The Hobbit: That Christopher Tolkien Did Not Like

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

The Hobbit: That Christopher Tolkien Did Not Like

Post by Knight Fisher »

The epic awesome trailer came out! \:D/ Move along little doggie tin-tin. Get out Breaking Dawn. We've got some dishes to crack! Who is ready for some Hobbity-Gandalfness? On a minor side note if you screw this up Peter Jackson I'm about 1,000,000,000,001 on the list to kill you. How dare you take out my favorite part of the Lord of the Rings. SHAME! :x

Trailer:

Detour:

Critic: Players must watch a movie(something family-friendly) and review it, providing a 500 word review.

OR

Politician: Players must prepare a 250 word speech on why they should be the next Mayor or Chief of Police.

Send your submission to the leg runner to receive your next clue.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Great, the most boring three movies in history gets two more in the series! \:D/
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Top, I will not dignify that comment with a response :P

I was just telling my brother that this was coming out this week, and here it is! Wow! I think it looks promising. And we have to wait a whole year for this?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I scrambled to find this trailer, tumblr gave it to me, the internet went out, then finally let me watch it - I'm dancing around my room. Too many awesome actors to count, along with Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage, and kalsjdflkajsdf The last time I was this excited for a trailer was... the Avengers. lol.

PS: I also can't sit through the other three movies. I tried getting through the first one - couldn't. 30 minutes in and going "I HAVE 2 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES TO GO1 :(" Needless to say, this looks FAR more awesome and exciting. lol.

And Knight Fisher, ya, you would be right on that count - though, I doubt he'll mess up. The trailer looks EPIC.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Just out of curiosity, KF your favorite part wouldn't have been the scouring of the shire would it?
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

OOOOOH MIIIII GOOOOSH.

I just saw this on Facebook and rushed over to post it. :- Hehe, KF beat me to it.

THEY HAVE THE SONG IN THERE. THEY'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO SING.

THE DWARVES. EEP.

THE MUSIC.

:thud:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Great, the most boring three movies in history gets two more in the series! \:D/
Where's Jelly when Top needs to be put in his place? :x

To be honest, that trailer was boring. It was trying to create nostalgia and fun characters, yet lacked excitement or mystery. I was hoping for more (something to wow me). Nevertheless, I'm super excited for these movies and this teaser certainly had promise.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Just out of curiosity, KF your favorite part wouldn't have been the scouring of the shire would it?
Oh, just maybe. After all it just happens to be what the ENTIRE BOOK IS REALLY ABOUT! :insane:

Top do you wish to be burned at the stake.

AE it probably would have been better if they hadn't had to show all the Dwarves. And remember half of it is about Gandalf. The real question of the day is what on earth is Galadriel doing to Gandalf's hair?

I personally would prefer it instead of Bilbo reading to Frodo. Sam reading the red book to his kids. And then they could make a special edition of the Lord of The Rings that way combining it.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

I am so excited for the Hobbit! :) Although I have no idea how I'm suppose to wait until next December.
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Just out of curiosity, KF your favorite part wouldn't have been the scouring of the shire would it?
Oh, just maybe. After all it just happens to be what the ENTIRE BOOK IS REALLY ABOUT! :insane:

AE it probably would have been better if they hadn't had to show all the Dwarves. And remember half of it is about Gandalf. The real question of the day is what on earth is Galadriel doing to Gandalf's hair?

I personally would prefer it instead of Bilbo reading to Frodo. Sam reading the red book to his kids. And then they could make a special edition of the Lord of The Rings that way combining it.
Remember when Gandalf leaves them at Mirkwood? He goes to Du G-somethingorother and meets up with the White Council. So they're taking artistic license and showing it. *shrugs*
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Knight Fisher wrote:
I totally agree, that part was what I really missed from the third movie as well.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Termite wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:

Remember when Gandalf leaves them at Mirkwood? He goes to Du G-somethingorother and meets up with the White Council. So they're taking artistic license and showing it. *shrugs*
Yeah I know that but why is she playing with his hair?
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

IT COMES OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm trying not to watch it for my 5th time.

This is gonna be epic... :inlove:

But what's up with Galadriel and Gandalf??

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm assuming the book didn't include a Gandalf/Galadriel romance...? ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

There definitely was not a romance between Gandalf and Galadriel, and I don't think there will be one in this film. :p I'm inclined to believe that she was just trying to reassure him in her odd, elvish way.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah... Peter Jackson knows his stuff. :P I don't think he would so strangely twist the story line.
Love you always, SnC
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Termite wrote:Yeah... Peter Jackson knows his stuff. :P I don't think he would so strangely twist the story line.
Then why did he kill off Saruman?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Aeva wrote:There definitely was not a romance between Gandalf and Galadriel, and I don't think there will be one in this film. :p I'm inclined to believe that she was just trying to reassure him in her odd, elvish way.
I hope so immensely. And anyway...isn't...Galadriel...married? :P
American Eagle wrote:I'm assuming the book didn't include a Gandalf/Galadriel romance...? ;)
You're assuming? As in...you haven't read any of the books?
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

The Kings Daughter wrote: I hope so immensely. And anyway...isn't...Galadriel...married? :P
I was wondering what that part with Galadriel and Gandalf was all about... O.o Although I do believe she is married, so it's probably just her being... all....elfy? ;) But my mom pointed out that she may not have been married in the Hobbit, since it is years and years before Lord of the Rings.

Still... I hope it's nothing... Because I just can't see it.
Last edited by God's Daughter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!