2012 Movie Contest: The 2nd Bracket!! (Results: pg. 2)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which FOUR of these movies are you most interested in?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:51 pm

The Amazing Spider-Man
19%
The Avengers
19%
Battleship
2%
Django Unchained
3%
Frankenweenie
2%
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance
3%
Great Hope Springs
No votes
Ice Age: Continental Drift
12%
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
10%
Mirror Mirror
9%
The Secret World of Arrietty
5%
Taken 2
3%
Titanic (in 3D)
7%
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Part Two)
3%
Wreck-It Ralph
2%

Total votes: 58

American Eagle
Chief of Police
2012 Movie Contest: The 2nd Bracket!! (Results: pg. 2)

Post by American Eagle »

v READ BELOW BEFORE YOU VOTE. v
Welcome to the SECOND bracket of the Grand 2012 Film Anticipation contest! \:D/ Have a look at the descriptions of the 16 films in this poll, consider which ones you're most interested in viewing, and then vote for them! You have up to 4 votes.

The Avengers
"Assembling" of some of the most popular superheroes, such as Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk.
Battleship
Science fiction naval war film based on the game of "Battleship". Directed by Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights, The Rundown, Hancock).
Django Unchained
Western about a slave-turned-bounty hunter who sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Samuel L. Jackson, among others.
Frankenweenie
Black-and-white stop motion-animated film by Tim Burton (The Nightmare Before Christmas, 9, Alice in Wonderland). After losing his beloved dog Sparky, Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his dog back to life—with a few adjustments.
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance
Superhero/horror film; sequel to 2007's Ghost Rider. It is directed by Neveldine/Taylor (Crank, Gamer) and stars Nicolas Cage. Image
Great Hope Springs
Comedy/drama starring Meryl Streep, Steve Carell and Tommy Lee Jones. After thirty years of marriage, a middle-aged couple attends an intense counseling weekend to decide the fate of their marriage. No photos are available, so here's the three stars:
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Fourth film in the Ice Age saga. Scrat splits up the continents; I don't know much else about the story. ;)Image
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Sequel to 2008's Journey to the Center of the Earth, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michael Caine, Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens. Sean Anderson accompanies his stepfather to find his grandfather who went missing while exploring a lost island.
Mirror Mirror
Fantasy film based on ‘’Snow White’’ and starring Julia Roberts as The Queen.
The Secret World of Arrietty
A Japanese animated film based on the novel of The Borrowers. Produced by Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, Ponyo) and released in the US by Disney.
Taken 2
Sequel to 2008's Taken.
Titanic (in 3D)
3D re-release of the highest grossing film of all-time, starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. A big boat sinks and most of the people die.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Part Two)
The FINAL film (I hope) in the Twilight series.
Wreck-It Ralph
Made by Walt Disney Animation, and I don't know what it's about. It is directed by the former animation director of The Simpsons and Futurama, so take that as you will.
Now that you've had a chance to learn EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW about these films, which four interests you the most? Vote! \:D/ If you aren't interested in 4 of them, you may vote for 3, 2 or 1. If you're not interested in any of them, OH WELL! :x

What movies are you anticipating?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The only one I'm even slightly interested in is The Secret World of Arrietty. And then only because its Studio Ghibli.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

The Amazing Spider-Man looks cool just because of the trailer being such awesome 'quality'. ;) The Avengers I'm interested to see, but I don't have high expectations for. :shrugs:

And I must find someone who will take tissues with me to see the Titanic. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Mirror Mirror and Arietty 'cause they have cool names.

I know nothing whatsoever about them though. :-
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

The Kings Daughter wrote: And I must find someone who will take tissues with me to see the Titanic. :yes:
Me, Me! \:D/

Really none of these titles look that great to me, Titanic 3D should be good.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

The Avengers! I can't wait for it. :D
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Next to the two obvious ones, Spiderman and Avengers, the upcoming Quentin Tarantino film appears to be the only one of the ballet with any real promise. :| Tim Burton's animated ventures haven't been necessarily terrible, but I haven't been the biggest fan.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Jesus' Princess wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote: And I must find someone who will take tissues with me to see the Titanic. :yes:

Awesome! We should like, wear something awesome to the first showing or something. ;) As soon as we get done working out teleport. \:D/ I'm hoping to wear capes with friends to the Star Wars movie. \:D/

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:

Awesome! We should like, wear something awesome to the first showing or something. ;) As soon as we get done working out teleport. \:D/ I'm hoping to wear capes with friends to the Star Wars movie. \:D/
yes, that teleport must happen soon. :yes:

Capes? that would be cool \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jelly wrote:...the only one of the ballet with any real promise.
LOL ballet.

Yeah the Avengers is really the only one I'm very interested in here. Others have some potential, though.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jelly does ballet? \:D/

The preview for "Mirror Mirror" looked interesting...but I'm not planning on spending $10-$12 to go see it in theatres :|
*insert provocative quote here*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Jelly does ballet? \:D/

The preview for "Mirror Mirror" looked interesting...but I'm not planning on spending $10-$12 to go see it in theatres :|
Girl, if you have to pay that much you really do need to move here. ;) Matinee is $4 where we go.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

:( See, that's not fair!

My theatre overcharges me! :x
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

$4?? I need to move where you are too! Our theater charges like $9for a matinee and more for an evening show... I don't go to the theater much.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Jesus' Princess wrote:$4?? I need to move where you are too! Our theater charges like $9for a matinee and more for an evening show... I don't go to the theater much.
And that's not even mentioning 3D and IMAX prices :x (But I'm not a big fan of 3D anyways, so... :p )
Jesus' Princess wrote:I don't go to the theater much.
Same here ;) Most movies simply aren't worth the money and time. If I'm really interested in a film, I can get it on Netflix for free, or go to Redbox and watch it for $2 \:D/ WIN.

Except for those rare occasions when an epic friend offers to pay for my ticket \:D/
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

The only one of these I'm allowed to see is Ice Age: Continental Drift, which I'm not very interested in, But I voted for it anyways.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Jelly wrote:...the only one of the ballet with any real promise.
LOL ballet.
My misspellings always wind up embarrassing me in the worst ways. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Jesus' Princess wrote:$4?? I need to move where you are too! Our theater charges like $9for a matinee and more for an evening show... I don't go to the theater much.
By all means! ;D
Musical Shutterbug wrote:My theatre overcharges me! :x
Sue them. :x

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote:My theatre overcharges me! :x
Sue them. :x
Yes, PJ style ;)
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Amazing Spider Man, The Avengers, Battleship, and Ice Age Continental Drift. (Even though the 2nd and 3rd were terrible)