BBC Robin Hood Fan Club Thread

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

BBC Robin Hood Fan Club Thread

Post by Knight Fisher »

Since we obviously need one of these to get the unbelievers. Here are some testimonies.
Robin Hood really touched my life. It's what encouraged me to save 93 people from a fire.
Robin Hood was great family time together. We had tons of fun guessing what would happen next.
Marian is awesome.
Pitch, burns hot and fast.
Since I watched Robin Hood I know exactly what to do if someone gets stabbed in the gut!
Why haven't you watched it? :x If you have. Come tell us how much you like it! \:D/ Discuss away!

* moderator's note - a very brief previous thread for this show can be found here
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've only finished the first season, but I love it! I didn't like how cold Marian seemed towards Robin, but I'm glad that changed. (I don't usually like when one person in a potentially romantic couple doesn't seem to love the other person as much as that person loves them.) Anyway, I already want to watch the first one(s) again \:D/

I think it ended on a good note; and may I happily say that with Robin and Marian finally getting together it was a very good two parter for an ending. :)
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Season 2 is even better in my opinion. \:D/ A lot more character development. :yes:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Ah, Robin Hood! :inlove:

I love this thread \:D/
Knight Fisher wrote:Season 2 is even better in my opinion. \:D/ A lot more character development. :yes:
Season two is my favorite. The stories, acting, characters, etc. It's awesome.
Shennifer wrote:I've only finished the first season, but I love it! I didn't like how cold Marian seemed towards Robin, but I'm glad that changed. (I don't usually like when one person in a potentially romantic couple doesn't seem to love the other person as much as that person loves them.) Anyway, I already want to watch the first one(s) again \:D/

I think it ended on a good note; and may I happily say that with Robin and Marian finally getting together it was a very good two parter for an ending. :)
Thay are quite adorable. And Marian loved Robin even more than he loved her :x She just wasn't as public about it, at first \:D/ Besides, she was protecting her life.

And Jonas Armstrong is really cute :- ...so is Richard Armitage. (Guy) Oh, and Clive Standen (Archer), while we're at it \:D/ And Keith Allen (the Sheriff) is such a great actor 8-)
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed, Jonas Armstrong and Richard Armitage are both quite handsome :inlove: too bad Gisborne is one of the villians. Although, when he wanted to marry Marion, I actually thought for awhile that he was being genuinely nice.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

:highfive:

See, I don't always consider Guy a villian...there are moments when he really tries to be helpful. (To Marian, mostly :p )
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

After the first episode of season one you'll see how much fun the actor who plays the Sheriff really has. :badgrin:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

And his tooth thing \:D/

"A clue. No."

Great actor, I keep saying \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I....am sufficiently bummed because I just finished season 2. And may I just say that a part of me (albiet conflicted) wanted Marion and Guy to be together, since he really did love her. But in the end, I do love Robin and Marion, I just wish the whole Guy loving Marion didn't interfere. And I wanted Marion to stop leading Guy on.

Anyway, I'm sad, even though I've looked ahead and see that at the end of next season, Marion apparently is there....though granted I have no idea how or why. I do think this was a good end to season 2 though, despite the sadness. :)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Shennifer wrote:I....am sufficiently bummed because I just finished season 2. And may I just say that a part of me (albiet conflicted) wanted Marion and Guy to be together, since he really did love her. But in the end, I do love Robin and Marion, I just wish the whole Guy loving Marion didn't interfere. And I wanted Marion to stop leading Guy on.

Anyway, I'm sad, even though I've looked ahead and see that at the end of next season, Marion apparently is there....though granted I have no idea how or why. I do think this was a good end to season 2 though, despite the sadness. :)
Yeah that part was really sad. And don't get your hopes up about Marion in season 3. It's just about fifteen seconds.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

And when she IS there it's not the greatest episode.

I love Robin Hood, season two was my favorite as well, it had a lot more of the characters who were shy and didn't do much (Will) more involved in it, which I really liked. I still re-watch season 1 and 2 over and over again. :) I personally don't even like season 3 (AT ALL), It just isn't the same and really depressing...
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Yeah, I didn't like season 3 much either (I hate it when whole seasons of shows I love go downhill-- that happened with Prison Break s3 and some others I can't think of right now...).

But I love the show overall! I found it on YouTube and was totally addicted to it. Then I watched it when it was on PBS-- Now it's on Netflix instant and I might catch some episodes if Mom doesn't cancel NF...(again)

I wish there were more seasons of Robin Hood. :(
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EvangelineWalker wrote:I wish there were more seasons of Robin Hood. :(
This. Yeah season 3 wasn't that great. But they had to end it. But the first two seasons are probably one of the best tv shows this decade. But as long as we carry and spread the memory it lives on. We are Robin Hood! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Knight Fisher wrote:
EvangelineWalker wrote:I wish there were more seasons of Robin Hood. :(
This. Yeah season 3 wasn't that great. But they had to end it. But the first two seasons are probably one of the best tv shows this decade. But as long as we carry and spread the memory it lives on. We are Robin Hood! \:D/
I'll probably finish it even though I do feel a bit depressed. I wish Marion hadn't died...oh well.

And yes, We are Robin Hood! *raises glass*

God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

My cousin told me that it's being taken off of instant play on Netflix... :/
Image]
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

God's_Daughter wrote:My cousin told me that it's being taken off of instant play on Netflix... :/
It's being taken off on 1-31. I'm going to start watching it once I finsh Downton Abbey(a PBS show) but I'll have to speed watch it in a week......

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Uh oh! This be bad. :( Yes! Speed watch. :yes:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Shennifer wrote:I....am sufficiently bummed because I just finished season 2. And may I just say that a part of me (albiet conflicted) wanted Marion and Guy to be together, since he really did love her. But in the end, I do love Robin and Marion, I just wish the whole Guy loving Marion didn't interfere. And I wanted Marion to stop leading Guy on.
I am not ashamed to admit that I cried my eyes out at the end of Season 2. Marian's last words... :mecry:
And then Will stayed behind! That was sad :(
Knight Fisher wrote:Yeah that part was really sad. And don't get your hopes up about Marion in season 3. It's just about fifteen seconds.
Fifteen beautiful seconds :) She was so happy!
God's_Daughter wrote:I personally don't even like season 3 (AT ALL), It just isn't the same and really depressing...
THIS. Season 3 was awful :x
Knight Fisher wrote:But the first two seasons are probably one of the best tv shows this decade.
Mmmm, I don't think that you could say that. Robin Hood was grand, but not over-the-top-phenomenal ;) There were a lot of historical errors and the storylines became corny every once in a while.
Graces4you wrote:It's being taken off on 1-31. I'm going to start watching it once I finsh Downton Abbey(a PBS show) but I'll have to speed watch it in a week......
NO! :insane: This is an outrage!

(Side note, my parents adore that show \:D/ The actress who plays Kate from Robin Hood is in Downton Abbey.)
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

I agree, speed watch!!
Image]
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:But the first two seasons are probably one of the best tv shows this decade.
Mmmm, I don't think that you could say that. Robin Hood was grand, but not over-the-top-phenomenal ;) There were a lot of historical errors and the storylines became corny every once in a while.
Yes there were a ton of historical errors. But overall (Especially with the soundtrack.) It was probably top 15 since it began.