Legend Of Korra

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:The entire takeover of the stadium was fantastic. Seriously, was I the only one reminded of Anonymous when they saw the Equalist members in the crowd? Anyone can be a secret Equalist. Anyone.
Especially when you consider that we just witnessed a terrorist attack on a Nickelodeon show airing in-between SpongeBob and The Fairly OddParents.
the_newfie_haystack wrote:The music. Somebody get the music onto YT NOW.
Already been done! Just look up Korra music (or Korra - The Track Team). Something to that effect will get you awesomeness.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Fire benders sure love to kill parents......
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Who thinks Asami is evil? :shock: I DO!
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

gunblader3 wrote:Fire benders sure love to kill parents......
Yyyyeah. I was wondering about that. Who was it who got Mrs. Sato, the Agni Kai gang? I wonder if they're, like, some kind of die-hard Fire Nation nationalists... seventy years later? I don't know, but I'm seeing a pattern.
Buzz wrote:Who thinks Asami is evil? :shock: I DO!
I actually don't. I think she's legit. She looked genuinely shocked to learn what her father was up to.

Mind you, I was wondering about both of them the moment I saw those clothes. Them's villain clothes.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
TigerintheShadows

Caswin wrote:
Buzz wrote:Who thinks Asami is evil? :shock: I DO!
I actually don't. I think she's legit. She looked genuinely shocked to learn what her father was up to.

Mind you, I was wondering about both of them the moment I saw those clothes. Them's villain clothes.
Doesn't help that Asami has an uncanny (and, according to Bryke, coincidental) resemblance to Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, though? What she did in the episode was so awesome. She and Korra both earn cool points in my book for the sheer awesomeness of their character development. I'm more annoyed with Mako, though...I can see why he did it, but it wasn't cool that he accused Korra of playing the jealousy game.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Yeah, Mako was seriously out of line. And despite Asami's personality, she kind of reminds me of Azula. Also, does anyone notice that Tahno and Asami happen to share the same kind of eyes and hair? Creepy. Ooh! Maybe they're somewhat distant cousins or someother way related? \:D/
TigerintheShadows

I mean, I could understand if Korra was, say, accusing Asami of cheating on Mako. But Korra's talking about an extremely serious accusation, and Mako was assuming that the freaking Avatar would accuse someone of working for the Equalists just because of romantic jealousy. I understand why he would think that way, and I think a lot of parties were at fault, but he was definitely out of line, and I wish that Korra, Tenzin, and/or Lin would have set him straight.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I just finished all the episodes so far and can't wait till the new one!

Honestly though, I don't think Mako was out of line at all. Saying that somebody, especially a man who seemingly was in full support of the Avatar, was with the Equalists is serious. Honestly, I wouldn't believe Korra either.

I think it would be cool if Amon was Fire Lord Ozai. I mean, he can't bend, and he knows how to take bending away- Aang took away his. The only problem with my theory is obviously the time gap.

Altogether, right now I enjoy this show more then the first one! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

Taps wrote:Honestly though, I don't think Mako was out of line at all. Saying that somebody, especially a man who seemingly was in full support of the Avatar, was with the Equalists is serious. Honestly, I wouldn't believe Korra either.
Well, it wouldn't be out of character for Korra to do something like that, but the reason why he was out of line is exactly that--Korra was making a very serious accusation. I don't think he understands how seriously she's taking the Equalist threat, but all the same, I find it extremely petty that he assumed that his friend and the Avatar would accuse someone of lying over romantic jealousy. That he accused her of lying wasn't the problem; it was why.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps

Post by Taps »

Yeah, he was out of line to say "If you persist with this our friendship is over" That was a little drastic. But I think both could have handled the situation better. Plus who knows, that might have been part of Korra's motive.

Anybody have any crazy theories of who you think Amon is?
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I was not expecting the plot to go this way...

But I like it.
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Taps wrote:Altogether, right now I enjoy this show more then the first one! \:D/
Really? To me the episodes seem to be going slow and I feel like I'm lacking the necessary information I need to understand the plot. I'm also wondering if they will add more useful information to the other episodes. It does not seam that the information that we are receiving is relevant to finding Aman and figuring out how to stop him. Also, in the last season, the characters seamed to develop well and show more personality than Korra and the gang are showing now.

I may end up eating my words, :yum: but for now, these are my thoughts.

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
Taps

Post by Taps »

I just finished the newest episode, and can't wait for the episode on Saturday. I wonder how Amon resisted against blood bending. Theres a lot we don't know about him that we will find out in the last 3 episodes. I can't wait.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I'm on episode eight, and so far I think the show is.........completely awesome. I love the original but, this series beats it.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Taps

Post by Taps »

General IROH! Heck yes.
TigerintheShadows

The finale...SO MANY FEELS.
Amon...and bloodbending...and Tarrlok...and the airbenders...and bending removal...and the face...and the Avatars...and Makorra...FEEEEELLLS.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I just finished the last episode.......OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! That was the best ever!
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Taps

Post by Taps »

I loved the finale. Every last bit of it.

I can't wait for season two!
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

In retrospect, the show feels... rushed. Compressed, even. Like it wanted more than twelve episodes to tell the story in full. (I had a theory or two about Amon that didn't pan out, myself, but that's hardly their fault. See, the way I figured it, Korra would gradually learn the less physical aspects of being the Avatar, then not only turn her attention to the root of the "Equalist" problem, but exactly what's going on with Amon himself...)

The odd part is, of course, that they were already doing twenty episodes at a time and being extremely successful with them, so... I don't know, man. I will be tuning in when the show comes back, of course.
But I still don't know how on Earth bloodbending takes someone's bending away.
Oh, one line I particularly liked:
"I wanted you to know... I care about you."
"I care about you, too."
Last edited by Caswin on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
TigerintheShadows

I agree that it was a bit rushed. I wish it had been three seasons from the get-go, or at least a full first season. I also wish that the love square had never happened...it ruined Mako's character and provided for really unnecessary angst and drama.
The way bloodbending removes bending...hmm. It has something to do with blocking chakras via bloodbending, I think. It's a lot like advanced chi-blocking--it cuts off the bender's access to their bending. It's been described as reverse healing--instead of manipulating someone's chi to heal them, it manipulates their chi to sever ties with their access to bending (benders live longer due to their more powerful access to chi).
Taps wrote:Also, does anyone notice that Tahno and Asami happen to share the same kind of eyes and hair? Creepy. Ooh! Maybe they're somewhat distant cousins or someother way related?
I know the Satos are descended from the Fire Nation colonies, which explains their appearance, so I guess Tahno is descended from the colonies, as well--maybe some waterbenders got mixed in with them in addition to the Fire Nation.
AIO tumblr sideblog