Legend Of Korra

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Buzz

Legend Of Korra

Post by Buzz »

Who's excited about the new Avatar series, the Legend Of Korra? \:D/ I just watched the 1st episode on my Dad's FB! *w00t!*
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I was a huge fan of the first Avatar series, it might be my favorite television shows of all time. I haven't seen the 1st episode of Korra yet, but it doesn't look like it will rise to my expectations we shall see though.. .
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

No spoilers. I'm still on season one of the original. >_>
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm really looking forward to this! I've been excited ever since I heard about it. \:D/

Aaaaannnd the fandom shall explode. Shipping wars round two!
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I'm really curious about what happened to Zuko's mom.... :-
Last edited by Buzz on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Buzz wrote:I'm really curious about what happened to Zuko's mom.... :-

Agreed...I'm really interested in that.

A couple months before the Last Airbender movie came out, my family watched all of the episodes in chronological order from beginning to end. It was awesome. But we were disappointed to see the movie in theaters.

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Honey Wheeler wrote:
Buzz wrote:I'm really curious about what happened to Zuko's mom.... :-

Agreed...I'm really interested in that.

A couple months before the Last Airbender movie came out, my family watched all of the episodes in chronological order from beginning to end. It was awesome. But we were disappointed to see the movie in theaters.
I know, what was with the movie? I'm sorry but it was really lame. It didn't tell the story right, at all....
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Agreed. THey also did not say most of the named correctly. That started to bug me.

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Yeah, SOWKA, was it? And Aung? Why did they have to do that? :roll:
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

I'm SO excited for it to come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its probably my second favorite fantasy STORY
TigerintheShadows

Honey Wheeler wrote:Agreed. THey also did not say most of the named correctly. That started to bug me.
It was because M. Night Shamallamadingdong wanted to use the "correct Asian pronunciations"...completely ignoring all of his source material and the fact that the cast, two members of whom should at least have been Inuit or something, were all white. Everybody was white...except the villains. Uh-huh.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I like where this is going.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
TigerintheShadows

I just saw the first two episodes on Korra Nation...oh my word, I am SO EXCITED. They were fantastic; go look them up and watch them NAO.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Ginny Weasley wrote:I just saw the first two episodes on Korra Nation...oh my word, I am SO EXCITED. They were fantastic; go look them up and watch them NAO.
They are okay. I don't think that it is going to be a good extension of the first series though,

~Anne Rice
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Honey Wheeler wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:I just saw the first two episodes on Korra Nation...oh my word, I am SO EXCITED. They were fantastic; go look them up and watch them NAO.
They are okay. I don't think that it is going to be a good extension of the first series though,
I don't really like the music, that much. Everything else is alright. I like Korra's character, so far. But then again, I haven't watched much so it's hard to say what I think about it.
TigerintheShadows

I'm listening to some of the music right now--"The Rally" is an excellent track. I also love the orchestral version of the main theme they used in the opening titles.
AIO tumblr sideblog
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Honey Wheeler wrote:
I like the direction this show is going. I love the first Avatar, but you have to admit that some of the episodes were just to silly and it sometime over killed it self with it. I mean I know its meant to be a kids show,but still....

I really love the improvement of the animation. The only thing I am interested in is Amon (mostly because he's voiced by the legendary Steve Blum).
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
TigerintheShadows

Only the best for Avatar. :noway:

Brian Konietzko mentioned that he developed the art for more realistic proportions and less oversized heads, although some of the oversized-ness can be forgiven because most of the characters were young teens and were still going through puberty.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

So I downloaded the first two episodes because they were FREE on iTunes. They might still be, so if they are, take advantage of it because it's a good deal. (There is also a free episode of Phineas and Ferb for those of us who need two kids' shows to watch.)

I like this show. Already. I think it's going to live up to be a good second-placer to the show it was born out of. Now true, it will never be the original show. Why? Well, mainly because Saka is dead... However, the show kept the vibe of its original (minus the meat and sarcasm \:D/ ) and I thought it was good. However, I do miss the incredibly annoying credits music...
he/him | a little stinker.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

:( I was hoping for the third episode to leak out or something, looks like we need to wait this saturday for another one.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith