Pixar's "Brave" Trailer

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Out of curiosity, what do you think of The Little Mermaid?

I really want to see this movie... no time, and no money I want to spend... Netflix needs to get it quickly. ;)
Last edited by Termite on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

There are nearly zero Disney/Pixar movies on Netflix streaming. Toy Story 3 ran for awhile, but I think it was when they had the deal with Starz network. But you know, keep hope alive! ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

darcie wrote:There are nearly zero Disney/Pixar movies on Netflix streaming. Toy Story 3 ran for awhile, but I think it was when they had the deal with Starz network. But you know, keep hope alive! ;)
Seeing this ^ makes me glad that I don't use Netflix. I'm waiting patiently for Brave to come out on DVD. IMHO that's the best way to watch anyway.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Just so you know, Brave comes out on DVD Nov. 13, 2012. So not much longer!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I can take some 'rude' jokes, but nudity, even if it's animated, is going a bit too far for a movie that's targeted at 6 and 7-year olds.
But it's not supposed to be targeted at 6 and 7 years-olds. If it was, it would probably suck. ;)

I feel like I can't defend this movie enough. It celebrates chivalry, relationships and communication better than any animated film I've seen in recent years. The chemistry between Merida and her mother (in her unique transformation, even) is purely magical. In a world generally dominated by overt feminism and humanistic triumph, Brave really towers above other animated films of similar genre with its incredible moral authority.

Definitely one of my top three favorites of the year, so far. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I agree with Jelly. I thought this was going to be just another predictable princess movie. Girl hates her mother, is rebellious, goes out on her own, and falls in love with some random prince dude.
When I found out the demon bear was a prince, I was like: "Okay, it's obvious where this is going. The bear is going to transform back into the prince, and the girl's gonna fall in love with him." But that's not what happened. I like it when movies are unpredictable.
And I thought it was a much better message than most of those princess movies out there have. Instead of "Parents are always wrong, so don't listen to them and follow your dreams." it was "Parents may not always be right, but they do want what's best for you. And when they are wrong, they're not impossible to work with."
Last edited by Woody on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Exactly! I like that there was no romantic interest for the protagonist at all, in fact. It would have been predictable, but certainly not necessary.

Plus, the soundtrack is GOLDEN. \:D/
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Woody wrote:Just so you know, Brave comes out on DVD Nov. 13, 2012. So not much longer!
Yes, I am very excited!! \:D/
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

Jelly wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote:I can take some 'rude' jokes, but nudity, even if it's animated, is going a bit too far for a movie that's targeted at 6 and 7-year olds.
But it's not supposed to be targeted at 6 and 7 years-olds. If it was, it would probably
I beg to differ. There were many, many young children who were attracted by the princess and the Barbies in the movie theater. All the promotions hinted a family-friendly movie, which it was, but I still feel the nudity could've been edited out.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Promotion never equals artistic intent. I thought the promotion for Brave was terrible, but the movie itself ended up being incredible.

Besides, most little kids think bare bums are hilarious. ;)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Most little kids wouldn't care if they were the naked one everybody's staring at. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

So we watched it the other night. It wasn't bad. But like... I dunno, I expect better from Pixar. It would've been good for a typical Disney or Dreamworks but I have higher expectations for Pixar. It was fine, though.

But yeah I assumed it was about the girl running away on her horse and having adventures before returning home and loving her mom or something. But she just briefly ran away and because a Satanist then returned, etc. So at least it wasn't predictable.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

My dad bought this the day it came out. Not because he was excited or I was excited. He just saw it or something. So we'll be watching it soon.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I bought it the day it came out too. I haven't watched it yet.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

My mom bought the DVD and we watched it yesterday. It was kind of weird for me, because I hadn't seen it since its midnight premiere back in June, but I've listened to the soundtrack about a billion times, and so I knew the music better than I knew the plot. :P
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

it reminds me of my best friend. the part where she shoots for her own hand.

it was good. not the best. not the worst. i enjoyed i would watch it again in a pinch...
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

This is kind of in response to Jelly's post.

Though the movie was amazing to look at and very well animated...I was just expecting....a lot more. So I found it to be quite the let down. The trailer let on it was going to be something (it wasn't), and it never happened.

I could say a lot more about this movie...but I don't feel like typing it. =| Sue me..
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Thanks for 'kind of' responding snubs.. everyone usually leaves me hanging every time I get excited and write a big essay. :(