The Finder

Fox

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

The Finder

Post by Whitty Whit »

Well Fox has created The Finder, at least a while ago, and I've been watching it. I think I like this show. The 2nd episode was a little whacked, but.. :P
The Finder's website has the 5 most recent episodes, so I had to go find the pilot because it had already expired on their website. I like the premise, and the individual plots are really good, in my opinion. Has anyone else seen this fledgling show?

Edit: The show is about a guy who is compelled to find things. Very succinctly put.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Is this another one you think I should watch? ;)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Hehe, yeah. I think you would be intrigued. ;)
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, like Touch, it was one I wasn’t planning to watch; but, like Touch, it was one where the premise did pique my interest. I just wasn’t motivated enough to check it out on my own, but if someone else wants me to watch it to discuss I suppose I can take a look.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

So what'd you think? Did you like it?
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watched the Bones episode that leads into the series. I didn’t really like it. The plot itself was good enough, but the way they developed it was a little strange. And there were some unnecessary vulgarities dropped in that I didn’t really appreciate.

Then I watched the first episode. It was better. There were still a few things I think they could have left out, but overall I thought it was pretty good. I liked the plot and everything fit together well in the end.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Yeah there were ads for Bones, but I didn't feel like getting caught up in another TV show.

The first episode I think was good. I did like the ending as well.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:I didn't feel like getting caught up in another TV show.
That’s what I thought as well, but I wasn’t. I don’t know how much of that episode was a Bones show and how much was a pilot for The Finder. I think it was about half and half. The format was Bones I think, because it’s different than the first episode, but the Finder characters were in it and in character.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Enough show and things to do
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The second episode, Bullets, felt like a different show. It reminded me more of the Bones episode than the first episode. Good plot, but strange development. And more crudeness that could have been left out.

But then A Cinderella Story was different again. It was more like the first episode. They must be trying to figure out what they want the feel of the show to be. I would prefer this one over the other, but whichever they go with I just hope they choose soon. Jumping back and forth is awkward. This one also had some vulgarities I think they could have done without, but I guess that’s just the kind of show it is. This one also had an interesting side story in advancing Willa’s story and filling in Leo’s past. It paid off something mentioned in the Bones episode I was curious about. It was fulfilling, but not quite satisfying. That guy got his comeuppance, but like Leo said violence isn’t the real answer.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Which one was A Cinderella Story? I forget already. :P

Yeah, Bullets.. Was that the one with
That cannibal call girl? Or was she not a cannibal, just a serial killer that tears apart her victims to kill them...
Yeah. That could've been scrapped and no one would've cared. But you have to watch it to know who Ira is.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A Cinderella Story was the serial killer. Bullets was the shots in the swamp.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Ooh, Bullets (if I remember all of it) was a good one. Yeah A Cinderella Story. That's the one. lol
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think they found the formula. Episode four, Swing and a Miss. Good plot, great development, minimal vulgarities, humor, and even some emotion. (I was very touched at the jukebox thing at the end.) I hope future episodes are more or less like this one.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I liked that one. I liked the jukebox think aswell.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Great Escape was another good one. Willa’s story is getting filled in nicely now. At the end of the first episode, when she told Timo she could stay around until she got in the vault, I wondered if she really meant that or if she was just using it as an excuse because she decided she liked it there. We now know she did really want to get in, but it was for ‘good’ reasons, not because she just wanted to rob Walter.

Little Green Men I didn’t like. The episode itself was well done and fun to watch it unfold, but I don’t like those kinds of stories. The alien and conspiracy thing doesn’t sit well with me, especially if it ends up like this one did and there’s never an explanation. We know how whatever happened happened, but we don’t know why, or even really what it is.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Yes, Little Green Men was slightly humourous, but aliens are just stupid.

The new episode, which I can't remember the name of, was okay. I won't say anything about it unless you've already watched it. If you watch this, anymore, bookworm.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Eye of the Storm I really liked. It was an intense story, but it was done very well. Excellent development, and a great side story with the turnaround of the probation officer. And is it just me, or are they using less and less crude language as the show goes on?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Eye of the Storm was intriguing. I like the story line and development. I would've thought that the young girl's action (can't remember her name) was too drastic, but she was bullied. So I have to cut her some slack. The newest episode had some crude language. It's pretty good for an episode plot. The marshal seems to be getting more dramatic or hostile. At least, that's what I think.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I thought Life After Death was pretty good. It had another solid plot, and it was developed nicely. It did have an increase in language though.

The Last Meal was okay. Everything fit together well, it just seemed to have a different feel than usual. And I was a little disappointed that the parole officer went back to being an antagonist.