The Hobbit: That Christopher Tolkien Did Not Like

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I kept waiting for him to die the entire movie.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

YOU HEARTLESS MAN!!!!
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Yeah I'm not sure why he needed so much screen time. I felt like he was only there to demonstrate how base and terrible human nature can truly be, which seemed kind of pointless after a few scenes....

But can we also talk about Bilbo's reaction when he meets Thranduil in the tent? :lol:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

T.S. (myself) wrote:I kept waiting for him to die the entire movie.
ME TOO O_O
Yeah, the Taurikili thing was unacceptable.

The White Council was pretty epic... for the 5 minutes of screen time they had. >_<

The movie was basically a 2 1/2 hour fight scene. No. Plot. Ugh. And the Pale Orc. Bleh.

I feel like Alfred was there for comic relief. And he was quite funny... until that last scene with the gold... that was waaaaay unnecessary.

Dain though, Dain was pretty great xD

I wanted Thorin, Fili, and Kili to die, but I really didn't think it would affect me so much. Nor that it would be so... gruesome. :p
I pretty much disliked it. I hope that Peter Jackson Doctor Who episode never happens. He already ruined a great book. I won't let him near my favorite show. ;)

But yes, we can talk about Bilbo's reaction. :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Yeah, my reaction to Alfrid was basically as follows:
Yes, Bard is finally in charge now.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Very good point.

Really? Go do something helpful.

Okay...

Why are you still alive?

Die now. :x
I'm going to put this in spoilers too:
I wasn't extremely bothered by the prevalent amount of fighting. If the movie had less fighting, it would probably have a completely unnecessary side-plot without founding in the book. However, it would have been nice to get a better ending. The last fifteen minutes were not satisfying.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It's no secret that I've been unceasingly bewildered by the tragedy that I believe to be Jackson's Hobbit trilogy, and this video essay does a really excellent job at articulating how the Hobbit films got it wrong (where the Lord of the Rings films got it right):

Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait