Touch

Fox did it again

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Closer was an interesting episode. It also had no external storylines beyond the continued tracking down of seers by the crazy guy and filling in of the AsterCrops story. I think most episodes this season will probably be like that, now that they’re finally putting pieces together.

I’m confused by crazy guy’s motivation. In the first episode it seemed like he was tracking the seers down for being seers, but this time it seemed that being was okay, it was when they tried to deny or ignore their gift that set him off. But if that’s the case why would he go after Jake? He’s certainly not one of those, he’s using his gift.

Then we’ve got hoodie guy’s new friend who Kiefer wants to use to get information but AsterCorps kidnaps his father so they have to save him first. That leads to the amazing shadow sculpture of Amelia, which was weird because how did he know about her, but was a sign that they’re on the right track.

An old librarian lady seems to be in some kind of trouble and having to go into hiding, but is revealed to actually be taking over care for Amelia, what in the world is happening there?

And another new character, the Solé girl. I first thought she was only included as a reference to the sun, pointing to that sculpture, but when she reappeared later I knew there must be more to it, and sure enough it turned out that her grandfather is the librarian lady’s boyfriend. That will surely be what’s going to finally lead them to Amelia eventually.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

So far the season has yet to really go somewhere. Hopefully this third kidnapping changes that.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Enemy of My Enemy almost had an external connection going, but not really. It was sort of half and half. Because they did have the outside storyline of preventing the slain seer’s sister’s suicide, (that alliteration was not planned by the way, it just came out like that), but actually that was part of the inside story of continuing to learn about the crazy killer.

On the other side Kiefer finally has a way into AsterCorps but needs the passcard of some lady who ends up imprisoned thanks to her own profiling program. Though it was hinted that the results may have been fudged since the company was getting concerned about her. So they save her and now they should be able to start getting some real information.

They finally got a solid lead on Amelia, though the evidence is just circumstantial. But that’s definitely better than nothing after all this time. And librarian lady is hoodie guy’s mom? I ask again, what in the world is happening there? It looks like AsterCorps lost Amelia and he took her in because he knows she’s a fellow seer, but he seems to have his own ulterior motives at work, almost like research of his own he wants to do with her. Strange.

And Jake is going to school now? I wonder how that will work out.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I saw episode seven. It was... rather pointless. The guy finally shows up and he gets away. Giving me the feeling that it is not going to be resolved until the finale if ever.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I am really confused.

We’ve got Kiefer finally getting the files he’s after, but striking a deal with AsterCorps to do so. He knows hoodie guy is the one with Amelia, so why would he do something that will lead them to his house? That’s so stupid. Unless he didn’t know they were loading a tracking device on the computer. But what else would they have been doing?

And he has hoodie guy’s admission Amelia’s with him but not why. Dead end there. And he wants to get Jake now. What is this guy’s deal? And why did Kiefer lie to Amelia’s mom? Probably because he doesn’t want her going after him like she went to the police, but I don’t see how this is going to work out if they’re not honest with each other. And that goes the other way too, with her lying that she didn’t go to the police.

The only real information we got was on crazy guy. I thought he was one of the seers killing off the rest, but apparently he’s an outsider killing off them all. And he is also after Jake next.

And it looks like school is doing Jake good. He’s interacting better, and was even touched.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Finally! Things are starting to make sense.
Hoodie guy is doing brain research to find a cure for his brother. So he is a good guy in motive, his questionable practices are because he wants to use seers in his research to speed the breakthrough but to do so has to be able to study them privately. I still don’t know if they can trust him, but at least now we can understand what his deal is.

And I was actually right the first time, crazy guy is a seer. But that makes his story more confusing. It clears up the question from a few episodes ago about whether it’s a seer using or ignoring their gift that sets him off. It would be when they use it, because to him that’s putting themselves over God. But then why did he go after that former composer? He had stopped. Maybe because he had used it in the past and once was too many, even if they were no longer active. But doesn’t that mean he will have to kill himself after he finds all the others? Because he’s using his gift to recognize what others have it.
And something else that doesn’t make sense is according to the lore of the 36, in real life at least, when one dies another person takes over. So there are always 36, you can’t just kill them off like this guy. So his mission is impossible. But maybe this show’s version isn’t the same.

And then they finally had Amelia, she was right there, and then she was taken again. Are you kidding me?! >_>
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Did this show die since 24 is coming back? >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This show is done, but I don't know if that was before or after that news.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Broken was another half and half episode. It had an external connection, the rescue of that hiker, but it was part of the main storyline, that crazy guy. It was weird to have the villain be a hero for an episode.

Finally caught up to hoodie guy, but wasn’t able to make anything come of it. I’m glad Amelia’s mom wasn’t planning to go through with the trade of Jake, she sure had me fooled though.

Then not only does the deal fall through, but librarian lady is killed and Amelia is taken back by AsterCorps. I assume that’s who did it anyway, since they were tracking him to the house.

I’m sensing a pattern here, and it’s getting kind of old. Follow clues, figure them out, get really close, get setback, repeat. Something substantial better happen soon, continuing like this just seems like trying to stretch the story out for more episodes. Or then again, maybe that’s the point. They could be doing this repetition on purpose to illustrate the show’s overall premise that life follows patterns.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I got bored of it. The show just lost everything that made it any good in season one.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I agree. The second season was like a totally different show. But I had to stick with it to see how (or at this point it looks like if >_> ) everything would be resolved.

-- 08 Jul 2013 02:50 pm --

Ghosts was a dark episode. Pun intended. (Because the power was out.) But seriously, it was in mood as well. Crazy guy finally tracks Jake down, and while he doesn’t manage to kill him he takes out quite a few other people. Which I suppose precludes any chance at redemption because as Avram said, if he strays from his ‘mission’ to kill only the 36 then he’s just a murderer. Not that I thought there was a chance for redemption, but, you know, this makes it official.

Thought we were finally rid of him, but nope he gets away at the end. Seriously? Really? The dude took nine bullets, not to mention a fall from the rooftop, a beat down with a pipe wrench, and a stab in the leg. Talk about never making any real progress. Can’t get Amelia when she’s just feet away and can’t kill the bad guy. >_>

And apparently the seers have a telepathic thing going on. Kind of makes you wonder why they didn’t use it before, it would have made things a whole lot easier.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Progress at last!
Jake isn’t not talking because he doesn’t want to, it’s because he physically can’t! That makes so many things make sense now.
Also, hoodie guy is finally working with them, not alongside them. Hopefully he remains an ally. I can’t imagine he wouldn’t now that he’s finally made a breakthrough with his brother.

I thought they should have brought a gun or something when they stormed the lab, hoodie guy certainly could have loaned them one.

This episode was the first this season to have a genuine outside storyline connection. The trucker that picked them up was the father of that girl at the clinic that was helping hoodie guy. Their encounter prompted him to contact her.

(Preceding paragraphs written during the episode. Following paragraph written after the episode.)

Are you kidding me? This has gone beyond ridiculous! They finally have Amelia, they are gone and AsterCrops catches them, Amelia is lost again and then they kill her mom?! I am about done with this show. If I wasn’t so intrigued in what this story is going to end up being I would just give up, they are clearly determined to not give anything substantial ever for more than a few minutes.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Clockwork had connections to outside people, but still no outside storylines. They were all connected to Jake and the 36.

That guy kills some AsterCorps people to protect what he knows, gets sentenced to death which estranges him from his daughter. Kiefer gets her to make a last effort to reconnect just in time to meet up with the guard who was going to give the injection, who knows her because she treated his son. The ensuing conversation shows him that he shouldn’t go through with it, because even though he thought it would bring closure to his own father’s murder, it wouldn’t be good for his son. He backs out, delaying the execution so that they make it to the guy. But... they don’t stop the execution? That was strange, and depressing. Apparently the whole thing was just so Kiefer could find his way to the missing gear of the cipher.

Something is bothering me now. Avram had said the 36 couldn’t, or at least shouldn’t, become self-aware of who they or the others were. But this episode clearly showed that at least one of them was. That guy killed those people to prevent AsterCrops from using his cipher to track them down. He knew he was one of them, and he knew there were others.

Anyway, now Amelia’s back and Kiefer knows her mom is dead. Not really sure where things are going from here.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jake talked! FINALLY!

Kitchen supplies guy is back again, that was neat. I don’t get what’s up with his wife though. She’s apparently one of the 36, but she doesn’t see patterns she just sees... stuff. Like telephoto vision or something. Strange.

Hoodie guy is back in with AsterCrops, that’s really weird. Especially after his main thing was making sure they didn’t get the God Sequence, and now he’s blurting out right to them that they almost do. At least he didn’t rat out Kiefer and Jake. Maybe he’s just pretending to rejoin them so he can keep an eye on their progress. Which appears to be quite substantial, having so many of the 36 in their study.

We’re finally done with crazy guy. I had a feeling it would come down to him killing himself as the only way to put a stop to things. But of course he utters cryptic last words that throw yet another twist into things. This ‘nest of seven’ is maybe some kind of subgroup of the 36, but why and how they are more important I don’t know. I wonder if it has something to do with the seers in the AsterCrops sleep study? That lady said they have six already, meaning there will be seven when kitchen supplies guy’s wife gets there.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*