Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

1. You guys are the best. ^.^ No one else likes to theorize with me. :P
Woody wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:Wait...the door Clara comes out of at 0:13 says R.I.P. over it...

*freakout*
O.O

Clara died once as a dalek and once as a Governess..did those clones go to 'Heaven'?
O.O And that is the best idea I have ever heard! If that's the case, then Missy could have thousands of Claras o.o

I have a theory on the "Clara Oswald has never existed!" line. Think back to Series 7. Two Claras died saving the Doctor. The Doctor, eager to solve this mystery, finds what we've called the "real Clara" in the present day. But what if it wasn't the real Clara? What if the Clara was all know and love(or hate, for some) is really just one of the splinters that got spread across the Time Winds? What if Clara, when stepping into the Doctor's timestream, accidentally created herself? She was supposed to have died when she did that, right(died saving the Doctor. Coincidence?)? There was supposed to be nothing left of the "real" her. But what if she was already a splinter, and thus survived? And, if this is all true, then Clara Oswald really never has existed! She's just a giant self-created paradoxical loop!

Anyways, that's my theory. \:D/
Well that's pretty cool. o.O And makes sense in a weird sort of way xD

And those trailers don't really help with patience. ](*,)

Now I'm getting all these random ideas about how Clara turned into Missy -- Missy being like a female version/copy of the Doctor.

Clara was starting to turn into the Doctor.

How come I never get this many ideas for my own stories? :(

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm totally reading all this without being caught up yet :-

Till the end of the line.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I read a very good theory that Missy is the Valeyard. For those who don't know, the Valeyard is something from the classic series. Basically, a version of the Doctor that is the culmination of all the evil inside of him. Apparently the Master, when describing the Valeyard, could not specify when it was created, only that it was between the Doctor's 12th and final incarnations. The theory is that with all the recent monkey wrenches in numbering, it's easy enough to understand why this would be difficult to specify. For one, 10 regenerated twice. For another, there's the War Doctor. So, 12 could be seen as 12(traditional numbering), 13(counting either 10's double regeneration or the War Doctor), or 14(counting both). Hence the Master's confusion. The theory is that when the Doctor stepped inside his timestream, splinters of him were created as well, including Missy/the Valeyard.

Certainly an interesting speculation. Whatever the case, I'm almost certain this finale will tie into The Name of the Doctor.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Shen. xD Where are you?

Woody, you should go work for Doctor Who. Just saying. :)

Woody

Post by Woody »

I'd love that. :p That last theory isn't mine, but I do think it's wonderful.

*grumbles about a stupid dancing show delaying DW*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Here's a tip: Install Hola Unblocker, go to bbc.co.uk/iplayer, click "Dark Water," profit.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Moffat has this thing about killing his companions' boyfriends..

The Master is a girl. Apart from how much I hate them swapping genders around like it's nothing, the rest of the episode is good.

Clara and the Doctor finally see the person Clara's become..and they both know that she doesn't deserve a second chance.

Though this Doctor is harder..he still loves.

Woody

Post by Woody »

Missy is the freaking Master. *dies*

I totally called it on converting the dead to Cybermen. \:D/

Clara's dream state TARDIS key destruction scene was absolutely fantastic. Great acting on both their parts.

Danny's dead, and I am sad because he's probably my favorite male companion ever. :( That exchange between him and Clara when Danny's dead... "I love you" THE FEEEELZ. I just hope he doesn't press that button...(BTW, that button should've said Upgrade. Who would press a button that deletes them?)

And is it just me, or is the afterlife concept extremely morbid and disturbing?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

They'd better have a really good explanation. :P

*high fives*

It was brilliant. It was a bit like Mels trying to kill Eleven in Hitler's office. Hello Benjamin.

Well, they'll probably restore him somewhat, but he may not be able to go back to Coal Hill since they think he's dead. So maybe the Christmas special will be about where they move and settle down. *shrug* (If there was nothing worth living for, lots of people would. Lots of people choose to leave life every day. :/ Muchless if it's a place like that.

Yeah, it's morbid. I guess I'm enjoying The Doctor so much in the episode though that it doesn't completely turn me off. And it's not as morbid as the Master's finale in series 3.

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Shen. xD Where are you?

Woody, you should go work for Doctor Who. Just saying. :)
The last episode I saw was Kill the Moon, so I'm a bit behind.

Till the end of the line.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Mind. Is Blown. MASTER MASTER MASTER MASTER!!!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Boring. Boring. Boring? That's the big reveal. Bringing back two overused villains?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Boring. Boring. Boring? That's the big reveal. Bringing back two overused villains?
Oh yeah, because the master is soooo overused. He's shown up what, three times in the last ten years? Imagine that. :shame:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Oh yeah, because the master is soooo overused. He's shown up what, three times in the last ten years? Imagine that. :shame:
Uh, yes. That would be far overused.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Meanwhile, Daleks are at 13, but I didn't hear you say overused when Into the Dalek aired. Furthermore, three times in ten years is not that much when you consider that Roger Delgado's master appeared six times in two years when John Pertwee played the Doctor. Now that's overused.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Meanwhile, Daleks are at 13, but I didn't hear you say overused when Into the Dalek aired. Furthermore, three times in ten years is not that much when you consider that Roger Delgado's master appeared six times in two years when John Pertwee played the Doctor. Now that's overused.
That's because I already ranted too much to the people I was watching with. :P Also 9 years. And the big difference being he was an original villain then. Moffat is just re-hashing instead of coming up with new stuff. We've seen this plot line already. And Clara unlike Martha isn't a good enough character to redeem it.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Knight Fisher wrote:
That's because I already ranted too much to the people I was watching with. :P Also 9 years. And the big difference being he was an original villain then. Moffat is just re-hashing instead of coming up with new stuff. We've seen this plot line already. And Clara unlike Martha isn't a good enough character to redeem it.
Ouch. Someone should explain to me why people dislike Clara. Maybe I just like her so much because I relate to her personality and stuff. :shrugs:

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Every time she has any character development they reset it. (Sometimes with a big button.) Oswin Oswald was intriguing. There was a story there. Killed her off. The second Clara also intriguing killed her off. Clara the techie completely written out. She just had so much potential that they wasted. And compared to the best two years of New Who (3 and 4) or even the first few Amy years the writing for her just doesn't stack up.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Okay, that makes sense. I do hold a grudge for how they messed with her character. It was so beautiful between Deep Breath and Robin Hood.

On a side note:

SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Knight Fisher wrote:Every time she has any character development they reset it. (Sometimes with a big button.) Oswin Oswald was intriguing. There was a story there. Killed her off. The second Clara also intriguing killed her off. Clara the techie completely written out. She just had so much potential that they wasted. And compared to the best two years of New Who (3 and 4) or even the first few Amy years the writing for her just doesn't stack up.
How has Clara Prime been reset? I get it if you're talking about S7 P2, but here in series 8, she's been more developed and fleshed out now that we don't have to deal with the whole Impossible Girl thing.

Oh, and Series 3 & 4 the best years? You have got to be kidding me.

Series 3: OK, but suffers from Daleks in Manhattan and it's second part, and Utopia, Last of the Time Lords, and that whole ridiculous Doctor-is-Space-Jesus ending.

Series 4: Again, the finale. Apart from that and Partners in Crime, it's pretty solid.

I would say the two best years would be 5 and 8.