The Dark Knight Rises news!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Maximus Meridius wrote:
Rose Tyler wrote:On a lesser note, it was a bit off-putting to see actors who were also in Inception (JGL, Marion Cotillard, Tom Hardy-though only briefly seeing his face)
Why would that be off-putting? Christopher Nolan uses only the best.
Not saying they aren't the best, but that was my initial reaction because Inception was the last movie those three actors starred in, and it was what I thought of.
Loki wrote:
In conclusion, I experienced a Jelly moment, which I feel compelled to share with you all. \:D/
Although I expected this film to be psychologically moving, I did not expect to get a spiritual lesson, but I did. During the scenes in which Bruce tries to climb out of the pit twice before he succeeds, it suddenly occurred to me that we sometimes live out our walks of faith like this. We run into an obstacle, and we can hear God saying, "Go on, climb. You can make it." So we decide to climb, but, instead of completely trusting Him, we climb with a rope because we can't shake those niggling doubts that we might not make it, that we might fall. It's so difficult to step out in faith and climb without a rope, even though that truly is how we should be climbing.
Okay, serious moment over. Let's talk about how hot Christian Bale is. :grineyes:
Loved the moment you mentioned, Aeva; that definitely was powerful ;)
and of course, I'm all for that last part of your post \:D/
Last edited by Shennifer on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Tyler Durden wrote:
Loki wrote:In conclusion, I experienced a Jelly moment, which I feel compelled to share with you all. \:D/
Although I expected this film to be psychologically moving, I did not expect to get a spiritual lesson, but I did. During the scenes in which Bruce tries to climb out of the pit twice before he succeeds, it suddenly occurred to me that we sometimes live out our walks of faith like this. We run into an obstacle, and we can hear God saying, "Go on, climb. You can make it." So we decide to climb, but, instead of completely trusting Him, we climb with a rope because we can't shake those niggling doubts that we might not make it, that we might fall. It's so difficult to step out in faith and climb without a rope, even though that truly is how we should be climbing.
This was literally the best part of the whole film, for realz. \:D/ I love that you caught that.
It certainly was. I don't catch things like that very often (at least without someone explaining them to me), so when I do catch something I get excited. \:D/
Rose Tyler wrote:and of course, I'm all for that last part of your post \:D/
Excellent. I didn't like his facial hair at all (even though it fit his character), but after he shaved then everything was all good again. :inlove:
Last edited by Aeva on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

AE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS YET?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

+1
Tyler Durden wrote:AE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS YET?
NO NOT YET. I haven't spoiled myself either. >_> It'll probably be DVD for me.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

AE, that is not acceptable. :noway: you need to see this movie in theaters.

Anyway, it feels anticlimactic to watch the previous ones now....

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Finally concluding this trilogy! I seriously have no idea why or how it took so ridiculously long to watch this last movie. As you may recall, if you were following my posts way back when I first set out to get around to this series, I was excited to check it out and really enjoyed the first two movies. So I didn't intentionally put this one off, I just didn't get to it right away after watching the first two and the more time that elapsed it gradually slipped off my media agenda. But I resolved a few weeks ago to be sure to finally get it watched sooner than later and now I have.

I liked this quite a bit, but still liked Batman Begins best. I think I would rank the three movies in order.

I still don't get why Batman framed himself for Dent's death. I understand why they decided to hide what really happened, but I don't get why that had to involve blaming Batman. I'm sure there was some detail about the situation that I didn't catch on first viewing.

It set up an interesting setting for this story though, of a Gotham turned against Batman. I don't prefer this kind of plot over him being a hero the city is grateful to have, but I guess we got enough of that before and they wanted to explore something new.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:I liked this quite a bit, but still liked Batman Begins best. I think I would rank the three movies in order.
I'm posting just to show support for this statement. That's how I feel too. I think part of it is because it isn't quite as dark (no pun intended) ;) as the others, and I like things a little lighter. That is the reason my brother loves this series and probably has the opposite order of favourites as I do, because he likes the darker depths blah blah blah. We agree to disagree. ;)