Touch

Fox did it again

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay, now we’re getting somewhere. Kiefer can finally trust the police to look into AsterCorps and Avram is closing in on the sleep study.

They’re going old school with timing connections here. Avram and Jake meet with the guy looking for the doctor in the sleep study, not so they can help him, directly, but to set up the time he walks out on them so he bumps the cyclist and makes him drop that case. Returning it allows them to be at the right place at the right time to find the doctor. Except that they lose him, and then the bad guys get Avram. So did that sequence work out or not? It didn’t seem to go the way it was supposed to, unless Avram was meant to be captured. Maybe he needs to do something from the inside later.

Then of course AsterCorps covers their tracks, and even sets Kiefer up. So I don’t know if the police are still in or not now. Hoodie guy got him out of jail so he can keep working, but he may be back to being on his own.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So the doctor dies then. If the sleep study is the Nest of Seven, they’re back to six again now.
(A few minutes after typing that sentence Kiefer says essentially the same thing.)
Ah, so I was right.

Ha, nice try by the AsterCorps lady to spin all this as an attempt to save the companies for the sake of the employees’ jobs. It has nothing to do with avoiding a huge financial loss by the corporation. Trying to compare what they’re doing to how hoodie guy did what he did to help his brother.
Oh my gosh, and hoodie guy bought it! He’s going to her with stuff on the sleep study saying the guy in charge is cutting corners as if she’ll realize this is dangerous and shut it down. Dude, she’s the one behind everything, she already knows.

This was an action episode, the only number clue was what Jake gave Trevor so he would know which locker the passkey was in so they could escape the facility.

Going into the final episode everything is coming to a head. The sleep study has been shut down, the police are finally full in on things, and oh yeah, both kids have been captured. I have no idea how this is going to go down.

I have to say, as much as I’ve been apathetic about this season, I have actually enjoyed these last two episodes. I think it’s because things are finally falling in place.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay, I finally watched the final episode.

So this whole thing is just about money. AsterCorps wanted the sequence so they could predict stock and trade deals.

Woah, so the people who took Avram weren't with the bad guys after all, they know what's going on. They're a group meant to observe the 36 and pulled him out because he overstepped and began 'interfering'.

Jake leaves the number with Kiefer before the crash so he would know which alias to track down. AsterCrorps (I assume that's who revoked the bail) tries to tie up Kiefer again, but the police are finally on his side.

The return of the toy car was a nice touch. (No pun intended.)

Hoodie guy tries to help the kids escape but doesn't quite make it. Kiefer gets onto the ship but not before AsterCorps completes the Sequence. He and hoodie guy get to the kids and AsterCrops guy locks out AsterCorps lady so she can't put the algorithm into the system. I guess every employee isn't evil. The authorities show up just in time and round everyone up. Hoodie guy's brother dies just as he could finally save him, that's harsh. Amelia is no longer one of the 36 for some reason, though Jake still is apparently. Hoodie guy gets arrested as well, I really didn't see that coming. Kiefer takes in Amelia until he can find her dad. Avram leaves, which was sad, but apparently the Rabbi was right or at least he thinks he was and he can't interact with them anymore. Kiefer becomes the protector of the 36 until Jake is old enough. The FBI locks the cipher away so this, hopefully, never happens again. And Jake... still doesn't speak. Though his closing narration implies that he'll finally begin to.

I have to say, although the finale was a complete wrap-up, it didn't seem very fulfilling after everything that's happened. It seemed too easy and straightforward a resolution to all the complex drama that led up to it. But all the bad guys got what was coming to them and all the good guys (that are still alive) got their lives back, so I guess it works.

So, thoughts on the show now that it's finished. First season was good. Second season, like a completely different show. Not fun to watch anymore, just mildly interesting. Only worth following through if you want to see how everything is going to get resolved.