Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Joy wrote: I can't believe I have to wait till August. I don't think all 6 seasons can occupy me for that long. :(
That's why I started the old series. It should take me much longer than a summer to finish them.
In regards to "The Wedding of River Song"
I thought almost immediately that the Doctor used the Tesselecta. Though, the problem is that it completely ruined the rest of the story for me because I knew he wouldn't die. And the 'Doctor Who?' question was kind of obvious, though slightly unexpected. I wonder when the Doctor will tell River his name?
Last edited by Astronomer on Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Astronomer wrote:In regards to "The Wedding of River Song"
I thought almost immediately that the Doctor used the Tesselecta. Though, the problem is that it completely ruined the rest of the story for me because I knew he wouldn't die. And the 'Doctor Who?' question was kind of obvious, though slightly unexpected. I wonder when the Doctor will tell River his name?
Actually,
I think River saw the Doctor's name engraved into his old cradle. (River can read Gallifreyan, I believe.)
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Saw this on a Dr. Who t-shirt for sale and thought it was too great not to share:
You can check it out (and other ones) here: http://www.threadless.com/product/2899/DoctorHoo/
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bahaha! that's awesome :D I want one now.

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I WANT. I WANT NOW!

EDIT: *snicker* Also, I found this shirt, which might only make sense to a select few: http://www.threadless.com/product/3221/ ... tyle,shirt I hate that movie.
Last edited by Amethystic on Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

xD Back to the Future?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

No, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. :sick:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Amethystic wrote:
Actually,
I think River saw the Doctor's name engraved into his old cradle. (River can read Gallifreyan, I believe.)
Oooh, that's an interesting thought. \:D/

Astronomer, some of us aren't fast enough to think of it all like you. :(
Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Saw this on a Dr. Who t-shirt for sale and thought it was too great not to share:
You can check it out (and other ones) here: http://www.threadless.com/product/2899/DoctorHoo/
This. Is. Awesome. XD XD

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
Actually,
Oooh, that's an interesting thought. \:D/

Astronomer, some of us aren't fast enough to think of it all like you. :(
Sometimes I get so sucked into a story that I forget about guessing what is to come, but I had been anticipating this for so long that I kind of knew everything before it happened (though some stuff still threw me).
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

humoralertWell aren't you just so smart, then? Go sit in a corner and leave us empty-headed fans to wonder with awe in peace. :noway:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Termite wrote:humoralertWell aren't you just so smart, then? Go sit in a corner and leave us empty-headed fans to wonder with awe in peace. :noway:
Go to a corner? That's where I always am. I figure I'll be sent there eventually, so that is where I stay. :-$
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm so smart I knew Astronomer was BC's brother almost immediately :noway:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Ugh, sometimes Doctor Who is too creepy for my own good. It may seem childish, but I do get scared. And freaked. Like with "The Time of Angels". Now, that's a creepy episode. Especially the part about an image of the angel can become an angel. And the way it kept moving closer, and closer. *shivers* It sends shivers up my spine. I literally had to pause it, and calm myself down.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

you watch it and my brother won't let me watch it until I am thirteen though I saw my first pg-13 movie when I was like five really and that one alone gives me nightmares after that I have watched and watched
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah... don't forget, you are only ten, Joy, and some episodes are definitely scary. Don't worry about it. ^_^
Love you always, SnC
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Amethystic wrote:
Actually,
yes she can because she is also a half-time lord, and you can tell she can read it (from 6x07, the episode I watched today)... at least, that's what I understood)
As much as I've somehow managed to watch seasons 5 and 6 in about three days as of late, while studying for all my tests, I'm mildly excited for season 7, even though I LOVE the Ponds and hate to see them leave, and the new companion is scary, and there is no news on if a regeneration is happening any time soon, but it will either come this season or next - the longest run has been about 3 seasons for a generation, and I don't see Matt carrying on FOREVER! As much as I LOVE Matt, he's amazing - it ain't gonna happen.

As for creepy: Doctor Who has its moments of DEFINITELY being a sci-fi show. There are also some very low and lame plots. I can say Steven Moffat's episodes are NEVER boring, but have a mild touch of sadness to them if you are a true, die-hard fan. I just blame it on his masochistic tendencies and move on, lol. It's the same in Sherlock.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed, there are some lame plots. In Moffat's case, I think the ideas are good, but not executed well because too much happens. And I don't know about masochistic in Doctor Who seasons 5 and 6, but I do recognize it in Sherlock (incidentally, me and my parents just watched The Blind Banker)

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Shennifer wrote:In Moffat's case, I think the ideas are good, but not executed well because too much happens.
You just summed up my exact view of Moffat's writing much more succinctly than I can lol. His episodes, although fun, are a whirlwind of stuff, and I just wish he would take some depressants and stop trying to be SO INCREDIBLY clever. I mean, being clever is good, but sometimes he's a little too clever and, therefore, has to do too many things to wrap up all of his clever, intertwining plot lines.
Last edited by Aeva on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Exactly; it kinda bugs me when people are all like "Moffats the greatest writer of all time " because it's not true. Plus I think he sacrifices good characters and caring about them for an exciting plot. You can have both you know.
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

He's phenomenal... seriously. If he calmed down the scripts he would win best writer of all time. For sure.

Buuut as had been said, he's too complicated, so it cheapens some of the plot lines... Eh. Eleven is my favorite, cheesy episodes and all. \:D/
Love you always, SnC