Once Upon a Time

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Once Upon a Time

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm not quite sure how this doesn't have a thread yet... But anybody else watch? Season one wraps up next week. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

YES!!!! This show is sooooo awesome!! I really hope they continue to a second season!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Me, my sister, and our family friend started watching it over Christmas break; it was amazing! And still is \:D/ I can't wait for tomorrow so I can watch it online. I think it has great potential, so long as they don't drag it out over a ridiculously long period of time.

Till the end of the line.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I was intrigued when the pilot first aired, and I've been keeping up with the season. Definitely an intriguing premise, and it's been fun learning about the different fairytale characters. Although, there were a few "filler" episodes I thought the last couple episodes have been top notch. ;)
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I was really excited about it at first, but have basically stopped caring. Like, at all. I hate the way the writers' manipulate their viewers and I hate how nothing good ever happens (in Storybrooke, but even in the actual fairy tales there aren't a whole lot of happy endings). But I still watch. Because it's such a unique storyline and so well done. And it's really clean, which is nice. But it really just frustrates me. I feel like it would have made a better mini-series (or maybe a TV series with a defined end), 'cause I don't think they can sustain many seasons keeping it more interesting than it is frustrating.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:I was really excited about it at first, but have basically stopped caring. Like, at all. I hate the way the writers' manipulate their viewers and I hate how nothing good ever happens (in Storybrooke, but even in the actual fairy tales there aren't a whole lot of happy endings). But I still watch. Because it's such a unique storyline and so well done. And it's really clean, which is nice. But it really just frustrates me. I feel like it would have made a better mini-series (or maybe a TV series with a defined end), 'cause I don't think they can sustain many seasons keeping it more interesting than it is frustrating.

Mandy
I agree, Mandy. I began to watch it, and I really liked it, but it just frustrated me. I don't mind shows not always having happy endings, however this one almost never seemed to. so, I no longer watch it. But, it's still a good show.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

But that was the point. There are no happy endings! :shock: That's why Emma has to save the day. Or in some cases, Henry.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Knight Fisher wrote:But that was the point. There are no happy endings! :shock: That's why Emma has to save the day. Or in some cases, Henry.
But if you'll notice, there weren't too many happy endings in the fairy tales either:
(Regina's story, Baelfire and Rumple, the majority of Snow and Charming's story, Hansel and Gretel, Ruby being a werewolf, Gepetto's family)
Honestly, Storybrooke doesn't seem that much better than fairy tale land.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I did feel a bit hopeless as the season progressed, given Regina's evilness. However, I think it's getting really good, and the season finale is gonna be amazing :yes: Those of you who stopped watching, I understand, but you don't know what you're missing.

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Shennifer wrote:I did feel a bit hopeless as the season progressed, given Regina's evilness. However, I think it's getting really good, and the season finale is gonna be amazing :yes: Those of you who stopped watching, I understand, but you don't know what you're missing.
Maybe I will watch the season finale. I also stopped watching it because I thought it misrepresented adoption. I know that in select cases a kid will be adopted by bad parents, but most of the time, the people who take the time and effort to adopt will be good parents. Maybe it's just because I'm adopted, and it's kind of an important topic for me.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Oh. My. Gosh. That was amazing. I want to watch the finale again. So much amazingness happened; the curse was broken, Henry didn't die, Regina actually seemed like a different person for once, Belle was rescued, Her and Rumpelstiltskin are reunited (YES) and everyone remembers who they really are, fairy tale characters! \:D/

So good. Everyone, go watch it now.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That, was awesome! \:D/ And we have to wait how long for season 2?

They did sorta break the true love's kiss rule though.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I decided to watch the season finale. It was really good! It makes me want to go watch the episodes I missed! I am still not crazy how they represented adoption, but it is still a good show. I might be watching season two when it comes out.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I feel like the show went up, down, and up again as the season went by. Really, the whole Snow/Charming relationship really bugged me the whole season, still does. I loved Belle/Rumple, and I need more of the Mad Hatter/Jefferson. I adore Sebastian Stan.

Overall, excited for the second season, even though now it's all a waiting game to September. Like always.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Season two started Sunday. Interesting start. But the acting wasn't the greatest.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I liked the premiere too, KF, but I must agree some of the acting was rather...stiff? formal? Not sure what the word is, but it really could've been better. I definitely hope it gets better because it has potential.

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Huh.. Wonder if anyone is watching the third season.. I am. I like all things Peter Pan.

Who's gonna watch Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? I'm still not sure if I am. I'll probably check it out.. Maybe.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*major bump* ^

Season 3 looks good so far \:D/ Peter Pan is shaping up to be a fascinating villain.

I ship Hook and Emma (and in an alternate universe, Emma and Baelfire).

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Peter Pan makes a great villain. I'm really interested in what is going on with Henry, what Peter Pan and the Lost Boys are doing to him, and such.

I'm for Hook and Emma, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Or it will, but it will eventually die. I don't know.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I watch it. Except I watch online within the week after it airs and ABC totally spoiled the end of the episode by playing a scene from next week's RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE, giving away Pan's identity. I think I like it for the same reasons I like historical fiction. Except this is re-fictionalized fiction. >_> The Wonderland version (from what I saw of last spring's previews) looks creepier and weirder. Of course, the Alice stories are creepy and weird, but it didn't seem like it would be as much fun.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon