Muppets are funny.:)

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
RyanHoots
Not as new

Post by RyanHoots »

RyanCummings wrote:I might go see it. I am not sure. But I would like to. The Muppets are funny.:)
I agree wholeheartedly. :D
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

For those who dont know, our very own Aria Noelle Curzon plays the waitress in the diner scene with Amy Adams. I saw her, but did not realize it was her until I saw IMDB last night. I will look for her as I make rounds today.

the movie is great and so funny. I love it. I have always loved the Muppets since I was a baby. They are soo great.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
TigerintheShadows

I saw that in the credits! \:D/ I was like, "Wow! Awesomeness!"
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got to see The Muppets today! \:D/ Yay! I was really looking forward to it, and I was not disappointed! I definitely recommend it. It was great to see Aria Curzon's appearance in the movie. The movie overall was a ton of fun! I love gentle humour and singing and dancing and Muppet goodness! \:D/ It was everything that a Muppet movie should be. I left wanting to see the movie again. It was great.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

No offense, but isn't The Muppets a kiddie show? I haven't seen it since I was 3! Though, if it has Aria Curzon in it, I'll probably see it. My brother will laugh at me, though.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

CammillaFan wrote:No offense, but isn't The Muppets a kiddie show? I haven't seen it since I was 3! Though, if it has Aria Curzon in it, I'll probably see it. My brother will laugh at me, though.
The Muppets has never been kiddie. :noway:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
TigerintheShadows

Knight Fisher wrote:
CammillaFan wrote:No offense, but isn't The Muppets a kiddie show? I haven't seen it since I was 3! Though, if it has Aria Curzon in it, I'll probably see it. My brother will laugh at me, though.
That, CammillaFan, is Sesame Street, not The Muppets. People of all ages have always enjoyed it. And besides, considering the show that this is a fan forum of, I'm not sure if any of us have too much of a right to interpret something as "kiddie". ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Hmm, I have been sheltered from Muppets. You see, my brother, in influential ways, influenced me to grow up too fast. Now I ask him before I get movies from the library. I gave up barbies when I was 7 years old. My brother will laugh if I get it from the library. I've always been under his influence. Help me!!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Going to see it with a friend tomorrow ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
That, CammillaFan, is Sesame Street, not The Muppets. People of all ages have always enjoyed it. And besides, considering the show that this is a fan forum of, I'm not sure if any of us have too much of a right to interpret something as "kiddie". ;)
that is a very good point, Tiger :)
TigerintheShadows

I have those once in awhile. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I have those once in awhile. ;)
:hilarious:

OMIGOOODNESS! I still have to go see this! I want to see it so bad!

Animal is the best Muppet ever.

And: CamillaFan, I recommend you kick your brother in the shins. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.