Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

You trolling? Five and eight? The show isn't about the plot. They butcher that continuously. They have no care at all for canon. It's about the characters.

How has she been fleshed out? She finally had some development after she decided she was mad at the Doctor. Two seconds into the next episode they're on a train.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Knight Fisher wrote:You trolling? Five and eight? The show isn't about the plot. They butcher that continuously. They have no care at all for canon. It's about the characters.

How has she been fleshed out? She finally had some development after she decided she was mad at the Doctor. Two seconds into the next episode they're on a train.
You know, it's really great to be accused of trolling for having a dissenting opinion. I really love that.

HOW IS SERIES THREE THE BEST?!! We got Martha, who was pandering after the Doctor the whole season, we got the whole Space Jesus ending, we got freaking DALEKS IN MANHATTAN, and you're saying it's the best?! Are you serious!? Maybe you're the one trolling.

Alright then, I'll bite. How has the show butchered the plot?

She has been fleshed out because the show is showing us her life other than The Doctor and the Three Brats. She's been shown to become more and more like the Doctor, and she realizes it and how bad it is for her, and she says she'll stop, but she doesn't. She's become addicted to the time travel. She lies to Danny about it for a long time, and finally, when she decides to tell him, he
dies

Aaannddd, in 7B:
LOLOLOLOL SHES IMPOSSIBLE LOLOLOLOL

Do you see how that's just a little little little more development than in the past?
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I think I understand where you're coming from, and I agree it's at least an improvement over the tiresome "IMPOSSIBLE GURL" arc last season. However, quite frankly she has started to annoy me this season, with "Flatline" being a notable exception. I don't like it when she tries to be clever and out-think the Doctor or when she tries to tell him what to do and to be his moral compass. Imho, every companion is just along for the ride and ought to be exactly what they are: companions. Clara has only come across as self-righteous and moody this season.

Having said all that, her gigantic tantrum at the beginning of "Dark Water" makes the Doctor's reaction even more moving. He still offered her his friendship and help despite her incredibly infantile, selfish behavior.

Gah, I just love Capaldi. :mad: :inlove:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I just thought of this...what volcano were Clara and the Doctor at?

:mrgreen:
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

They weren't at a volcano, remember? It was all a dream.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Everyone always sees different logic in Who. It's weird.
Aeva wrote:I think I understand where you're coming from, and I agree it's at least an improvement over the tiresome "IMPOSSIBLE GURL" arc last season. However, quite frankly she has started to annoy me this season, with "Flatline" being a notable exception. I don't like it when she tries to be clever and out-think the Doctor or when she tries to tell him what to do and to be his moral compass.
See, that didn't really bother me, because Eleven and Twelve were becoming more bitter and making bad choices. In my opinion they really needed a moral compass*. Which is odd, because now that the Doctor is being better again, Clara's just gotten worse. *blink*

Now if a companion had tried to be someone like Ten's morale compass, or Eleven's in the first half of his run; that would have annoyed me.

* someone to hold him accountable so he's not a god-like character doing whatever he feels like at the time.
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Woody

Post by Woody »

How does everyone like my new Missy set and status? \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Nice. I like it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Watched Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline.

The first was okay, it was interesting. I'm not terribly happy Danny doesn't know Clara is still traveling with the Doctor, but I'm sure that'll make it more emotional in the end

Flatline was good, her phonecall to Danny was funny, Clara having to take charge was a nice twist. The Tardis being portable was kinda a nod to the fans in real life who get the toy Tardis's for themselves
Clara's plan in the end was a good one and it recharged the Tardis and got everything in motion. I loved the little nod to the Addams Family when the Doctor used just his hand to move the little Tardis from the inside

About the above debate, here's my two cents:
I have only seen the Daleks in Manhatten two parter once. Partly because I really felt uncomfortable at the end of the first part (and throughout most of it). So it just doesn't sit well with me personally.
Maybe one day I'll brave it again, even if just to see Ten and Andrew Garfield guest starring.

I might not have liked Martha when she was crushing on the Doctor, but she came into her own and I don't think she gets enough love to be honest.
Personally, I like Nine and Ten's seasons, though Eleven is certainly getting there. Season 4 is the best in my opinion, overall.

I'm glad Clara is being more like an actual character instead of just a mystery (looking at you Moffat). I don't expect her to be perfect, though. So as long as she acts human, I'm mostly good. Also, I like Capaldi, it's just at times I find it hard to engage this season.

Till the end of the line.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Alright, with the finale tomorrow, it's time to get in my final theory(this contains the confirmed first line of next episode, as well as a hint from an advance review):
A Doctor Who news site I follow released a set of hints and teasers for the finale. One of them was this:

Opening line: “Stop! You can’t kill me!”

An advance review I read has this to say:

"Elsewhere Clara is about to face her own baptism of fire and the Impossible Girl will have to draw on Gallifreyan reserves of strength."

So here's my theorized opening scene, based on these two quotes, as well as the next time trailer for last week.

[Cyberman stomps out of box towards Clara]

Clara: "Stop! You can't kill me!"
Cyberman: "Delete."
Clara: "I think you'll have a bit of trouble with that."
Cyberman: "Explain"
Clara: "It's very simple. See, you're trying to delete Clara Oswald. Well, see there's your problem. Because I'm not Clara Oswald. Clara Oswald has never existed!"
Cyberman: "What is the meaning of this?"
Clara: "Why don't you find out? Go on. Delete me."
Cyberman: DELETE *shoots Clara*
[Clara grimaces, then looks down at her hands, which are beginning to glow]
Clara: "The Doctor, you know what he calls me? The Impossible Girl. You wanna know why he calls me that?" *grins* "This"
[Clara bursts into regeneration flames as the opening credits roll]

A bit far-fetched, I know. But, Gallifreyan reserves of strength? ;)
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I want that to happen so bad. I do. Come on, Meven Stoffat!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Random out-there theory:

“Stop! You can’t kill me!”

is what the boy says to Danny, who is about to push 'Delete'.

Woody

Post by Woody »

But why would he say that? Danny's about to kill himself, not the kid.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Exactly. I was saying it could be him for all Moffat does. We did already meet two versions of Danny.

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzeWM4Z ... 7Gouszaj9w

I wonder what'll happen to the kid when they go back.

I also think Seb acts more like the Master than Missy does. xD
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/death-in-h ... -68528.htm

Osgood gets an offer she can't refuse? OSGOOD FOR NEXT COMPANION!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Okay, last theory
This one comes from a code that was recently decoded on that same site.

DHLDENG JNRILYB ARPGAAW VURPTRK

was decoded to

I HAVE A NON GALLIFREYAN DAUGHTER

Clara is the Master's daughter o.o Remember, her father died? Well, either her mother was the Mistress, and killed her father, or her father was the Master and faked his own death. :-
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I feel guilty. I used Hola Unblocker to get on a UK VPN and watch Death in Heaven.
OIRJEOGRJAOGIJAFDSJKLGJOI
Woody

Post by Woody »

*feels guilty along with you*
UHFUYRUEHNVUMISSYDFHGALLIFREYHYBRIGADIERUAFETKG
I honestly haven't processed the episode enough to give a review... It's definitely gonna need a rewatch...
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Wow.

That was a really sound story imho. And the emotional scenes/losses were spot on. Osgood's death 'in the line of duty' proved that any character can die. This is dangerous stuff, it isn't just the people we don't care about. But Osgood's dead:/♥

The whole 'I'm the Doctor' thing from Clara seemed like it was just put in there to scare people on the trailer; to lead to a wild goose chase.

The reference to the Brigadier and then him being saluted by the Doctor. That was precious.

Also Kate's cyberman head was a nice reference to the last time the cyberman attacked at the cathedral, I think?

It seemed kind of obvious that Missy wasn't actually killed though. She flashed blue as in teleport, not red as in killed.

The Brigadier lives on, what an interesting loose end.

Danny and Clara. That was a beautiful storyline. Realistic. Sad. The boy got sent back, that's so very Danny.

The main part I was displeased with was after all that, Clara and the Doctor lied to each other again, as if they had learned nothing. And the Doctor initiated it this time.

Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I don't think Missy's dead. She was shot, but she didn't even regenerate or anything. I would assume that means she was transported somewhere, or something to that extent.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.