Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I agree he's phenomenal with what he did with the season 6, maybe in The Doctor Dances two parter. But definitely with Sherlock.

Till the end of the line.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

He wrote Sherlock? That explains it! I always thought the Doctor was like Sherlock in a way, being amazingly smart and all that. Thought I'm sure all Time Lords are like that.
Moffat writes like that? I never really notice the quality of writing unless it's super, super lame.
Are you saying "The Time of Angels" is like that?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Probably; granted, it's been awhile since I've seen season 5, but I still maintain that he often seems to try and have a real exciting plot, while writing the characters doing things that were usually out of character, or just in support of the plot and not making us care about them. It's possible to have both a good plot and characters you love :)

and by Sherlock I mean the BBC British show, Sherlock.

Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Shennifer wrote:Probably; granted, it's been awhile since I've seen season 5, but I still maintain that he often seems to try and have a real exciting plot, while writing the characters doing things that were usually out of character, or just in support of the plot and not making us care about them. It's possible to have both a good plot and characters you love :)

and by Sherlock I mean the BBC British show, Sherlock.
The newish one? The one with the guy that's gonna be in the Hobbit?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed :yes:

No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I would like to note that both the cracks in time and the Silence have yet to be resolved.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Maybe the Silence caused the TARDIS to explode to form the cracks in time so that they could conquer every dimension. :-k
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Post by 31899 »

Aeva wrote:Maybe the Silence caused the TARDIS to explode to form the cracks in time so that they could conquer every dimension. :-k
That seems more like something the Daleks would do and they were convinced
The cracks in time are the work of the Doctor. It is confirmed.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The cracks in time were caused by the TARDIS exploding. For some reason, this caused two time pieces that should never have touched, to touch, thereby creating the cracks in time. I guess the only way to fix it again was to make the two pieces of time touch again, which reversed the damage. Or something. :oops: A lot more confusing than I thought it was.

In regards to the 'Character depth dying because of too complicated plots' discussion: Watch Amy's Choice there's a complicated plot with plenty of character development.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Astronomer wrote:The cracks in time were caused by the TARDIS exploding. For some reason, this caused two time pieces that should never have touched, to touch, thereby creating the cracks in time. I guess the only way to fix it again was to make the two pieces of time touch again, which reversed the damage. Or something. :oops: A lot more confusing than I thought it was.

In regards to the 'Character depth dying because of too complicated plots' discussion: Watch Amy's Choice there's a complicated plot with plenty of character development.
Ooh! That one was good! Kinda confusing, but aren't a lot of them?

Post by 31899 »

Astronomer wrote:The cracks in time were caused by the TARDIS exploding. For some reason, this caused two time pieces that should never have touched, to touch, thereby creating the cracks in time. I guess the only way to fix it again was to make the two pieces of time touch again, which reversed the damage. Or something. :oops: A lot more confusing than I thought it was.
You are somewhat right, but something caused the TARDIS to explode and we don't know what.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Could the Silence have caused the TARDIS to explode? Or maybe they drove the Doctor to the end of his rope, and he then blew her up out of desperation. (Bit of a long shot, but one never knows with Steven Moffat lol.)
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Aeva wrote:Could the Silence have caused the TARDIS to explode? Or maybe they drove the Doctor to the end of his rope, and he then blew her up out of desperation. (Bit of a long shot, but one never knows with Steven Moffat lol.)
Yes, the Doctor did blow it up, but that was the second time, to erase the time cracks. Could that have somehow carried over to the first time? So the reason the TARDIS exploded was to stop the cause of the explosion? Now that is a mind-boggler...
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.

Post by 31899 »

The TARDIS only exploded once, it just took a really long time. The answer to your question is no, a temporal loop was not created.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

This is probably part of the reason we only get four episodes this year... it all has to wrap up. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Termite wrote:This is probably part of the reason we only get four episodes this year... it all has to wrap up. ;)
Moffat probably won't wrap it up. Still, I could be wrong.
And, there are still going to be more episodes next year, too... They are just spreading them over all winter.
Last edited by Astronomer on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I know, but still. :P They're getting rid of Amy and Rory, so I feel like it could kinda be a milestone... eh, we'll see.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Only four episodes to start? hmmm...I wonder how the Pond legacy will end. Not that I'm terribly sorry to see them go :- they're okay, I liked Rory (and Amy when she wasn't flirting with the Doctor)

Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Shennifer wrote:Only four episodes to start? hmmm...I wonder how the Pond legacy will end. Not that I'm terribly sorry to see them go :- they're okay, I liked Rory (and Amy when she wasn't flirting with the Doctor)
Completely agree about Amy. Also, I like Rory, but he was only in around every other episode because he kept dying! He died around four times during the last two seasons!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Amy and Rory are the best companions...ever. :inlove:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.