Super Bowl XLVI halftime show

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl XLVI halftime show

Post by bookworm »

This year’s featured performer was Madonna.

Did you watch it?
If you did, what did you think?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I didn't see it, I only heard it. SO ANNOYING! The last one was stuck in my head all night! ](*,) :noway:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This year and last year are the only halftime shows I’ve ever watched, so with The Black Eyed Peas’ fail-filled performance the only thing I have to compare it to I thought it was a pretty good show. From an overall spectacle standpoint, you know.
I liked the soldiers at the beginning, but I thought they should have started fighting. :P

As for the specifics, I don’t know. I’d never heard any of her songs before, and kind of still haven’t because I could only understand about a third of what she was singing, but it sounded all right I guess. Some of it was kind of annoying though.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

All I know is, Madonna exploded and there was world peace! \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, the end was a little weird. Madonna melts like the Wicked Witch and then world peace comes from absolutely nowhere. :shrugs:
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I only saw parts of it. Pretty bad. I found it funny she mostly played other people's songs. What does that tell you. :-

However, it was a very giant leap forward from last year's performance. :yes:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

bookworm wrote:Yeah, the end was a little weird. Madonna melts like the Wicked Witch and then world peace comes from absolutely nowhere. :shrugs:
I was waiting for Ron Artest to come out at the end...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

DanP740 wrote:I was waiting for Ron Artest to come out at the end...
That was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it as well! :lol:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote:Yeah, the end was a little weird. Madonna melts like the Wicked Witch and then world peace comes from absolutely nowhere. :shrugs:
That is exactly what was said at the party I was at.

I really, really did not like it.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I really, really don't understand why you all even watched the halftime show. >_>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I didn't want to, but my dear mother did, because she watched Madonna a long time ago \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

American Eagle wrote:I really, really don't understand why you all even watched the halftime show. >_>
Because I was at the youth group party and it wasn't my house. :( Otherwise the mute button would be on.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yet another halftime show causes controversy.
NBC has had to apologize for failing to blur an obscene gesture made by one of the guest singers. I never would have known it happened if my attention wasn’t brought to it later, I didn’t notice it live. I did notice something was up, because right after it happened I noticed the whole screen blur for a second, but I thought they caught whatever it was. I hadn’t noticed that the blur came late.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I didn't notice it live.

It was overall a decent half time show. I'm not a Madonna fan so I'm biased against it slightly I suppose. I thought Tom Petty a few years ago and The Who did better jobs, but I like their music.

It was odd Madonna had so many guest stars and other songs when she is like the most famous female singer of all time.